Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal 10:41 - Nov 29 with 3949 viewssimmo

http://www.egi.co.uk/news/article.aspx?id=776057

Friend of mine works for this publication and forwarded it to me. nothing definitive yet though and all parties declined to comment.

[Post edited 29 Nov 2013 12:39]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 16:07 - Nov 29 with 1072 viewstoboboly

£21m for the site. Same to build a stadium? Enjoy the huge ticket price hikes and if anyone thinks they will go down due to PL money or 40,000 fans coming from god knows where then they should stop drinking so much.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 16:13 - Nov 29 with 1053 viewsgobbles

We can all go to the Bridge Cafe with the Apprentice Losers after games.
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=%22Bridge+Cafe%22&client=safari&sa=X&rls=en&biw http://fryupsgoodornot.blogspot.com/2011/05/bridge-cafe-west-acton.html&docid=vt http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-7RQTQ0q6XCE/Tdkqi4S6PQI/AAAAAAAAAtk/N37OMrEpydo/s1600/
Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 16:18 - Nov 29 with 1041 viewsMrSheen

Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 14:16 - Nov 29 by Gloucs_R

We have history there
Its a West London postcode
Lots of transport links
2.5 miles to LR
3 miles to the M4
2 mins from a Nandos :-)

For me its a ball ache with regards to having to change tube twice from Paddington but I can live with that!

Acton Main Line or even Ealing Broadway 10-20 mins walk.
Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 16:24 - Nov 29 with 1030 viewsMrSheen

Does anyone know how many acres there are in a football ground?
Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 16:27 - Nov 29 with 1020 viewsJuzzie

Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 16:24 - Nov 29 by MrSheen

I think a football ground (i.e. pitch and stands) needs about 4 acres. Then you have all the access roads, parking etc which probably take up more room than the ground itself so 12 acres I think will be plentiful. Lots of room for multiple Nando's!

[Post edited 29 Nov 2013 16:28]
Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 16:28 - Nov 29 with 1017 viewsJamie

Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 16:07 - Nov 29 by toboboly

£21m for the site. Same to build a stadium? Enjoy the huge ticket price hikes and if anyone thinks they will go down due to PL money or 40,000 fans coming from god knows where then they should stop drinking so much.

21m to build the stadium? You can add a 0 on the end..
Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 16:31 - Nov 29 with 1003 viewsizlingtonhoop

Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 16:24 - Nov 29 by MrSheen

I think our geography teacher always said it is about the same as a football pitch, and then I found this:

http://www.worldlandtrust.org/education/area-converter

So yeah..
[Post edited 29 Nov 2013 16:32]
Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 17:25 - Nov 29 with 921 views100percent

Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 14:16 - Nov 29 by Gloucs_R

We have history there
Its a West London postcode
Lots of transport links
2.5 miles to LR
3 miles to the M4
2 mins from a Nandos :-)

For me its a ball ache with regards to having to change tube twice from Paddington but I can live with that!

Leg room???!!
Login to get fewer ads

Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 10:11 - Nov 30 with 689 viewsizlingtonhoop

Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 12:31 - Nov 29 by MrSheen

My wife's from the Tudor Estate in West Acton, the residents will go mental. Shame!

I lived in Highbury Hill at the time of the planning application and enquiries over the building of the Emirates. And sure enough a few residents of the streets around Ashburton Grove and beyond went mental.
Then those who didn't want to stay sold up and gleefully back-binned the soaring profit on the back of the development.
Although I wouldn't be sure that us moving in would have the same influence on property values
Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 11:36 - Nov 30 with 643 viewsGetMeRangers

Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 10:11 - Nov 30 by izlingtonhoop

I lived in Highbury Hill at the time of the planning application and enquiries over the building of the Emirates. And sure enough a few residents of the streets around Ashburton Grove and beyond went mental.
Then those who didn't want to stay sold up and gleefully back-binned the soaring profit on the back of the development.
Although I wouldn't be sure that us moving in would have the same influence on property values

Why would the residents go mental.... Highbury and the Emirates are practically next door to each other.
Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 11:49 - Nov 30 with 626 viewsizlingtonhoop

Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 11:36 - Nov 30 by GetMeRangers

Why would the residents go mental.... Highbury and the Emirates are practically next door to each other.

Believe me they did.

From Wiki:
The move to Ashburton Grove was at first met with opposition by members of the Arsenal Independent Supporters' Association, who were concerned about environmental issues.[18] The Islington Stadium Communities Alliance — an alliance of 16 groups representing local residents and businesses was set up in January 2000 to promote awareness against the redevelopment.[21] Alison Carmichael, a spokeswoman for the group said of the move: "It may look like Arsenal are doing great things for the area, but in its detail the plan is awful. We blame the council; the football club just wants to expand to make more money."[22] Seven months after the planning application was submitted in June 2001, a poll showed that 75% of respondents were against the scheme, with 2,133 residents objecting and 712 in support.[22] By October 2001, the club asserted that a poll of Islington residents found that 70% were in favour.[23]

Nick Robinson was initially one of the most vocal local well-known antis. I once heard from a friend of his that he allegedly told her that he felt 'a bit guilty' at the profit he made when he sold up after the fuss he had made.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2013 15:55]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024