Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warnock's Book 15:22 - Nov 10 with 2438 viewsTacticalR

I won't say too much about it except that it's a good read and QPR feature centrally in the book.

Warnock comes across as your practical Englishman who doesn't spend too much time theorising about football, but learns everything from experience.

One thing I didn't know is that Joorabchian was involved with the club way before the arrival of Fernandes:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Despite getting the points at Oakwell things were still a bit tense as QPR closed in on promotion; Flavio had been interfering again. Before we went to Scunthorpe, on the Friday morning, Gianni came into training as white as a sheet.

I said to him: ‘What’s up? What’s happened?’

‘I was summoned to see Flavio last night at half-seven. I turn up at the restaurant and Pini Zahavi is sat with him on one side, Kia Joorabchian, Tevez’s agent, on the other, Avram Grant’s there as well. They are all talking about players, some that might cost him £20m.’

I was dumbfounded. I didn’t know then that Kia would become a large player at QPR when I left.

‘I’ve told them all I don’t want to go foreign until Christmas,’ I said. ‘I want us to give the players time to establish themselves, to settle the team in. You’ve been fantastic to me but we both know Flavio is going to be difficult to control with all these agents talking telephone numbers from abroad. Stall him as long as you can because I’ll do only this as long as there’s no interference.’

It’s not what I had been promised. Amit had assured me he would have the majority shareholding in a couple of weeks, but that didn’t happen.

After the Scunthorpe game I didn’t get any calls until Monday, then Flavio came on. He’d heard the result and he was obviously panicking, he always did after we lost a game. Bernie Ecclestone also called. ‘We can’t afford another result like that, Neil, blah, blah. Flavio is not happy either. It cannot happen.’

I’m thinking, I know they don’t understand football, but does anybody want a result like that?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joorabchian, Zahavi and Grant - talk about your axis of evil!
[Post edited 10 Nov 2013 15:22]

Air hostess clique

Warnock's Book on 16:28 - Nov 10 with 2357 viewsFredManRave

Does he mention anything about the delay in sending out the "Thank You" emails to the 8.000 fans that wished him well after he was dumped by the club?

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Warnock's Book on 16:33 - Nov 10 with 2337 viewsTacticalR

'Meanwhile the messages kept coming in and they kept me going. I had 4,000 emails in a week and 6,000 in all. Sharon was in tears reading them. Of the thousands there were only a handful of negative ones. People told me stories of going back generations and decades. I promised to reply to everyone, and I still intend to, but what with having taken a job at Leeds soon after I simply have not had the time to do so properly. I didn’t just want to send everyone a standard reply.'

Air hostess clique

Warnock's Book on 16:37 - Nov 10 with 2326 viewsWestbourneR

A good read? We must have different books. It's abysmally written and painfully boring for large parts 'a Notts County the coach driver was late and bla bla'

He frankly hasn't had enough a career to adequately fill a book.

Nor has Holloway but his was far far better.

Nothing wrong with Neil Warnock he did very well for us but the book is dire.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Warnock's Book on 20:18 - Nov 10 with 2131 viewsWestonsuperR

Warnock's Book on 16:28 - Nov 10 by FredManRave

Does he mention anything about the delay in sending out the "Thank You" emails to the 8.000 fans that wished him well after he was dumped by the club?

Yes he says that he may now have time to reply. Top man is our Neil, the most successful QPR Manager of last couple of decades.
Warnock's Book on 21:36 - Nov 10 with 2065 viewsAntti_Heinola

Warnock's Book on 16:37 - Nov 10 by WestbourneR

A good read? We must have different books. It's abysmally written and painfully boring for large parts 'a Notts County the coach driver was late and bla bla'

Found it a very fun read, but as you say, was let down heavily by the writing. Poorly fact-checked and barely proofed, sadly. Anecdotes that go nowhere, Heidar's name spelt wrong for the entire book apart from one instance on one page etc etc. Pretty poor from the publishers - not really NW's fault IMO.

Bare bones.

Warnock's Book on 23:47 - Nov 10 with 1979 viewsJigsore

Warnock's Book on 16:37 - Nov 10 by WestbourneR

I'm not sure what you expected. The QPR anecdotes alone made it worthwhile for me (he really did the impossible getting us promoted) but we all knew Warnock isn't bloody Hemmingway, especially if you've read his columns.

I was slightly disappointed by his reluctancy to swear in print but you know where he would. He tried to come across jovial and like things were all in the past but there are a number of things he's incredibley bitter about, esp. at Sheff Utd. Not SAF levels of bitter and arrogance mind you.

It was interesting enough, worth the read if you see it in the British Heart Foundation you know. Just don't expect it to be ghost-written by Neil Gaiman

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Warnock's Book on 08:46 - Nov 11 with 1892 viewsJonDoeman

It's a must read for all QPR fans IMO..

It Is What It Is !!

Warnock's Book on 10:00 - Nov 11 with 1857 viewsdaveB

It's a decent book but obviously very one sided in giving himself all the credit and none of the blame which you'd expect from someones autobiography really. Worth a read, I preferred Holloways book personally.

I found some of the factual inaccuracies annoying to be honest, especially how he planned to make Tarrabt captain all along whilst in Italy which was several weeks before we signed him and days before he made Fitz Hall club captain. Tarrabt only became captain because Hall was injured which is left out to make Warnock look like a genius. The real story about him calling Derry and Hill in before the Scunthorpe game and deciding on Adel as captain was a better and more honest story imo and made me wonder about how true some of the other tales in it were as well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024