Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So who's contract would you renew? 11:28 - Apr 20 with 1541 viewsHenryQPR

Everyone knows me as a 'Glass Half full' kind of person - so I really would love QPR to win the play off's and get promoted! However, do we really want another season of trying to finish 17th in the Prem? I fear promotion with this group of players and management is not going to be the case .......and maybe that's for the best? Harry has proved he's only human and most of the players (excluding Austin, Simpson, Hill and Phillips) don't seem to give a damn as far as I can see. So, apart from feeling we need a CNTL/ALT/DEL across the management and team, I would like to know who across the 'Loft For Words' forum knows who is up for contract renewals and who is going back to their loaner clubs?
I will start....
1.send Maiga back to WHU NOW!!
2. Sell Adel to Milan and Remy to whoever wants him to get some cash in the coffers
3. Dump all the journey men and sick notes - Hughes, Benayoun, Johnson, Zamora (we've all go an opinion here) - BUT who can tell me which players are out of contract?
So who's contract would you renew? on 13:09 - Apr 20 with 1493 viewsJuzzie

Do a search, there's been plenty of threads about which players are out of contract, it's around 18 I think.
So who's contract would you renew? on 15:14 - Apr 20 with 1436 viewsSpiritofGregory

Get rid of the lot of them and let the new manager start afresh. Let use Burnley as a template.
So who's contract would you renew? on 16:06 - Apr 20 with 1409 viewsqpr1976

Assuming Dunne & Hill accept & sign the extension offered them already.

Out of contract June 2014 - O'Neil, Green, Zamora, Faurlin, Traore, Murphy, Wright-Phillips, Johnson, Young, Jenas, Benayoun, Hughes, Ephraim, Balanta, Andrade, Magri, Hitchcock (17) I would keep Green + possibly Benayoun, Hitchcock & Traore.
Faurlin ONLY if he recovers fully, which I fear he won't (Really hope I'm wrong)

M'Bia & Park are also out of contract, so I assume they will not be offered new terms.

BAE, Carroll, Kranjcar, Maiga, Keane, Morrison will return to their Clubs, Doyle it seems may join permenantly. Dellatorre ? Who knows.

Remy will leave for a fee, so too Taarabt maybe. If so, hopefully £20M off the losses for next season in addition to a considerable amount of wages saved from some 23 (ish) players through the door.
Then we start recruiting again.....
[Post edited 20 Apr 2014 16:19]
So who's contract would you renew? on 16:54 - Apr 20 with 1359 viewsMedwayR

So who's contract would you renew? on 16:06 - Apr 20 by qpr1976

Assuming Dunne & Hill accept & sign the extension offered them already.

Out of contract June 2014 - O'Neil, Green, Zamora, Faurlin, Traore, Murphy, Wright-Phillips, Johnson, Young, Jenas, Benayoun, Hughes, Ephraim, Balanta, Andrade, Magri, Hitchcock (17) I would keep Green + possibly Benayoun, Hitchcock & Traore.
Faurlin ONLY if he recovers fully, which I fear he won't (Really hope I'm wrong)

M'Bia & Park are also out of contract, so I assume they will not be offered new terms.

BAE, Carroll, Kranjcar, Maiga, Keane, Morrison will return to their Clubs, Doyle it seems may join permenantly. Dellatorre ? Who knows.

Remy will leave for a fee, so too Taarabt maybe. If so, hopefully £20M off the losses for next season in addition to a considerable amount of wages saved from some 23 (ish) players through the door.
Then we start recruiting again.....
[Post edited 20 Apr 2014 16:19]

SWP is not out of contract this summer

Poll: Who’s better?

So who's contract would you renew? on 17:07 - Apr 20 with 1332 viewsCHUBBS

So who's contract would you renew? on 16:54 - Apr 20 by MedwayR

Don't know whats worse,SWP for another year or shotknees insecant ramblings with regards to the gutless ponce.
So who's contract would you renew? on 17:12 - Apr 20 with 1328 viewsTHEBUSH

Sell any player who wants to leave, let all the loans go back to their clubs, offer new contracts to, Hill, Faurlin, Traore and Green (if he wants to stay for less money), also keep Hitchcock.
Any wasters with their contracts not up, we're probably stuck with them, not much the club can do !!
So who's contract would you renew? on 17:15 - Apr 20 with 1316 viewsMedwayR

So who's contract would you renew? on 17:12 - Apr 20 by THEBUSH

Sell any player who wants to leave, let all the loans go back to their clubs, offer new contracts to, Hill, Faurlin, Traore and Green (if he wants to stay for less money), also keep Hitchcock.
Any wasters with their contracts not up, we're probably stuck with them, not much the club can do !!

I don't get why people want to keep Traore, he's always injured so is no more use to us than Zamora or AJ...

Poll: Who’s better?

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:17 - Apr 20 with 1311 viewsqpr1976

So who's contract would you renew? on 16:54 - Apr 20 by MedwayR

Login to get fewer ads

So who's contract would you renew? on 19:29 - Apr 20 with 1203 viewsDylanP

Goalie -- let Green go. This is completely unfair, I know, as Green has been magnificent this year but the truth is we cannot afford to have two top class goalies and we are just going to have to make do with the once "best-goalie-in-the-world". Cesar has down nothing particularly wrong on the goal keeping front and should be able to do the job for us next year.

Defence--Keep Dunne, Hill Simpson, Suk Yun, and Onouha. Let BAE go back to Spurs. He has a lot of skill, possibly the most pure skill we have seen at the position in decades, but he has no heart or bottle. Best say thank you and goodbye. Hughes is OK but not worth keeping. Traore should be let go. He is a good player but spends too much time on the physio's bed.Bye bye Luke Young.

Midfield--Personally, I would love to keep Ravel. Might be asking too much of we don't go up, but I feel like he could be the foundation of a great attacking midfield. Joey, Phillips, Hoilett, and Henry are a good start. Mixed feelings about Niko as I think he shows some creativity but wouldn't be too bothered if he left as he seems to be a bit lazy and so on.I wish/hope we can get rid of Jenas, SWP, and O'Neil as they are pointless. Yossi and LTC have been good players for us and if we can get them cheaply they would be worth the squad place.

Striker -- Keep Austin and ditch the rest. Maiga, Keane, Zamora, AJ, and Doyle can all go. Zamora has shown he can be an effective sub and AJ has had his moments. But with the salary saved but shipping those 5 out we must be able to find 2-3 players who can partner with Austin/replace him when suspended/injured. I would have Remy back in a heartbeat if we go up. Him and Austin would be a great strike partnership.

All-in-all, ideally we would spend the off-season shipping out around 15 players (although 2-3 of those aren't going anywhere as they are useless and still on contract), renegotiating 2 players, bringing in 2-3 new players, and working with some of the young players to make them into squad players. That doesn't seem too tall an order for the off-season.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

So who's contract would you renew? on 19:33 - Apr 20 with 1202 viewsTGRRRSSS

Dunne??? Sorry but rather move on another overpaid 30 something, though think his contract already signed for next year via a clause in how many games he played.
Zamora, AJ to go, loanees to go back to parent club.
Green to go in terms of costs if possible
Try to regroup and look to League1/Champ players and whatever from youth coupled with the few who are here already such as Barton, Austin, Phillips, Hill who I think should stay.
So who's contract would you renew? on 19:42 - Apr 20 with 1189 viewskensalriser

We should be able to buy Burnley's squad with the saved wages from just a couple of players. Great idea.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

So who's contract would you renew? on 19:54 - Apr 20 with 1175 viewsBromleyHoop

With the amount of players out of contract as shown above, there will be another transfer window where we will buy the best part of an entire new team = lack of continuity=lack of players connecting to the club=lack of team spirit=another season of QPR getting things wrong.

I'm reasonably happy regarding off pitch; new stadium, new academy, but on the pitch there's just no plan.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

So who's contract would you renew? on 20:37 - Apr 20 with 1115 viewsstansleftfoot

I'm unsure of SWP but I think these players are out of contract or loanee's both in and outbound.
Benoit Assou-Ekotto Loan Return to Spurs
Clint Hill Offer Contract
Ravel Morrison Loan Try and buy him
Niko Kranjcar Loan Return to Club
Alejandro Faurlin Offer annual contract
Armand Traore Let go
Modibo Maiga Loan Return to West Ham
Gary O'Neil Let go
Tom Carroll Loan Return to Spurs
Jermaine Jenas Let Go
Shaun Wright Phillips Get rid ASAP
Bobby Zamora Let Go
Yossi Benayoun Offer annual contract
Andy Johnson Let Go
Aaron Hughes Let Go
Luke Young Let Go
Hogan Ephraim Let Go
Hitchcock Offer Contract and continue to loan
Dunne Already resigned
Doyle Return to Wolves
Keene Return to Man U
Remy Sell
Mbia Sell
Ji Sung Park Retires
Samba Diakite Try again or Loan out
Cesar Sell

So the remnants are ;
GK : Greene, Murphy
Defence : Simpson, Hill, Dunne, Onouha, Yun, Ehmer, Donaldson.

Midfield : Hoillet, Benayoun, Barton, Phillips, Sunderland, Faurlin, Henry.

Forwards : Austin.

Lets sign a utility defender, a midfielder (box to box) and a couple of world class strikers.

It strikes me that QPR would have a fair argument within the UEFA FFP to say that the Club has been in transition thus the Balance sheet and profitability will come into line within a year as QPR are getting rid of around 25 players.
So who's contract would you renew? on 09:17 - Apr 21 with 989 viewsqpr1976

So who's contract would you renew? on 20:37 - Apr 20 by stansleftfoot

I'm unsure of SWP but I think these players are out of contract or loanee's both in and outbound.
Armand Traore Let go
Gary O'Neil Let go
Jermaine Jenas Let Go
Bobby Zamora Let Go
Andy Johnson Let Go
Aaron Hughes Let Go
Luke Young Let Go
Hogan Ephraim Let Go
Dunne Already resigned
Doyle Return to Wolves
Keene Return to Man U
Remy Sell
Mbia Sell
Ji Sung Park Retires
Cesar Sell

So the remnants are ;

Lets sign a utility defender, a midfielder (box to box) and a couple of world class strikers.

It strikes me that QPR would have a fair argument within the UEFA FFP to say that the Club has been in transition thus the Balance sheet and profitability will come into line within a year as QPR are getting rid of around 25 players.

Taarabt ?
So who's contract would you renew? on 09:25 - Apr 21 with 979 viewsDiscodroid

So who's contract would you renew? on 20:37 - Apr 20 by stansleftfoot

Armand Traore Let go
Gary O'Neil Let go
Jermaine Jenas Let Go
Bobby Zamora Let Go
Andy Johnson Let Go
Aaron Hughes Let Go
Luke Young Let Go
Hogan Ephraim Let Go
Dunne Already resigned
Doyle Return to Wolves
Keene Return to Man U
Remy Sell
Mbia Sell
Ji Sung Park Retires
Cesar Sell

So the remnants are ;

other than kevin doyle.. and possibly yossi (i agree with everything you have said...the remnants that are left from your squad , looks decent enough to me.

im hoping that frankie sutherland can be that box to box midfielder...tragic he has lost a whole season .

imho , austin and doyle have the basis of an excellent front two.no i havent been on the marching powder,

yossi has 2/3 good games and everyone seems to have forgotten just how shit /lightweight/ineffective he was over the previous months...if he sees out the season in similar style to what he has produced of late..then a 12 month contract maximum on sensible wage . or bye bye.

its like we have become accustomed to such a rancid array of turds , that someone simply fulfilling the basic requirements of their contract, ie staying fit and putting in the necessary amount of graft means we should snap them up....lets see people like yossi produce it over at least a six month period,

who else is gonna snap him up...barnsley/huddersfield??

wont be popular but maybe just a coaching role for clint ( a legend) now. we need pace at center back. the days of getting by on passion , blood and guts are not enough for me, or the new direction the team should take.

im bored shitless of the adel argument., we lost his genius for good when our arthur daley loaned him to fulham at the start of the season...if we can get morrison , good enough for me.

talking of being bored shitless over adel.... you know my opinion on 'h' and cheech and chong.... so i wont bore you with it all again.

at the time , i understood the grenaro signing as much as i do the fibonacci sequence...it makes even less sense to me now. get rid.asap.

in other news i had a really poor haircut in frinton on sea over the weekend and i now look like an overage member of the hitler youth ...an 'alan bennet'/nick heywood mop atop a lee mack mush if you will,...dark days indeed.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2014 10:09]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

So who's contract would you renew? on 09:36 - Apr 21 with 962 viewsflynnbo

Granero?
So who's contract would you renew? on 10:00 - Apr 21 with 931 viewsstansleftfoot

Ha, did my best, Yup, missed Taarabt, who is long gone, and Granero who I guess might get sold.
Until I attempted this I didn't fully realise the numbers involved.
Granero isn't going to have found the necessary to take on the Championship any better than Tommy Carroll but he might make a passable duplicate.
Taarabt is carving himself a place at Inter....good luck to him.
So who's contract would you renew? on 10:01 - Apr 21 with 931 viewsJuzzie

In threads like these there's always comments about who to sell. However, in order to sell you have to have a buyer and even if a club does show an interest/make an offer the player might not want to go or not go if the buying club is offering a lower salary.
With the salaries players are on at QPR, we're going to be stuck. I.e. Who will a) want or b) match SWP's salary?
So who's contract would you renew? on 10:16 - Apr 21 with 908 viewsstansleftfoot

So who's contract would you renew? on 10:01 - Apr 21 by Juzzie

In threads like these there's always comments about who to sell. However, in order to sell you have to have a buyer and even if a club does show an interest/make an offer the player might not want to go or not go if the buying club is offering a lower salary.
With the salaries players are on at QPR, we're going to be stuck. I.e. Who will a) want or b) match SWP's salary?

I know, I did this just to get the chaos a little clearer in my mind, I'm still unclear whether SWP is with the Club next season or not.
But encouragingly many of these players will be out of contract.
SWP is a free agent this year or next.
I think we paid just under £4 Million for him and his contract is variously reported as 3 or 4 years with his arrival in August 2011....salary reputed to be £3 million a year.
Extraordinarily the footballer seems to have garnered transfer fee's of around £45 Million.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024