Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Parker 14:54 - Aug 13 with 38860 viewsstan4england

all over Twitter ... except now rumours of Fulham
Parker on 15:50 - Aug 13 with 2353 viewslave16

Parker on 15:48 - Aug 13 by Northernr

Redknapp said: "We're hopeful of getting Scotty signed soon. He's a great lad and will be a really good signing for us."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/10240232/QPR

Oh Harry why can't you just keep a lid on it until he's signed? Just tell journos you can't comment like everybody else does.

don't tell Norwich

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Parker on 15:53 - Aug 13 with 2336 viewstoboboly

Rated Parker a few years ago but for the money we will have to pay him I wonder if he is worth it? Especially if it forces Faurlin out.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Parker on 15:55 - Aug 13 with 2317 viewsadhoc_qpr

Parker on 15:46 - Aug 13 by Toast_R

2 year ago he was hot property, that only 2 years which is nothing really.

Our game at Spuds season before last he was a complete nuisance to us all game and he pretty much ran that show.

If he can remain fit he'll be fantastic in this league and this is one hell of a signing. (Said that about Park).

Disagree, 2 years and a number of injuries is a long time for a footballer in his 30's.

Parker looked a shadow of his former self when i saw him last season,

Very dubious if this happens due to cost, motivation and fitness - but i'd love to be proved wrong.

If he regains his form and fitness and isn't shot though, he could make a big difference. Hope the club are doing their homework and not dazzled by another big 'name'.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2013 15:56]
Parker on 15:58 - Aug 13 with 2287 viewsfakekerby

Is there really nobody better out there for this level of spending? £3.5 million + high wages is ridiculous for a 32 year old in this league!
Parker on 15:59 - Aug 13 with 2281 viewsJamie

Parker on 15:55 - Aug 13 by adhoc_qpr

Disagree, 2 years and a number of injuries is a long time for a footballer in his 30's.

Parker looked a shadow of his former self when i saw him last season,

Very dubious if this happens due to cost, motivation and fitness - but i'd love to be proved wrong.

If he regains his form and fitness and isn't shot though, he could make a big difference. Hope the club are doing their homework and not dazzled by another big 'name'.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2013 15:56]

If he's genuinely got 40 games left in his legs then fair enough. Can't believe he has though.
Parker on 15:59 - Aug 13 with 2275 viewsblacky200

Hopefully he will be another Wilkins and run the midfield.
Parker on 15:59 - Aug 13 with 2274 viewssdm1508

To be honest I would rather have his experience in the middle of the park than Henry's
Parker on 16:05 - Aug 13 with 2229 viewsBasingstokeR

But we can't keep signing a player, giving them one or two games then signing a high profile player in the same position!
Login to get fewer ads

Parker on 16:07 - Aug 13 with 2210 viewsNorthernr

A random collection of thoughts:

+ England international midfielder, playing regularly for one of the best teams in the premier League last season, dropping down to play in the Championship. Any other team in the league would be bloody thrilled.

- Yet again we're spending big money on a transfer (£3.5m is very big money in this league) and on wages for a player who has zero sell on value.

- Looked like his legs had gone a bit last season. As we saw with park, it's dangerous assuming that just because a player can't cut it at the very highest level any more doesn't mean he'll still be any good for a team lower down the level. Often when you take them away from the world class players they were previously playing with and stick them in a mediocre team a whole load of new problems suddenly come to light.

+ Better than almost all of our current central midfield options.

+ Great pro, leader, captain material, dressing room, right sort etc etc

- Look to be making the same Rob Green/Julio Cesar mistake here to me. We sign Karl Henry, but then somebody better becomes available so we sign them as well, replacing a player that only arrived a couple of weeks ago.

- Or we're replacing Ale Faurlin.
Parker on 16:22 - Aug 13 with 2122 viewsJamie

Parker on 16:07 - Aug 13 by Northernr

+ England international midfielder, playing regularly for one of the best teams in the premier League last season, dropping down to play in the Championship. Any other team in the league would be bloody thrilled.

- Yet again we're spending big money on a transfer (£3.5m is very big money in this league) and on wages for a player who has zero sell on value.

- Looked like his legs had gone a bit last season. As we saw with park, it's dangerous assuming that just because a player can't cut it at the very highest level any more doesn't mean he'll still be any good for a team lower down the level. Often when you take them away from the world class players they were previously playing with and stick them in a mediocre team a whole load of new problems suddenly come to light.

- Look to be making the same Rob Green/Julio Cesar mistake here to me. We sign Karl Henry, but then somebody better becomes available so we sign them as well, replacing a player that only arrived a couple of weeks ago.

Played 1400 minutes out of a possible 3400 minutes last season in the league.
Parker on 16:25 - Aug 13 with 2115 viewsPinnerPaul

Parker on 16:07 - Aug 13 by Northernr

Can't (for a change for me!) argue with any of that.

The obvious problem on the Henry/O Neill/Parker line is its difficult to let the "lesser" players go in the hope of signing THE one. The obvious fall back to that is to trust a bit more the players here already, Faurlin, Mbia etc if the Parker deal falls through.

Harry, and it his call, seems reluctant to do that - he obviously prefers Henry/O'Neil to say Faurlin/Mbia if Parker doesn't sign.

Pretty clear we're in this transfer buisness merry go round for a while yet. Although we all agree short term contracts are the way to go clearly , next summer, whatever div we are in heading for, will require yet another wholesale clear out/buying spree.
Parker on 16:27 - Aug 13 with 2094 viewsJonDoeman

Parker on 16:22 - Aug 13 by Jamie

How many minutes will he play this season oracle?

It Is What It Is !!

Parker on 16:28 - Aug 13 with 2085 viewsQPRDave

Should be nice and fresh for us then
Parker on 16:28 - Aug 13 with 2080 viewsJonDoeman

Will this mean Barton going?

Running out of options though :

Imbula form at Marseille rules out Barton return - SportsDirect News: http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/football-league/30036-imbula-form-at-marseille-r

It Is What It Is !!

Parker on 16:28 - Aug 13 with 2077 viewsN12Hoop

It's an awful lot of money for a player who could well be Park Mk II. There is surely better value for money out there if £3.5m is really the cost.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Parker on 16:29 - Aug 13 with 1998 viewsMetallica_Hoop

More people have viewed this thread than will be at Swindon
[Post edited 13 Aug 2013 16:29]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Parker on 16:29 - Aug 13 with 1997 viewsJamie

Parker on 16:27 - Aug 13 by JonDoeman

How many minutes will he play this season oracle?

Depends how his groin holds up.
Parker on 16:30 - Aug 13 with 1977 viewsQPRDave

Parker on 16:28 - Aug 13 by N12Hoop

It's an awful lot of money for a player who could well be Park Mk II. There is surely better value for money out there if £3.5m is really the cost.

Harry knows the player and thinks he is the best option....
Parker on 16:31 - Aug 13 with 1970 viewsstan4england

Parker on 16:29 - Aug 13 by Metallica_Hoop

More people have viewed this thread than will be at Swindon
[Post edited 13 Aug 2013 16:29]

I knew Twitter would be useful for something - I'm famous!
Parker on 16:34 - Aug 13 with 1946 viewsN12Hoop

Parker on 16:30 - Aug 13 by QPRDave

Harry knows the player and thinks he is the best option....

Harry seems to think all his ex-players are the best option. He's short-termist and clearly can't be arsed with this scouting lark

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Parker on 16:34 - Aug 13 with 1942 viewsadhoc_qpr

Parker on 16:25 - Aug 13 by PinnerPaul

Can't (for a change for me!) argue with any of that.

The obvious problem on the Henry/O Neill/Parker line is its difficult to let the "lesser" players go in the hope of signing THE one. The obvious fall back to that is to trust a bit more the players here already, Faurlin, Mbia etc if the Parker deal falls through.

Harry, and it his call, seems reluctant to do that - he obviously prefers Henry/O'Neil to say Faurlin/Mbia if Parker doesn't sign.

Pretty clear we're in this transfer buisness merry go round for a while yet. Although we all agree short term contracts are the way to go clearly , next summer, whatever div we are in heading for, will require yet another wholesale clear out/buying spree.

If we do sign Parker and Baird, the average age of our summer signings will be 29.4 - so much for young and hungry...

Still at least many are on 1 year contracts, so we have learnt something!
Parker on 16:35 - Aug 13 with 1936 viewsJonDoeman

Parker on 16:34 - Aug 13 by N12Hoop

Harry seems to think all his ex-players are the best option. He's short-termist and clearly can't be arsed with this scouting lark

Zapata ?

It Is What It Is !!

Parker on 16:36 - Aug 13 with 1926 viewsNov77

Ji sung Parker.

TF's motto should be “I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly”

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Parker on 16:37 - Aug 13 with 1925 viewsdolcelatte

Parker on 16:34 - Aug 13 by N12Hoop

right and how many other managers do just that, Hughes, Holloway, Warnock a few of ours who do just that for starters...

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Parker on 16:37 - Aug 13 with 1917 viewsdaveB

in fairness to Parker he hardly missed a game for several years before last year, he got an achilies injury at Euro 2012 so missed the first half of the season but was a regular in the second half of the season. He tended to look worse than he is due to the way Spurs played, he was asked to play the Demble/Sandro role when they got injured which made him look far worse than he is imo.

For me he is far too good for the championship and would be a very good signing. It's a long season and we'll need strength in depth in midfield so the option of Parker, Faurlin, Henry, O'neil and Barton for central midfield seems pretty decent to me. I can't see Granero and Mbia being here come next month.

All depends on the fee though which will be undisclosed and some will claim it's loads and some will say it's cheap, same as with Austin. If we get him for 2million though thats pretty good.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024