Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Random and nothing to do with football, but ..... 13:11 - Dec 29 with 5926 viewsOnlyHereForTheNiko

.... after you've eaten all your favourites out of the box of Quality Street/Roses, which are the ones that are left?

Have just had a discussion with someone, who hates all the ones that I love!
Random and nothing to do with football, but ..... on 13:17 - Dec 29 with 4331 viewsscot1963

I eat all the orange ones, don't mind coconut and fudge, the kids like the strawberry ones and my eldest will eat the toffees. Always left are those tough ones in the brown wrapper that break your teeth - nougat? Don't like any of the coffee ones or the runny caramel types either. Miss those red cracknel ones that Quality Street used to do
Random and nothing to do with football, but ..... on 13:24 - Dec 29 with 4309 viewsTheBlob

Have you noticed how much smaller the tin is and the contents downsized?
When I was allowed Quality Street choccies the last ones to go were the green almond thingy triangles.My slag elder brother Phil used to nick all the caramels and coconut ones.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Random and nothing to do with football, but ..... on 13:25 - Dec 29 with 4305 viewsFredManRave

Just out of interest, how old are you OHFTN?

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Random and nothing to do with football, but ..... on 13:27 - Dec 29 with 4300 viewsOnlyHereForTheNiko

Random and nothing to do with football, but ..... on 13:25 - Dec 29 by FredManRave

Just out of interest, how old are you OHFTN?

A lady never reveals her age, but I'm old enough to know better!
Random and nothing to do with football, but ..... on 13:31 - Dec 29 with 4273 viewsFredManRave

Random and nothing to do with football, but ..... on 13:27 - Dec 29 by OnlyHereForTheNiko

A lady never reveals her age, but I'm old enough to know better!

So I'm assuming you're not younger than 13 but are older than 19, thus ruining my OnlyHereForTheNikoTeen joke.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Random and nothing to do with football, but ..... on 13:31 - Dec 29 with 4272 viewsscot1963

the green triangles are nice - they did sell outsize ones on their own for a while, don't know if they still do, those and the purple ones so they must have been the most popular, don't like the purple ones myself
Random and nothing to do with football, but ..... on 13:33 - Dec 29 with 4263 viewsTheBlob

Random and nothing to do with football, but ..... on 13:31 - Dec 29 by scot1963

the green triangles are nice - they did sell outsize ones on their own for a while, don't know if they still do, those and the purple ones so they must have been the most popular, don't like the purple ones myself

Were they Toblerone in disguise?Them flat gold coloured caramels used to pull all the fillings out of your head

Random and nothing to do with football, but ..... on 13:33 - Dec 29 with 4263 viewsOnlyHereForTheNiko

Random and nothing to do with football, but ..... on 13:31 - Dec 29 by FredManRave

So I'm assuming you're not younger than 13 but are older than 19, thus ruining my OnlyHereForTheNikoTeen joke.

Well, my mental age is about 15, so maybe your comment isn't too far off track!
Login to get fewer ads

Random and nothing to do with football, but ..... on 13:36 - Dec 29 with 4235 viewsscot1963

those flat gold ones are the toffees I meant - don't like them either, those and the nougat ones are the ones that take out fillings
Random and nothing to do with football, but ..... on 13:36 - Dec 29 with 4234 viewsOnlyHereForTheNiko

Random and nothing to do with football, but ..... on 13:33 - Dec 29 by TheBlob

Were they Toblerone in disguise?Them flat gold coloured caramels used to pull all the fillings out of your head

Hence my hatred of the toffees - they usually get taken in to work for the gannets, who'll eat anything!

My favourites are the strawberry & orange cremes and the green triangles!

And yes, scot1963, you can still get giant versions of green triangles & the purple ones!
Random and nothing to do with football, but ..... on 13:45 - Dec 29 with 4189 viewsscot1963

Random and nothing to do with football, but ..... on 13:36 - Dec 29 by OnlyHereForTheNiko

Hence my hatred of the toffees - they usually get taken in to work for the gannets, who'll eat anything!

My favourites are the strawberry & orange cremes and the green triangles!

And yes, scot1963, you can still get giant versions of green triangles & the purple ones!

there'd be a hell of a scrum for the orange ones if we were in the same room
Random and nothing to do with football, but ..... on 13:48 - Dec 29 with 4174 viewsade_qpr

Random and nothing to do with football, but ..... on 13:33 - Dec 29 by OnlyHereForTheNiko

Well, my mental age is about 15, so maybe your comment isn't too far off track!

You Anne Nicole Smith, 15 and your chasing around a bloke how old

yes I'm stirring

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Random and nothing to do with football, but ..... on 13:51 - Dec 29 with 4157 viewsade_qpr

Random and nothing to do with football, but ..... on 13:36 - Dec 29 by scot1963

those flat gold ones are the toffees I meant - don't like them either, those and the nougat ones are the ones that take out fillings

Common young lady "fillings" and your still eating choccie

As I knock off a whole dish of home made rocky road

Random and nothing to do with football, but ..... on 13:58 - Dec 29 with 4137 viewsisawqpratwcity

Was it Quality Street or Milk Tray that had the green foil wrapped lime barrels? They were my favourite. (Why were they barrel-shaped, was that a Navy scurvy thing?)

As for pulling fillings out, Blob, there was nothing more efficient than a bar of Palm Toffee.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Random and nothing to do with football, but ..... on 13:58 - Dec 29 with 4137 viewsscot1963

Random and nothing to do with football, but ..... on 13:51 - Dec 29 by ade_qpr

Common young lady "fillings" and your still eating choccie

As I knock off a whole dish of home made rocky road

I thought I was an aficionado of confectionery but what's rocky road?
Random and nothing to do with football, but ..... on 14:05 - Dec 29 with 4108 viewsade_qpr

Random and nothing to do with football, but ..... on 13:58 - Dec 29 by scot1963

Choccie with nuts and solid jellies and marsh mellows in it.

A lady I know makes home made stuff its brilliant even D can't stop

Can't forget the mellows
[Post edited 29 Dec 2013 14:07]

Random and nothing to do with football, but ..... on 14:05 - Dec 29 with 4108 viewsOnlyHereForTheNiko

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/rockyroadcrunchbars_87104

But .... what's "palm toffee"??

EDIT: Should the QPR version of that recipe be 'RockyRoadKranjčars'?

I'll get my coat, shall I?
Random and nothing to do with football, but ..... on 14:08 - Dec 29 with 4093 viewsisawqpratwcity

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocky_road_%28dessert%29

Each to his own, Ade, but I never cared for it. It was like they just lumped together all the leftovers and covered it with chocolate. The Darrell Lea version was particularly awful.

Random and nothing to do with football, but ..... on 14:13 - Dec 29 with 4070 viewsade_qpr

Random and nothing to do with football, but ..... on 14:05 - Dec 29 by OnlyHereForTheNiko

Thats ( recipe ) is close to the mark

QPR rocky road would be more like RR Notts Trees away

Random and nothing to do with football, but ..... on 14:16 - Dec 29 with 4060 viewsade_qpr

Random and nothing to do with football, but ..... on 14:08 - Dec 29 by isawqpratwcity

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocky_road_%28dessert%29

Each to his own, Ade, but I never cared for it. It was like they just lumped together all the leftovers and covered it with chocolate. The Darrell Lea version was particularly awful.

Never tried the Darrell Lea stuff, but commercial stuff is never as good as home made. This stuff kills scales

Random and nothing to do with football, but ..... on 14:20 - Dec 29 with 4050 viewsTheBlob

Random and nothing to do with football, but ..... on 14:13 - Dec 29 by ade_qpr

Thats ( recipe ) is close to the mark

QPR rocky road would be more like RR Notts Trees away

Oh man,that palm toffee.
You could get a big tray of toffee and there was a little ally toffee hammer that came with it.
Look,if Scotty and Only Here don't want your caramels I'll swap you for the orange ones and whatever.....and I'll have them blue coconut ones an' all.Sod the diabetes.

Random and nothing to do with football, but ..... on 14:22 - Dec 29 with 4049 viewsscot1963

Random and nothing to do with football, but ..... on 13:58 - Dec 29 by isawqpratwcity

Was it Quality Street or Milk Tray that had the green foil wrapped lime barrels? They were my favourite. (Why were they barrel-shaped, was that a Navy scurvy thing?)

As for pulling fillings out, Blob, there was nothing more efficient than a bar of Palm Toffee.

I've just looked up lime barrels as I didn't think they'd ever been in a chocolate selection and apparently they were in milk tray - had forgotten about them totally, used to like those as well
Random and nothing to do with football, but ..... on 14:23 - Dec 29 with 4041 viewsthame_hoops

In niko krancjaers house no chocolates get left ....
Random and nothing to do with football, but ..... on 14:24 - Dec 29 with 4038 viewsisawqpratwcity

Random and nothing to do with football, but ..... on 14:05 - Dec 29 by OnlyHereForTheNiko

Bars of Palm Toffee were 3d when I was very young and it was money well spent. My favourite was the Banana Split, banana flavoured toffee between two layers of ordinary toffee.

It's consistency was highly temperature dependent. Quite warm and it was delightfully chewable, cold and it would break into sharp lumps upon biting. Worst was in between when your teeth would indent (no pun intended!) into the toffee, but then attempting to unclench your jaws would risk leaving behind tooth fillings still gripped within the jaw impressions.

Random and nothing to do with football, but ..... on 14:26 - Dec 29 with 4022 viewsisawqpratwcity

Random and nothing to do with football, but ..... on 14:20 - Dec 29 by TheBlob

Oh man,that palm toffee.
You could get a big tray of toffee and there was a little ally toffee hammer that came with it.
Look,if Scotty and Only Here don't want your caramels I'll swap you for the orange ones and whatever.....and I'll have them blue coconut ones an' all.Sod the diabetes.

Lol, I'd forgotten about that toffee hammer!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024