Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pitch not the same for both sides shock 13:02 - Feb 21 with 1737 viewsR_from_afar

Tim Sherwood: "The pitch was a disgrace, it is possibly the worst pitch I have experienced in a long time."

Get over it. Perhaps Dnipro won't like White Hart Lane. It might be too smooth for them or the wrong colour green...

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Pitch not the same for both sides shock on 13:20 - Feb 21 with 1711 viewsTelford_QPR

We might be using this excuse tomorrow given likley state of Charlton's pitch
Pitch not the same for both sides shock on 13:24 - Feb 21 with 1698 viewsR_from_afar

Pitch not the same for both sides shock on 13:20 - Feb 21 by Telford_QPR

We might be using this excuse tomorrow given likley state of Charlton's pitch

A very good point but please let you be wrong. If we fail to beat Charlton, 99% of Rs fans will be in meltdown.

So confident of that am I that I'm going to trhow in a FACT for good measure.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Pitch not the same for both sides shock on 13:28 - Feb 21 with 1687 viewsdaveB

the pitch did look terrible last night, same for both sides obviously but spurs were always going to struggle on it
Pitch not the same for both sides shock on 13:57 - Feb 21 with 1637 viewsJamie

Pitch not the same for both sides shock on 13:28 - Feb 21 by daveB

the pitch did look terrible last night, same for both sides obviously but spurs were always going to struggle on it

Picking Bentaleb & Soldado was more of a struggle.
Pitch not the same for both sides shock on 15:03 - Feb 21 with 1582 viewsJuzzie

Same for both sides on the night but if it's been like that for ages then the home team will be more used to it. Same with us in the 80's on the astroturf. We played on it 25-odd times a season whereas the opposition generally just once a season.

edit: Though i do agree that teams certainly of Spurs' calibre should be able to adapt to surfaces other than those of billiard table proportions.

[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 15:08]
Pitch not the same for both sides shock on 15:37 - Feb 21 with 1533 viewssmegma

Pitch not the same for both sides shock on 15:03 - Feb 21 by Juzzie

Same for both sides on the night but if it's been like that for ages then the home team will be more used to it. Same with us in the 80's on the astroturf. We played on it 25-odd times a season whereas the opposition generally just once a season.

edit: Though i do agree that teams certainly of Spurs' calibre should be able to adapt to surfaces other than those of billiard table proportions.

[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 15:08]

I think Sherwood has a valid point. I've seen better pitches in a local park . How Dnepro are allowed in the Europa league is a mystery with THAT quagmire when you consider we weren't allowed to play on plastic all those years ago. Then years later Moscow Dynamo & Russia can play on plastic in international competition.
Pitch not the same for both sides shock on 17:22 - Feb 21 with 1470 viewsJuzzie

Pitch not the same for both sides shock on 15:37 - Feb 21 by smegma

I think Sherwood has a valid point. I've seen better pitches in a local park . How Dnepro are allowed in the Europa league is a mystery with THAT quagmire when you consider we weren't allowed to play on plastic all those years ago. Then years later Moscow Dynamo & Russia can play on plastic in international competition.

I think the technology & quality of the plastic pitch was much better for the Rusians teams than compared to when oursleves, Luton, Oldham & Preston had it.

I didn't see the game last night but maybe it costs so much for everyone to rearrange games these days it's better to play it than to cancel games. Though if the pitch has been like that for a long time, rather than in just the last week or so, they should have been made sure it was better to play on.
Pitch not the same for both sides shock on 19:56 - Feb 21 with 1367 viewssmegma

Pitch not the same for both sides shock on 17:22 - Feb 21 by Juzzie

I think the technology & quality of the plastic pitch was much better for the Rusians teams than compared to when oursleves, Luton, Oldham & Preston had it.

I didn't see the game last night but maybe it costs so much for everyone to rearrange games these days it's better to play it than to cancel games. Though if the pitch has been like that for a long time, rather than in just the last week or so, they should have been made sure it was better to play on.

The pitch was so bad if you kicked the ball along the deck it would bobble up about a foot. I think they were playing on permafrost.
Login to get fewer ads

Pitch not the same for both sides shock on 23:35 - Feb 21 with 1286 viewsstowmarketrange

I don't know he's moaning for,I had to mark out my daughters pitch today and try to get rid of the molehills.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024