Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Billy Sharp to Reading 16:44 - Sep 20 with 8280 viewsDieByYourSide

All but done on loan. Why can't we make a sensible Championship signing for once in our lives rather than chasing Adebayor/Defoe etc

He'll do well for them. Not sure how many more strikers of his quality will be available on loan.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Billy Sharp to Reading on 17:09 - Sep 20 with 5499 viewsdaveB

We're not chasing Defoe, Redknapp has said several times we have no chance of signing him
Billy Sharp to Reading on 17:09 - Sep 20 with 5495 viewsNorthernr

We're actually not doing too badly - top, unbeaten, conceded two goals.

Why the thirst to always add another player?
Billy Sharp to Reading on 17:13 - Sep 20 with 5479 viewsbosh67

Billy Sharp was the one to go for.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Billy Sharp to Reading on 17:14 - Sep 20 with 5470 viewsFredManRave

Billy Sharp to Reading on 17:09 - Sep 20 by Northernr

I can understand highlighting the need to get a new striker in though. Although there's obviously nothing wrong with our league position, form and especially our "Tight R's" defence.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Billy Sharp to Reading on 17:27 - Sep 20 with 5430 viewsQPR442

I cannot understand what all the fuss is about. Agree with you Nr. We are top and Reading are the team panicking and are not even in a play off position.
We do need another striker and CB and Harry will bring in quality.
How about Long at WBA he was on the move on transfer day?
Billy Sharp to Reading on 17:31 - Sep 20 with 5420 viewssimmo

To be fair we do actually need another, despite buying job lot over the last few years it has left us massively inflated in certain positions but ridiculously short in others. Especially up fron now Bobby has actually decided to go to the glue factory and Johnson is one on 4 off.

Billy Sharp would have been OK, but there are other options.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Billy Sharp to Reading on 17:46 - Sep 20 with 5377 views18StoneOfHoop

I think this is a somewhat faux naive/ disingenuous devil's advocate sort of stance from you this time,surely Clive?
Yes we know you prefer a one up top tactical system - I agree,4-4-2 is yesterday's formation - and Charlie Austin is doing OKish -working his boll ox off anyway - and has to be that lone striker. You also wrote in the match report that you wouldn't have brought on Tom Hitchcock v Brighton. Yet surely we are left light for two possibilities: (1) necessary tactical attacking adaptations during the match if say we're behind when we have to go with 2 strikers or (2) any injury to Charlie what with AJ and Zamora being out long-term.

A loan striker is imperative if we are to keep up our good start.
There's no chance of in-the-short-term coaching Hitchcock to get up to speed or a mid-fielder adequately filling in up top,is there? In the long-term a constant 'more blood' transfer policy may well not be the way to go, but in the short term HR has to act.
I confess to being no Billy Sharp expert but his name is the one I keep seeing mentioned by astute judges on QPR messageboards as to who to bring in.
It's surely a blow that The Biscuits got him.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2013 18:14]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Billy Sharp to Reading on 17:57 - Sep 20 with 5341 viewswombat

Billy Sharp to Reading on 17:46 - Sep 20 by 18StoneOfHoop

I think this is a somewhat faux naive/ disingenuous devil's advocate sort of stance from you this time,surely Clive?
Yes we know you prefer a one up top tactical system - I agree,4-4-2 is yesterday's formation - and Charlie Austin is doing OKish -working his boll ox off anyway - and has to be that lone striker. You also wrote in the match report that you wouldn't have brought on Tom Hitchcock v Brighton. Yet surely we are left light for two possibilities: (1) necessary tactical attacking adaptations during the match if say we're behind when we have to go with 2 strikers or (2) any injury to Charlie what with AJ and Zamora being out long-term.

A loan striker is imperative if we are to keep up our good start.
There's no chance of in-the-short-term coaching Hitchcock to get up to speed or a mid-fielder adequately filling in up top,is there? In the long-term a constant 'more blood' transfer policy may well not be the way to go, but in the short term HR has to act.
I confess to being no Billy Sharp expert but his name is the one I keep seeing mentioned by astute judges on QPR messageboards as to who to bring in.
It's surely a blow that The Biscuits got him.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2013 18:14]

Whoops that one could come back and bite us on the arse

I'd have thought he would be in the top 3 on Harry's list to come in
Let's hope we don't lose Austin for any period off time

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Login to get fewer ads

Billy Sharp to Reading on 18:04 - Sep 20 with 5324 viewsQPRDave

Not sure Billy Sharp is the messiah some think he could be. Harry'll get in better
Billy Sharp to Reading on 18:05 - Sep 20 with 5316 viewsNorthernr

Seriously I think it would be good for us to actually try and cope with a situation without immediately resorting to loans or transfer market. Charlie Austin was the best point man in the league last season. So we only have one fit senior striker, but it's a bloody good one. Build round him, we've got enough midfielders - decent ones.

Always with the transfers. If Austin gets injured then ok.
Billy Sharp to Reading on 18:09 - Sep 20 with 5300 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Billy Sharp to Reading on 18:05 - Sep 20 by Northernr

Seriously I think it would be good for us to actually try and cope with a situation without immediately resorting to loans or transfer market. Charlie Austin was the best point man in the league last season. So we only have one fit senior striker, but it's a bloody good one. Build round him, we've got enough midfielders - decent ones.

Agreed.

Tried coaching, lads?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Billy Sharp to Reading on 18:16 - Sep 20 with 5273 viewsJuzzie

We have one established striker, one.
Billy Sharp to Reading on 18:48 - Sep 20 with 5190 viewsolderR

Harry only shops from one catalogue in emergencies so Harry Kane's the boy.
Unless Ade wot's his name fancies slumming it till Jan.
Billy Sharp to Reading on 18:56 - Sep 20 with 5165 viewsQPRDave

Have to admit i'd love to see one of the young guns come in and score again Hitchcock, Shariff, or Skapetis
Billy Sharp to Reading on 20:05 - Sep 20 with 5038 viewsbosh67

Billy Sharp to Reading on 18:56 - Sep 20 by QPRDave

Have to admit i'd love to see one of the young guns come in and score again Hitchcock, Shariff, or Skapetis

Agree but HR brought on Jenas and Traore over Hitchcock in the last game.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Billy Sharp to Reading on 20:16 - Sep 20 with 5011 viewsHollowayRanger

so austin plays sat wed sat and so on up front on his own

when we are chasing a game and we will be chasing a game sooner or later we got next to no one to bring on

we gotta get two strikers in for me ,one a target man who can do the dirty work and one a sub striker maybe hitchcock IF given a go (something i dont understand with harry)

also need a centreback now as we aint got any spare simpson traore and the hairy man aint centreback matrial

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Billy Sharp to Reading on 20:30 - Sep 20 with 4985 viewsQPR1882

So we only have one fit senior striker.

And you don't see the need to get another striker in ?
Billy Sharp to Reading on 22:40 - Sep 20 with 4849 viewsNeil_SI

The key word is "cope" as Clive points out, that's what every other club has to do in the same situation, as they won't be able to simply go out and add to their squad like we can. There has to come a time where we show we have the skills to cope with scenarios like the one we're facing now with the recent number of injuries the squad has sustained.

These things are important, we need to prove we've got what it takes when it matters, that we can find that something in the locker rather than take the easy way out all of the time. That's how we're going to find some progression, and it doesn't mean we have to be extreme one way or the other, it's always about finding the right balance.

That to me would mark a true sign of progress. I don't believe that some of the youngsters we have are good enough for this level, but with the players around them that we have, you have to think that they've got a great chance of doing okay and developing their game, and that we ought to be good enough to provide them with the right support.
Billy Sharp to Reading on 23:03 - Sep 20 with 4804 viewsNorthernr

Billy Sharp to Reading on 20:30 - Sep 20 by QPR1882

So we only have one fit senior striker.

And you don't see the need to get another striker in ?

Most other clubs in this league wouldn't have a fcking choice mate. Most other clubs in this league could only dream of starting a season with Zamora, Johnson and Austin as their starting strike force. They'd have to bankrupt their club to get them and if they got injured they'd be absolutely fcking fcked for the next three years. QPR have them and say "we could do with some more" and then when they get injured immediately say "transfer, transfer, transfer". We're playing a club tomorrow who's strike force is one Irish lad they got from Carlisle for £50,000. He's injured as well as it turns out. What are they doing? Coping. No Billy Sharp for them.

Cope with it. Play Austin, rotate him with a youth teamer, use the 378 midfielders we're paying. It would do QPR good, medium and long term, to actually realise squads need to be cultivated over time so you've got options to cope with such mishaps. It's lazy, short termist and causing us problems that we always seek to cure every ill with another signing or loan.

Or more blood. Whatever. Fcking football club.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Billy Sharp to Reading on 23:08 - Sep 20 with 4790 viewsHollowayRanger

Billy Sharp to Reading on 22:40 - Sep 20 by Neil_SI

The key word is "cope" as Clive points out, that's what every other club has to do in the same situation, as they won't be able to simply go out and add to their squad like we can. There has to come a time where we show we have the skills to cope with scenarios like the one we're facing now with the recent number of injuries the squad has sustained.

These things are important, we need to prove we've got what it takes when it matters, that we can find that something in the locker rather than take the easy way out all of the time. That's how we're going to find some progression, and it doesn't mean we have to be extreme one way or the other, it's always about finding the right balance.

That to me would mark a true sign of progress. I don't believe that some of the youngsters we have are good enough for this level, but with the players around them that we have, you have to think that they've got a great chance of doing okay and developing their game, and that we ought to be good enough to provide them with the right support.

so did harry explain why hitchcock hasnt played since he scored the winner v ispwich?

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Billy Sharp to Reading on 23:11 - Sep 20 with 4787 viewsYorkRanger

Billy Sharp to Reading on 23:03 - Sep 20 by Northernr

Most other clubs in this league wouldn't have a fcking choice mate. Most other clubs in this league could only dream of starting a season with Zamora, Johnson and Austin as their starting strike force. They'd have to bankrupt their club to get them and if they got injured they'd be absolutely fcking fcked for the next three years. QPR have them and say "we could do with some more" and then when they get injured immediately say "transfer, transfer, transfer". We're playing a club tomorrow who's strike force is one Irish lad they got from Carlisle for £50,000. He's injured as well as it turns out. What are they doing? Coping. No Billy Sharp for them.

Cope with it. Play Austin, rotate him with a youth teamer, use the 378 midfielders we're paying. It would do QPR good, medium and long term, to actually realise squads need to be cultivated over time so you've got options to cope with such mishaps. It's lazy, short termist and causing us problems that we always seek to cure every ill with another signing or loan.

Most clubs facing this situation would blood someone from the reserves or the youth team. Given we haven't been scoring many goals anyway and given also the strength of the team as a whole that doesn't seem a high risk strategy.
Billy Sharp to Reading on 23:20 - Sep 20 with 4777 viewsNeil_SI

Billy Sharp to Reading on 23:08 - Sep 20 by HollowayRanger

so did harry explain why hitchcock hasnt played since he scored the winner v ispwich?

It's probably because he doesn't fancy him or feel he's good enough, the same reason why he didn't play any of the youngsters last season, even when we were relegated.

It's easy to get carried away when a kid comes on and scores like Tom Hitchcock did, because we never really learned that much about him in the short time he had on the pitch. In Redknapp's case, that probably even backfired on him as he was more than likely trying to make a point to the board that he didn't have enough firepower and didn't expect it to turn out like that.

I'm of the view that our kids aren't quite at the level they need to be, with most of them looking like they are potentially going to end up in the lower leagues at best, as in lower than the Championship...

But you have to start somewhere. Your philosophy has to show patience and trust, as well as opportunity, as that could in turn attract kids who do have the necessary potential, or, better still, maybe one or two of the existing ones can surprise you.

The point is, Mark Hughes and Harry Redknapp haven't really been that kind of manager, they're not particularly interested in that approach. They want players for the here and now, and we don't even want top class Championship players most of the time, we're talking about players like Emmanuel Adebayor, Scott Parker, and so on.

This is the Championship, you don't need to go *that* gung ho to succeed at this level, and if we did, then we're wasting an opportunity to develop as a club in terms of people showing what they can do, from coaches to players.

...and in this example, we're not talking about slinging two, three or four in at a time, we don't need to, we just need to use them when we're short, like now, when we have injuries, if needed. There's experience and quality in the squad to really help bring one or two on. Let's do it, because if it works, there's really nothing better than seeing a kid breaking through and growing as a player and a man.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2013 23:22]
Billy Sharp to Reading on 23:33 - Sep 20 with 4759 viewsjohnhoop

Nope, I simply don't buy any of this. Right now we're an injury to Charlie Austin away from seeing our season disappear down the toilet at a rate of knots. Billy Sharp certainly isn't the messiah but he's a proven championship striker who would have cost sod all in comparison to the millions we've p-ssed down the drain in the last few years. If anything happens to Austin I think we're going to regret this big time.
Billy Sharp to Reading on 23:54 - Sep 20 with 4729 viewsNorthernr

Billy Sharp to Reading on 23:33 - Sep 20 by johnhoop

Nope, I simply don't buy any of this. Right now we're an injury to Charlie Austin away from seeing our season disappear down the toilet at a rate of knots. Billy Sharp certainly isn't the messiah but he's a proven championship striker who would have cost sod all in comparison to the millions we've p-ssed down the drain in the last few years. If anything happens to Austin I think we're going to regret this big time.

Which will long term teach us the folly of signing injury prone, ageing players, often without a medical. It will do us some good.
Billy Sharp to Reading on 00:02 - Sep 21 with 4721 viewsQPR1882

Billy Sharp to Reading on 23:03 - Sep 20 by Northernr

Sometimes you have to look at situations and react accordenly.With our 1 fit striker we have scored less goals then any of the top 10 teams in the championship and its only our defence/keeper keeping clean sheets that is keeping us top of the pile.Now with injuries to said defence how long will this continue ?.

we have 3 centre backs and 1 of them is injured

we have 3 strikers and 2 of them are injured

the 2 most important positions ( imo ) on the field and we have a zero tolerance on injuries/ suspensions.

Loans/buys are not always the answer, but sometimes they are.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024