Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Genuine question about tonights game 23:33 - Sep 18 with 6031 viewsQPR1882

If playing one up front failed so badly in the 1st half , why did Harry think playing one up front in the 2nd half was going to work ?
Genuine question about tonights game on 10:08 - Sep 19 with 1318 viewsnadera78

Any team that plays with Henry, O'Neil and Barton in the middle is going to struggle to create anything. Barton's the only one who tries to move the ball forward, and he's not that good at doing it. The other two run around a lot but couldn't pick out an attacking pass if their lives depended on it. When you add in SWP who works quite hard but can't control the ball never mind do something with it, and a clearly unfit Matt Phillips, then you can see why we've got no passing game whatsoever.

Makes it all the more ridiculous that Faurlin is sitting on the bench getting bored. The year we won the Championship, it was him dictating our play. The fact that he can't get a game ahead of the above mentioned players and Jermain "Mr Invisible" Jenas is dispiriting to say the least.

Krancjar (anyone know when he's back?) in for O'Neill and Faurlin for Henry and we'd be a much better team.
Genuine question about tonights game on 10:13 - Sep 19 with 1316 viewsA40Bosh

We seemed to be very cautious last night, especially in the final 20mins when a number of times when we were attacking down the left flank, I looked back and there was not a rush of players getting into the box - Jenas even appeared to be walking on a couple of occasions.

I also think there were aspects of players being targeted last night - Any time Left Phillips (playing on the right) got the ball he was quickly surrounded by at least 2 players if not three and he was allowed one quick touch before having to avert a tackle or take someone on. (W)Right Phillips (playing down the left) seems to be able to beat one or two tackles whilst cutting in but the minute he gets near the D, he slows up and a heft but fair tackle comes in and down he goes. I was seriously worried that Bad Joey would make a reappearance last night as he seemed to be on the end of some crunching tackles but then started making them himself, but he obviously calmed down enough at half time, but I was very concerned that he seemed in the last 15mins to want to try and prove that he was better than the Brighton players by taking them on in risky positions in our half rather than play the simple ball which time and again was available to him.

I think a couple of the points above regarding the flooding of the midfield by the opposition coming to LR is contributing to our blunted attacking threat. What worries me is that anytime we bring in a new player to the squad (Carrol, Nico K) people automatically think they are going to be an immediate answer to our prayers.

MH and his mob spent a great deal of time using the excuse that a new team needed 10 games to get to know each other and work effectively. I don't think Harry has been so vocal in that excuse and at the end of the day, as ineffective an attacking threat as we appear to be at the moment, we are top of the league on points.

We have not conceded a goal in 5 games in a row - that is very important, hopefully over the coming weeks we will start to find ways of unlocking opposition who arrive thinking a point and a clean sheet against the league leaders is a good result for them.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Genuine question about tonights game on 10:18 - Sep 19 with 1309 viewsAntti_Heinola

Genuine question about tonights game on 00:11 - Sep 19 by QPR1882

(1) In what way did it not fail ?

I can't recall one chance that fell to a forward that was in open play and not a dead ball in the 1st half.

(2) Hitchcock did not deserve 45 minutes in the 2nd half ?

Great chance when Benny crossed, SWP dummied and Austin hit wide.

Bare bones.

Genuine question about tonights game on 00:28 - Sep 20 with 1258 viewsNorthernr

Genuine question about tonights game on 00:11 - Sep 19 by QPR1882

(1) In what way did it not fail ?

I can't recall one chance that fell to a forward that was in open play and not a dead ball in the 1st half.

(2) Hitchcock did not deserve 45 minutes in the 2nd half ?

2 - SWP drags wide after referee waves advantage through foul on Barton
7 - Quick counter attack instigated by Phillips, SWP squares ball for goal ruled out for offside
10 - Hassled Brighton into error in own area, GON almost in for a simple opener
30 - Flowing move, Barton wins in own half, Henry shifts impressively to left, BAE low cross into area, SWP step over, all opens up for Austin who skews shot horribly wide.
32 - Phillips widens angle, shoots over 22 yards
42 - Austin played in on goal, hesitates believing he's offside, referee looks like he would have awarded the goal had it been scored.

And I'm a drunk making notes on the back of a betting slip.

And no, I wouldn't have put Hitchcock on. The players we have are not suited to a two man striking system.
Genuine question about tonights game on 00:39 - Sep 20 with 1245 viewsNW5Hoop

I've got some sympathy with Dave Mac's view on Faurlin, that one of the reasons he was so good in the promotion season was that Taarabt bought him so much space and time to pick out the killer pass, and without that he's much less effective.

You can't really blame Redknapp for not picking him, because he's had several complete shockers since Redknapp arrived.
Genuine question about tonights game on 01:07 - Sep 20 with 1239 viewsNorthernr

Genuine question about tonights game on 00:39 - Sep 20 by NW5Hoop

I've got some sympathy with Dave Mac's view on Faurlin, that one of the reasons he was so good in the promotion season was that Taarabt bought him so much space and time to pick out the killer pass, and without that he's much less effective.

You can't really blame Redknapp for not picking him, because he's had several complete shockers since Redknapp arrived.

You can blame him if he keeps putting Jenas the Friendly Ghost on instead.
Genuine question about tonights game on 12:00 - Sep 20 with 1195 viewsTHEBUSH

Who knows we may have nicked a goal in the 2nd half, probably should have done !!
Genuine question about tonights game on 15:19 - Sep 20 with 1179 viewsbaz_qpr

Genuine question about tonights game on 00:28 - Sep 20 by Northernr

2 - SWP drags wide after referee waves advantage through foul on Barton
7 - Quick counter attack instigated by Phillips, SWP squares ball for goal ruled out for offside
10 - Hassled Brighton into error in own area, GON almost in for a simple opener
30 - Flowing move, Barton wins in own half, Henry shifts impressively to left, BAE low cross into area, SWP step over, all opens up for Austin who skews shot horribly wide.
32 - Phillips widens angle, shoots over 22 yards
42 - Austin played in on goal, hesitates believing he's offside, referee looks like he would have awarded the goal had it been scored.

And I'm a drunk making notes on the back of a betting slip.

And no, I wouldn't have put Hitchcock on. The players we have are not suited to a two man striking system.

2 - Was at best a half chance
7 - SWP was at least 10ft offside one of the most offside offiseds I've seen given for some time
10 - But he wasn't in, so its not a chance
30 - Only real chance from open play
32 - speculative shot from pretty impossible angle
42 - I was in the bog so missed that one.

Agree with the rest i.e re 4-4-2, but we had one decent chance from open play and a few from set pieces.

What I find really frustrating is that if we were going to play 4-2-3-1 all along then why bomb out Faurlin and Diakete who could do a lot of damage in that formation.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024