Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
brentford,fulham and us... 22:59 - Feb 4 with 3541 viewsconnell10

...could all be playing in the same league next season! mmmm that could be very interesting and a bit of a bonus if we dont go up!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

brentford,fulham and us... on 00:45 - Feb 5 with 3490 viewsRangersAreBack

Let's leave the other 2 to it.
brentford,fulham and us... on 08:27 - Feb 5 with 3414 viewssmegma

"and a bit of a bonus if we dont go up! "

Really ? As posted above, leave them to it. They can resume hostilities seeing as they were rivals for so long. They will also create a rivalry with us in their heads when we really don't care much for either in particular the Bees who we've only played 4 times in my lifetime.
brentford,fulham and us... on 08:38 - Feb 5 with 3403 viewsMaggsinho

Could be a very London centric Championship next year; West Ham, Fulham, Palace, Charlton, Millwall, us, Orient and Brentford.
brentford,fulham and us... on 08:52 - Feb 5 with 3388 viewsJonDoeman

brentford,fulham and us... on 00:45 - Feb 5 by RangersAreBack

Let's leave the other 2 to it.

A proper little rivalry they used to have going, about time they resumed it

It Is What It Is !!

brentford,fulham and us... on 08:55 - Feb 5 with 3376 viewsRangersw12

brentford,fulham and us... on 08:38 - Feb 5 by Maggsinho

Could be a very London centric Championship next year; West Ham, Fulham, Palace, Charlton, Millwall, us, Orient and Brentford.

Would rather do those games than bore fests like Everton , Sunderland , Swansea , Villa , Liverpool , United etc
brentford,fulham and us... on 09:41 - Feb 5 with 3316 viewsTheChef

brentford,fulham and us... on 08:55 - Feb 5 by Rangersw12

Would rather do those games than bore fests like Everton , Sunderland , Swansea , Villa , Liverpool , United etc

Yep, bring it on!

You can stuff your Premier League up your ar$e.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

brentford,fulham and us... on 09:54 - Feb 5 with 3281 viewsmorgantwin

brentford,fulham and us... on 09:41 - Feb 5 by TheChef

Yep, bring it on!

You can stuff your Premier League up your ar$e.

brentford will always mean a lot to us older qpr fans back in the early sixties they seemed to be the glamour club with there 40 thousand capacity griffin park and qpr only having 25 000,they had some good players and they looked always most likely to get promoted
but of course a man that cojuldnt read or write was to change all that
yes one jim gregory sold two post office vans every monday from his second hand car buisness
and the rest is history everything that gregory touched he seemed to make a fortune on
i actually met someone who found some land in oxfordshire for gregory
it was ex miltary of defence land and at that time there were no building or development allowed of that site
so gregory bought the land for one million,two years later it was decided that the land could be developed
so gregory sold that land for 11 million theres just one true storey of how everything that he touched turned to gold
but comming back to the origional topic,if we dont go up this year i would love a trip to griffing park especially if they have there new lionel road stadium

Poll: in last fifty years what was greatest ever atmosphere

brentford,fulham and us... on 10:14 - Feb 5 with 3257 viewsKonk

brentford,fulham and us... on 08:52 - Feb 5 by JonDoeman

A proper little rivalry they used to have going, about time they resumed it

According to Wikipedia* Fulham have played Brentford 40 times in the league — almost half of those during the 80’s and early 90’s? We’ve played Chelsea 67 times.

QPR have played Brentford 62 times in the league, and Chelsea 42 times.

From this we can conclude that Brentford’s true West London rivals are QPR — especially as you lot share Ealing as a catchment area.

If we do go down, then I’m happy about potential southern days out at Brentford, Orient, Millwall, Charlton, QPR, Watford, Brighton, Bournemouth and Ipswich, with some great midland and northern aways too.

*i.e. these figures might not be strictly accurate.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Login to get fewer ads

brentford,fulham and us... on 10:22 - Feb 5 with 3243 viewsRangersw12

brentford,fulham and us... on 10:14 - Feb 5 by Konk

According to Wikipedia* Fulham have played Brentford 40 times in the league — almost half of those during the 80’s and early 90’s? We’ve played Chelsea 67 times.

From this we can conclude that Brentford’s true West London rivals are QPR — especially as you lot share Ealing as a catchment area.

If we do go down, then I’m happy about potential southern days out at Brentford, Orient, Millwall, Charlton, QPR, Watford, Brighton, Bournemouth and Ipswich, with some great midland and northern aways too.

Out of interest who do Fulham fans dislike more Brentford or us ?

Went to a couple of those games in the 90's and you both seemed to hate each other and not a anti QPR song in site

A certain age of Rangers will hate Luton whereas younger fans wouldn't even bat an eye lid to them
[Post edited 5 Feb 2014 10:22]
brentford,fulham and us... on 10:37 - Feb 5 with 3221 viewsKonk

brentford,fulham and us... on 10:22 - Feb 5 by Rangersw12

Out of interest who do Fulham fans dislike more Brentford or us ?

Went to a couple of those games in the 90's and you both seemed to hate each other and not a anti QPR song in site

A certain age of Rangers will hate Luton whereas younger fans wouldn't even bat an eye lid to them
[Post edited 5 Feb 2014 10:22]

Late 20’s - 40-odd, probably Brentford more than QPR due to playing them a lot during 80’s and early 90’s. Flats on the Cottage and songs about Matthew Fox not especially appreciated as well as the fact that their sides were usually packed full of twa ts. With you, no-one gave you a second thought really until ’99 when your lot started at our place - we rarely play each other, our support generally live in different areas. We haven’t played Brentford since 98, other than in a pre-season friendly, so a whole generation can’t really remember us being in the same division. We always sang songs about Chelsea, however sh it we were (not that they care). But Gillingham are up there or worse than Chelsea for a lot of us — I really can’t stand those fu cking idiots or their khazi of a town.

brentford,fulham and us... on 11:06 - Feb 5 with 3186 viewsMrSheen

brentford,fulham and us... on 09:54 - Feb 5 by morgantwin

brentford will always mean a lot to us older qpr fans back in the early sixties they seemed to be the glamour club with there 40 thousand capacity griffin park and qpr only having 25 000,they had some good players and they looked always most likely to get promoted
but of course a man that cojuldnt read or write was to change all that
yes one jim gregory sold two post office vans every monday from his second hand car buisness
and the rest is history everything that gregory touched he seemed to make a fortune on
i actually met someone who found some land in oxfordshire for gregory
it was ex miltary of defence land and at that time there were no building or development allowed of that site
so gregory bought the land for one million,two years later it was decided that the land could be developed
so gregory sold that land for 11 million theres just one true storey of how everything that he touched turned to gold
but comming back to the origional topic,if we dont go up this year i would love a trip to griffing park especially if they have there new lionel road stadium

I doubt he made money owning Pompey.
brentford,fulham and us... on 12:33 - Feb 5 with 3094 viewssmegma

brentford,fulham and us... on 10:14 - Feb 5 by Konk

In my lifetime (been going since 73) we've played Brentford 4 times, Chelsea about 50 times and Fulham 18 times.
The last time you played at Griffin Pk I went, a workmate couldn't go so he gave me his season ticket. So I was sat in the side bit opposite the main stand and saw some really bitter and twisted 'fans' ......you won 1-0 or 2-0, I know Beardsley scored. Then when we played over there I went in the players bar after and met some Bees I know from England away trips. To say they were bitter and twisted would be putting it mildly. Unhinged more like. When our players came out of the changing rooms they left the bar to abuse them. Then came back in the bar and said 'that was great, we just gave Marc Bircham loads of abuse'........ I pointed out that "its not going to change anything, we won the game". Bircham had scored the winner in the dying seconds.It confused them a bit for a while the poor lambs, thick as $h1t each and everyone of them.
brentford,fulham and us... on 12:44 - Feb 5 with 3063 viewsSpiritofGregory

QPR v Chelsea.
Fulham v Brentford.

Just like the good old days.
brentford,fulham and us... on 12:45 - Feb 5 with 3066 viewsW7Ranger

brentford,fulham and us... on 12:33 - Feb 5 by smegma

In my lifetime (been going since 73) we've played Brentford 4 times, Chelsea about 50 times and Fulham 18 times.
The last time you played at Griffin Pk I went, a workmate couldn't go so he gave me his season ticket. So I was sat in the side bit opposite the main stand and saw some really bitter and twisted 'fans' ......you won 1-0 or 2-0, I know Beardsley scored. Then when we played over there I went in the players bar after and met some Bees I know from England away trips. To say they were bitter and twisted would be putting it mildly. Unhinged more like. When our players came out of the changing rooms they left the bar to abuse them. Then came back in the bar and said 'that was great, we just gave Marc Bircham loads of abuse'........ I pointed out that "its not going to change anything, we won the game". Bircham had scored the winner in the dying seconds.It confused them a bit for a while the poor lambs, thick as $h1t each and everyone of them.

Are you sure we've only played them 4 times in your lifetime?

We were in the same division for 3 seasons in the early '00's. I make that 6 fixtures.

brentford,fulham and us... on 13:43 - Feb 5 with 2997 viewsKonk

brentford,fulham and us... on 12:33 - Feb 5 by smegma

2-0 — Beardsley, and I want to say Moody. I was in the Braemar Road stand that day — they gave us an overspill area in there — loads of stick flying backwards and forwards during the game, popped down to the loo at half-time and the very same people were all mixed in together, no-one said a word, back upstairs for the second half and all the abuse started up again. Football fans are brilliant/tragic.

brentford,fulham and us... on 13:48 - Feb 5 with 2973 viewsRangersw12

brentford,fulham and us... on 13:43 - Feb 5 by Konk

2-0 — Beardsley, and I want to say Moody. I was in the Braemar Road stand that day — they gave us an overspill area in there — loads of stick flying backwards and forwards during the game, popped down to the loo at half-time and the very same people were all mixed in together, no-one said a word, back upstairs for the second half and all the abuse started up again. Football fans are brilliant/tragic.

I was on the terrace that day in the Fulham end very good atmosphere all round to be fair
brentford,fulham and us... on 16:32 - Feb 5 with 2878 viewssmegma

brentford,fulham and us... on 12:45 - Feb 5 by W7Ranger

We were in the same division for 3 seasons in the early '00's. I make that 6 fixtures.

oh yeah. plus all the preseason friendlies of course.
brentford,fulham and us... on 19:19 - Feb 5 with 2793 viewsLowerloftLad

Sorry I'm not planning for a second season in the championship one seasons okay but a second god no add brentford to the bore festival and it would be even more tedious

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

brentford,fulham and us... on 20:55 - Feb 5 with 2722 viewsconnell10

brentford,fulham and us... on 19:19 - Feb 5 by LowerloftLad

Sorry I'm not planning for a second season in the championship one seasons okay but a second god no add brentford to the bore festival and it would be even more tedious

so you thought our couple of seasons in the prem were good??????

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

brentford,fulham and us... on 21:18 - Feb 5 with 2698 viewsloftboy

brentford,fulham and us... on 12:45 - Feb 5 by W7Ranger

My mistake checked soccer base and it was 3 seasons
[Post edited 5 Feb 2014 21:22]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

brentford,fulham and us... on 21:28 - Feb 5 with 2678 viewskensalriser

Pretty sure Brentford were never a division above, not in recent history anyway!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:07 - Feb 5 with 2643 viewsloftboy

brentford,fulham and us... on 21:28 - Feb 5 by kensalriser

Pretty sure Brentford were never a division above, not in recent history anyway!

Blimey it was 92/93
[Post edited 5 Feb 2014 22:11]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

brentford,fulham and us... on 22:27 - Feb 5 with 2621 viewsizlingtonhoop

Many years ago a friend of mine, an Evertonian from Widnes, told me he knew a Bees fan at university (birmingham) who whenever he'd had a few would continually chant 'we hate Rangers'. This would've been in the late 70s.
My Nan was a Bees fan. Just mentioning that, no reason.
brentford,fulham and us... on 10:18 - Feb 6 with 2577 viewsizlingtonhoop

Remembered this morning going to Newcastle in the 90s. As part of the jollity we went to Roker Park to watch Brentford play Sunderland. One of my best mates is a Mackem and one of his a part time Bees fan (comes from Isleworth, supportd Spurs, kinda thing).

After the game those of us that went in the away end, and saw Brentford win quite handsomely were jumped for exacerbating the situation by haveing two black members of our party, one of whom is my best man.

Whilst he was being knocked about I, not a man of fisticuffs, decided I should show some willing and try to get him out of there.

As I went in a copper grabbed me and said, "I think he's had enough son..."

Caring.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024