Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Save Warren Farm 13:46 - Nov 10 with 1892 viewsLblock

I've just had a leaflet shoved through my front door

You would swear blind from the photos they've used that this place is currently a quaint village green or lovely wildlife reserve. Kids playing cricket, a small child running gleefully through woods and some sort sunbathing on a lovely wide open space

What a load of shite!

I used to HATE playing there and I hung my boots up 11 years ago. The place has got far, far worse since then
They are again banging on about it being worth £66 million - just who to? Well a developer who'll want to concrete over the lot and introduce another 7000 households into the area and effectively add traffic and pollution, congestion, stress on local facilities etc, etc

Obviously being an Rs fan I'm biased but I can safely say as local I'd far rather the land was used by any local sports club. I'd be all for it even if it was Brentford
I would be dead against it if QPR or any other club were looking to build a stadium here

The planned used for WF is ideal and as a local I really hope the SWF people fail to raise anything near the £14k they need to force a judicial review

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Save Warren Farm on 14:08 - Nov 10 with 1825 viewsdaveB

it's worth 66million to a developer who will it all down and build houses or a supermarket therefore getting rid of all the green they are trying to protect
Save Warren Farm on 14:08 - Nov 10 with 1826 viewsBigears

Agreed mate, the thing is the land has been there under utilized, and under invested for 10 to 20 years and now is simply a dump. Where are the actual proposals and money from the so called goody goodies to redevelop it, there are none.

If e redevelop it, and put in place what there saying it will offer better jobs and money for the community, better sporting facilities and even raise house prices as it will improve the area.

If the goody goodies get there way, it will stay empty, under invested for year and become a drug baron for gangs to sell there crap, which will make it a living nightmare for the locals.

I recon the main people behind this is either lawyers or business men who want the land to buy it and make a fortune.

Thats IMO
Save Warren Farm on 15:18 - Nov 10 with 1697 viewsthemodfather

is there room for a frankie and bennys?
Save Warren Farm on 17:12 - Nov 10 with 1551 viewsQPRDave

Good post LBlock ....as you say it's worth that money if its built on, which is exactly what these t**ts don't want
[Post edited 10 Nov 2013 17:13]
Save Warren Farm on 18:26 - Nov 10 with 1359 viewsBushman

The place is an absolute disgrace & the local council should hang their heads In shame,my son played there recently and it is a proper shambles,makes west London Stadium ( lynford christie) look like the scum's training ground .
[Post edited 10 Nov 2013 18:27]

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Save Warren Farm on 00:06 - Nov 11 with 1121 viewsCanadaRanger

Save Warren Farm on 18:26 - Nov 10 by Bushman

The place is an absolute disgrace & the local council should hang their heads In shame,my son played there recently and it is a proper shambles,makes west London Stadium ( lynford christie) look like the scum's training ground .
[Post edited 10 Nov 2013 18:27]

<rant> See what pet projects would-be developers are offering Council members. Does one member of Council want a new Library building or swimming pool? Over here a major piece of land got redeveloped after a local Councillor was promised that an existing building would become a Library extension to get her vote. It's now a car park. The building was torn down. After the initial developments were built there have been attempts to get the parts that were designated industry or commercial converted to housing. If a developer gets their hands on Warren Farm, watch for them promising to keep lots of green space if they get the right to build on part of it, and then watch for further nibbling away at the green space once the first development is up. That's what has happened here. And watch for the local environmental "useless idiots" (Stalin) who line up to help the developer "protect green space"... </rant>
Save Warren Farm on 14:11 - Nov 11 with 915 viewsRangersAreBack

Played sport there during my school days and it was the pits then. Returned for a one off match as an adult and couldn't believe it had actually got worse. Quite what this group are trying to save is beyond me.
Save Warren Farm on 14:19 - Nov 11 with 897 viewstooting_hoop

Would be interested in seeing the leaflet - any chance of scanning and posting?

Follow me on Twitter @tootinghoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024