Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We lack "Football IQ" 09:57 - Dec 30 with 1609 viewsrbsranger

Not withstanding all of the other justified rants from the games over the Xmas period, one thing that really bothered me yesterday is that we consistently lack what could be termed as "football intelligence".
5 minutes before half time, Hoillet got tangled with their keeper and although he carried on playing, it was clear that the Keeper was feeling groggy for those few minutes before half time - yet not one of our overpaid prima donnas thought that it might be a good idea to test him with a couple of high balls into the box, or long range shots - surely that would have been something that the keeper would fear after taking a blow to the head minutes earlier?
Another example was during injury time at the end of the game - it was clear the ref was readying to blow up but instead of pumping one last ball into their box before the final whistle we played 18 passes along the halfway line until the ref gave up and blew for full time.
Of course we also have a player that seems to specialize in low football IQ - Is it just me or does Junior Hoillet make the wrong choice every single time he touches the ball. He passes when he should run, cuts inside when he should go outside. There are times when I think that SWP's running up dark alleys would be more productive.....
We lack "Football IQ" on 10:07 - Dec 30 with 1587 viewsQPunkR

I agree with everything you've put there, apart from the last sentence. We're all a bit testy after that shambles yesterday, so I'll put that down to stress
Also, in the first half we saw so much of the ball down the left hand side, and yet every time BAE got the ball, Toillet was nowhere near the touchline, always having wandered infield and behind a Watford player where he was unavailable to pass to.
If the idiot had any sense he'd have stayed wide to provide an option, and if we had a manager with sense he'd have swapped Toillet and Phillips.

The biggest WTF moment yesterday, apart from playing a revolutionary 0 up front, was that retarded corner routine where we went short and immediately lost the ball, having to chase back and hack down their player to stop a breakaway

QPR - "shit but local"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024