Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A few thoughts from the game 22:39 - Aug 27 with 3255 viewsVish

Swindon were a pretty tidy team, especially in the first half. Had quite a bit of zip in their play.

Nile Ranger gave Onouha a real tough time today and often managed to out muscle him.

Diakate didn't do much. Didn't help he played on the right but either way was basically non-existent. Jenas for me went missing again. Faurlin didn't help himself either.

Austin really should have equalised with the header, could really have done for that to go in simply to build his confidence up. To me as the game went on he was becoming desperate to score. For a young lad he can head the ball ans is fairly tough. More to come from him I'm sure.

Zamora is simply past it. He may be injured or whatever, but it was like playing with 10 men.

SWP, works hard but offers nothing. The one on one chance summed him up for me.

I'm not too disheartened as we made a lot of changes and we are desperately short on players in the squad. Where was Traore today? Managed to get a small run out on Sat but not even on the bench today?

Our lack of creativity was highlighted today. No killer pass and no options available with movement so we played sideways far too much which invited pressure.

Let's just hope Hoilett will be back soon from injury.
A few thoughts from the game on 23:28 - Aug 27 with 3044 viewsJuzzie

Fair play to Swindon who were up for it but with Zamora, Diakite out wide and Faurlin a shadow, we were playing with less men on the field it felt. Things got better when Johnson came on and Zamora off but Austin should have buried his header. When he did score from the same place and also with his head, it was disallowed for offside. We should have scored when one-on-one with their goalie too, then Swindon did just that in injury time after we gifted them possession from an awful ball that was played under no pressure whatsoever.

Hey ho, it's the Cup, it's what we do. Or don't do.
A few thoughts from the game on 07:59 - Aug 28 with 2855 viewsNeil_SI

They were excellent and did a good job on us.

I was impressed with Yasir Kasim's performance for them at the base of the midfield. He pulled the strings and played a big part in their ball retention and shape, but he was also smart defensively and often placed himself in front of Charlie Austin, or whoever in that area of the pitch, effectively sandwiching them against the centre-back.

He was therefore also alive to any balls into those areas and able to pounce on second balls and loose balls, and eventually they always managed to crowd us out in those spaces. It got a little better when Andy Johnson came on, as he was able to turn in that pocket of space and drive forward, but their strength in numbers in those areas meant they got through it.

But cutting off the supply line to the strikers meant we played in a forced manner, often going from side to side and then direct when we ran out of patience. In contrast, despite a good performance by Nile Ranger, they played one up top and were a little bit lightweight in the final third, but they never shied away from their strategy. They were disciplined and kept playing the way they've been asked to and eventually they got their rewards.

Fair play to them indeed.
A few thoughts from the game on 09:21 - Aug 28 with 2735 viewstoboboly

Faurlin had a poor game which as a shame as he was great at the start of the season.

However Jenas and SWP in midfield leaves us far too light and doesn't even offer anything going forward. Jenas responsible for the second goal when he did everything in his power not to take the pass or even try and tackle the player.

Suk-Young is simply not good enough. Diakite had a mare. Zamora should be sent to the glue factory.

Thought Ned did well and Sharif when he came on. Thought Simpson tried hard down the right but no-one supported him. AJ and Austin look good together, Austin was basically playing on his own until AJ came on.

Terrible performance altogether really.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

A few thoughts from the game on 09:57 - Aug 28 with 2684 viewslave16

my night last... night stuck in traffic for a couple of hours, car broke down (another hour until I could get off the road with loads of people giving me the 1 fingered wave "hello cooee", (yes I meant to break down here)), got inspiration, get the phone out, check the QPR team mmm does'nt look a bad team decent odds, back qpr should beat Swindon, winnings might help with the mechanics bills ... backed QPR, waited on RAC till about 10.. by this stage qpr were beat I was knackered, hungry, cold, bored and getting texts from mates about how crap QPR are brilliant...

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024