Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I don't get this forum sometimes 20:12 - Apr 21 with 5656 viewsBlackCrowe

We won. After a drab first half, we showed character by coming back back from a goal down to a very hungry Watford side with more to play for than us and scored two excellent goals and a cracking atmosphere by the end. We're guaranteed playoffs and this from a team so shot of confidence and character at the end of last season that many myself included suspected a mid-table finish this season.

Now the drama and chewed nails of the play-offs and the prospect of a day a Wembley amongst 25k+ of our own and a humdinger of a night in the pubs and bars of W12 should we win. FFS, what's not to like?

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

I don't get this forum sometimes on 20:24 - Apr 21 with 3584 viewsessextaxiboy

Negativity from some in the ground actually spoilt it for me today . Decided at half time today to change my seat for next year .

I really dont know why some of them bother , they decide on a scapegoat and pillory them from start to finish .

Still feeling flat now TBH
I don't get this forum sometimes on 20:25 - Apr 21 with 3576 viewssix_foot_two

Agree with everything you say but I am afraid to say there appears to be a lot on here who want QPR to fail.
I don't get this forum sometimes on 20:27 - Apr 21 with 3554 viewsDieByYourSide

Had a cracking day myself, what's better than an undeserved win with two late goals?

Poll: And it's hi ho

I don't get this forum sometimes on 20:32 - Apr 21 with 3509 viewsessextaxiboy

I don't get this forum sometimes on 20:27 - Apr 21 by DieByYourSide

Had a cracking day myself, what's better than an undeserved win with two late goals?

We were having a great day , speedboat experience on the Thames in the morning ,( A Christmas present for me and the boys from Mrs Taxiboy) a nice lunch , a couple of beers and off to LR

Then I had to listen to this vitriol for 90 minutes , I said my piece but the whole thing really pulled me down ,...
I don't get this forum sometimes on 20:36 - Apr 21 with 3471 viewsEconRmist

The problem is that the same flaws were visible today that are visible every f*cking week. The same bad decisions were made and nearly cost us the match.

The problem is that Redknapp isn't learning and isn't changing anything, and that if we continue in this vein then the play-offs will amount to an early pre-season friendly for the 2013/14 Championship.
I don't get this forum sometimes on 20:37 - Apr 21 with 3470 viewschris1969

This whole season has been undeserved wins and I have never felt so uninspired. Trying to lift mates and fellow season ticket holders for the play offs but it all seems like a chore right now. Not even sure I want to go to Wigan it's got that bad.

How the hell have we got near the 85 points that took us up in a much more enjoyable fashion (minus the off the pitch shite)
I don't get this forum sometimes on 20:38 - Apr 21 with 3459 viewskropotkin41

Certainly as far as I'm concerned it's not a case of wanting the Rs to fail.

I'm glad that we won and always am when we do. I'm sorry for any ill feeling, my posts generate, but this is a forum after all. When I actually go to games I will occasionally moan, but no-one can say I don't cheer and will us on.

As for the forum and the complaints though - there are real issues, it's not conjured out of the mist. These problems are to be engaged with or ignored as you prefer, but it does no good to suggest that people who air them are not good fans or something - we all care.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

I don't get this forum sometimes on 20:44 - Apr 21 with 3421 viewsGloucs_R

I tell you what I dont like.....Liverpool winning the league!

OK apart from that, god forbid we get promoted and Harry stays next season. Expect another 15 mercenaries, more debt and immediate relegation!!!

Poll: Are we staying up?

Login to get fewer ads

I don't get this forum sometimes on 20:46 - Apr 21 with 3407 viewsbaz_qpr

Could argue he his changing too much, rather than playing a settled side and formation
I don't get this forum sometimes on 20:50 - Apr 21 with 3372 viewsessextaxiboy

I don't get this forum sometimes on 20:38 - Apr 21 by kropotkin41

Certainly as far as I'm concerned it's not a case of wanting the Rs to fail.

I'm glad that we won and always am when we do. I'm sorry for any ill feeling, my posts generate, but this is a forum after all. When I actually go to games I will occasionally moan, but no-one can say I don't cheer and will us on.

As for the forum and the complaints though - there are real issues, it's not conjured out of the mist. These problems are to be engaged with or ignored as you prefer, but it does no good to suggest that people who air them are not good fans or something - we all care.

This is the place for it , As you know I dont agree with much of it but have no problem with strong points of view . At the game its differant IMO
I don't get this forum sometimes on 21:06 - Apr 21 with 3311 viewsEalingRanger

I don't get this forum sometimes on 20:27 - Apr 21 by DieByYourSide

The scenario you outlined but against a tinpot club with silly tinpot fans like Watford.
I don't get this forum sometimes on 21:08 - Apr 21 with 3303 viewsted_hendrix

Long time no see BlackCrowe!
Today is the first game at LR that I have missed since I don't know when, I got up and sat in the sunshine in me garden and thought no I just cant be arsed with It.
Never in my wildest dreams would I not go to home games but I've just become tired and disillusioned with football in general, and up to a point the way that our club is being managed (not just the football either)
I've moved over the Years to various areas of the ground from the upper loft to the lower back up again and back down just to get away from the persistent fcking moaners in the ground. I now sit with a good bunch of knowledgeable football people.
I'll be back at LR Saturday and for whatever games in the playoffs but after 55 odd years of watching my boyhood club I never missed it today one bit, never thought I'd say that.

There are some superbly football intelligent posters on here, of that there is no doubt.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

I don't get this forum sometimes on 21:19 - Apr 21 with 3247 viewsColinr

I don't get this forum sometimes on 21:08 - Apr 21 by ted_hendrix

Today is the first game at LR that I have missed since I don't know when, I got up and sat in the sunshine in me garden and thought no I just cant be arsed with It.
Never in my wildest dreams would I not go to home games but I've just become tired and disillusioned with football in general, and up to a point the way that our club is being managed (not just the football either)
I've moved over the Years to various areas of the ground from the upper loft to the lower back up again and back down just to get away from the persistent fcking moaners in the ground. I now sit with a good bunch of knowledgeable football people.
I'll be back at LR Saturday and for whatever games in the playoffs but after 55 odd years of watching my boyhood club I never missed it today one bit, never thought I'd say that.

There are some superbly football intelligent posters on here, of that there is no doubt.

Kind of guessed today was a protest mate. See you Saturday. The less knowledgeable one :-)
I don't get this forum sometimes on 21:23 - Apr 21 with 3211 viewsdanehoop

I don't get this forum sometimes on 21:08 - Apr 21 by ted_hendrix

Ted,

like you before going overseas I went regularly to watch us at home, whilst I was away i'd get back and watch 3/4 games a year normally. Even flying back for an 11,000 mile round journey for a long weekend I'd sneak in a game. Last season I returned to the UK and saw 3 games but started to lose the enthusiasm, and this year I havent been at all, for the first time since I was 14 I havent been to a game.

That really hurts, but my disenchantment has grown so much this year that I am not sure I am truly missing it as I expected. Spending time with the family and seeing my boys make unexpectedly good progress with their disabilities seems more important than watching Redknapps mercenaries going through the motions will little obvious planning.

Never knowingly understood

I don't get this forum sometimes on 21:38 - Apr 21 with 3154 viewsHollowayRanger

did we play well today= no
where we the better team=no
did we deserve to win today=no
does harry have a great plan=no
does harry know our best 11=no
does harry know our best formation=no

if we play like that twice v wigan will we be at wembley?

the keeper made a mess of the barton freekick went behind the wall expecting the wall to come over it instead joey put it in where the keeper should have been

austin showed his instint for goal with a great finish

apart from that we did next to nothing

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

I don't get this forum sometimes on 22:03 - Apr 21 with 3077 viewsBrightonhoop

It's very hard to be inspired by Redknapp. I've never wished for the end of a season, because even in relegation seasons there's always been hope. It's hard to articulate without sounding miserable, and I'll never boo a player in Hoops, even Mark Hately never got it from me. But Dunne is also doing my noggin' in, same mistakes week in week out and get's the nod week in week out. And for 70 mins today it was like watching paint dry.
I never thought I would say I wished Steve McClaren was still around...
I don't get this forum sometimes on 22:09 - Apr 21 with 3053 viewssmegma

I don't get this forum sometimes on 21:38 - Apr 21 by HollowayRanger

did we play well today= no
where we the better team=no
did we deserve to win today=no
does harry have a great plan=no
does harry know our best 11=no
does harry know our best formation=no

if we play like that twice v wigan will we be at wembley?

the keeper made a mess of the barton freekick went behind the wall expecting the wall to come over it instead joey put it in where the keeper should have been

austin showed his instint for goal with a great finish

apart from that we did next to nothing

For 75 minutes we were absolutely awful. I had said to a friend 'the only way we'll score is from a set piece ' as we were not creating anything. We had a system in place that looked totally alien to those entrusted to play in it. It looked like we had just turned up without any prior knowledge to the system. We had about 4 or 5 players having absolute nightmares and two forwards who never received a decent ball for those 75 minutes. as soon as we scored we suddenly transformed into a side who knew what they were doing and looked the likelier to get the winner. We then hit them on the break and we appeared to have about 5 against 3 and our Player Of The Year elect came up with another beauty.
We got out of jail BIG time.

Reading todays AKUTRs theres an interview with John Byrne. In it he tells how he didnt enjoy playing in Jim Smiths sides as we were not entertaining enough. He'd be suicidal if he played for us this season.
I don't get this forum sometimes on 22:10 - Apr 21 with 3049 viewskingsburyR

I don't get this forum sometimes on 20:24 - Apr 21 by essextaxiboy

Negativity from some in the ground actually spoilt it for me today . Decided at half time today to change my seat for next year .

I really dont know why some of them bother , they decide on a scapegoat and pillory them from start to finish .

Still feeling flat now TBH

You don't sit in Mu do you?

I Had to listen to some bell end banging on about Carroll for no other reason then to listen to the sound of his own voice!

Mu, row g (ish) near the exit; mate you're a plank. Criticise, I don't mind.... Mind numbing drivel and trying to show off is dull and boring.

Carroll didn't have a good game, screaming "Carroll, you're fu(king crap" isn't really going to help..... IS IT!

Like you I am also thinking about sitting somewhere else.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

I don't get this forum sometimes on 22:47 - Apr 21 with 2970 viewsdaveB

for many the dream seems to be to be a club who are mid table in this league at best as long as we have a different manager, those same people will be moaning like hell if that was to actually happen. We were a long way from good today but won again through character and genuine quality, won't be enough for many but you can't please everyone
I don't get this forum sometimes on 23:07 - Apr 21 with 2922 viewsHunterhoop

I want us to win.

I really want us to go up because I think the long terms stability of the club can't afford it. But also because I love QPR.

What I really really want though, is a team, manager and club I can feel passionately about. At the moment, it's difficult. We have a manager who I believe makes countless, successive errors and doesn't give any indication he gives two sh*ts. He is also completely short term focused. A chairman who has sanctioned some ridiculous spending which could cripple us if we don't go up AND start operating sensibly.

Combine these two and have we have far too many players who are bleeding the club dry, who are only here for the very very short term and who don't appear to be putting the effort in to match their financial renumeration. This isn't about ability, nor is it every player, it's about the effort of some. It has led, in my view, to a team and squad which the fanbase, in general just don't quite believe in. They don't really like, deep down, nor trust to deliver.

All this has made the atmosphere flat and the whole club can be characterised by the word "apathy".

Completely agree that in the ground, you support the team. For all my criticisms of Carroll on here, I never shouted loudly at him (or anyone else), just discussed his (and others) performances with my mates as the game went on. I sang a bit and celebrated a lot when we scored.

I don't believe there are many, if any, QPR fans who want us to lose. Unfortunately, I think there are some QPR fans who are unable to distinguish between "critiquing" the club and not supporting it. Many fans don't like what's going on and are very critical of the club, but it doesn't mean they want the club to win or aren't supporting the team. Sadly too many, especially on here, like to simplify things and not distinguish between the two.
I don't get this forum sometimes on 08:37 - Apr 22 with 2701 viewsRed_Ranger

Crowe, please move along or at least trance someone. Can I suggest Dunne, Caroll or Henry.?
I don't get this forum sometimes on 08:42 - Apr 22 with 2689 viewsRangersw12

I don't get this forum sometimes on 20:50 - Apr 21 by essextaxiboy

This is the place for it , As you know I dont agree with much of it but have no problem with strong points of view . At the game its differant IMO

The game is where people can express how they feel and don't see anything wrong with that to be honest
I don't get this forum sometimes on 09:04 - Apr 22 with 2643 viewsDiscodroid

I don't get this forum sometimes on 08:42 - Apr 22 by Rangersw12

The game is where people can express how they feel and don't see anything wrong with that to be honest

fkn right mate!!.

'its not about i told you so' on lfw its about freedom of speech and opinions...ive knocked the voicing of my political retorts to other peoples views on here, and as a result find the board a much more rewarding and pleasurable exeriance....but i'll be fkd by a well hung freegan up the starfish on spanish fly(nitrates opitional) behind a skip in icelands ,with diane abott singing the red flag tenderly in my ear , before i'll stop expressing my views on this club ive supported since 1977 and spent tens of thousands of pounds on.

the binary code boys have every right to come on here today and wax lyrical about harry and the krwaftwerk brothers behind their mini moogs, orchestrating another lackluster symphony on the touchline , just as i have in my opinion that we won yesterday in spite of our grubby spiv arthur english , not because of any leo beenhakker genius.

we pinch burnleys best player, dwarf their playing staff in size and wages...and they have given us a sound flashman style thrashing in the study , with the lead piping by prefect dyche in 'head boy' badge and tweed,,,

all this fanny i keep hearing about us doing a wolves!! and going down thru the league... leave it out !!!..10 million on austin and phillips , they didnt spend that to engage in a bargain bucket menage trois fuk fest with barnsley and yeovil .

*end of term school report 'c' satisfactory.(just)

*report to my study redknapp and bring those scruffy oiks bond and jordan with you..for six of the best!!

footnote..
downes attends the local comprehensive and has a cse in woodwork.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2014 10:05]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

I don't get this forum sometimes on 09:31 - Apr 22 with 2564 views1BobbyHazell

I don't get this forum sometimes on 23:07 - Apr 21 by Hunterhoop

I want us to win.

I really want us to go up because I think the long terms stability of the club can't afford it. But also because I love QPR.

What I really really want though, is a team, manager and club I can feel passionately about. At the moment, it's difficult. We have a manager who I believe makes countless, successive errors and doesn't give any indication he gives two sh*ts. He is also completely short term focused. A chairman who has sanctioned some ridiculous spending which could cripple us if we don't go up AND start operating sensibly.

Combine these two and have we have far too many players who are bleeding the club dry, who are only here for the very very short term and who don't appear to be putting the effort in to match their financial renumeration. This isn't about ability, nor is it every player, it's about the effort of some. It has led, in my view, to a team and squad which the fanbase, in general just don't quite believe in. They don't really like, deep down, nor trust to deliver.

All this has made the atmosphere flat and the whole club can be characterised by the word "apathy".

Completely agree that in the ground, you support the team. For all my criticisms of Carroll on here, I never shouted loudly at him (or anyone else), just discussed his (and others) performances with my mates as the game went on. I sang a bit and celebrated a lot when we scored.

I don't believe there are many, if any, QPR fans who want us to lose. Unfortunately, I think there are some QPR fans who are unable to distinguish between "critiquing" the club and not supporting it. Many fans don't like what's going on and are very critical of the club, but it doesn't mean they want the club to win or aren't supporting the team. Sadly too many, especially on here, like to simplify things and not distinguish between the two.

After your claiming that Carroll was the worst player against Forest I had you down as none too clever!

But that, sir, was an excellent post.
I don't get this forum sometimes on 09:52 - Apr 22 with 2519 viewsPinnerPaul

I don't get this forum sometimes on 22:47 - Apr 21 by daveB

for many the dream seems to be to be a club who are mid table in this league at best as long as we have a different manager, those same people will be moaning like hell if that was to actually happen. We were a long way from good today but won again through character and genuine quality, won't be enough for many but you can't please everyone

Exactly Dave.

What gets me is that if we win and "don't deserve it" endless people will come on here bemoaning that fact.

If however we lose, but didn't deserve to, Leicester at home springs to mind, that doesn't get a mention just the usual endless doom and gloom that we've lost!

While I'm on one..... its now got to the point where people are criticising the WAY we score FFS!

Last week I read on here someone bemoaning the fact that the Forest goals were all break aways - they weren't -and even if they were , so what!

Now Holloway moans that Barton's goal was from a set piece and it was all the GK's fault in any case, yet that didn't stop endless gnashing and wailing that WE conceded from 2 set pieces against Forest!

In the great 2 up front debate earlier in the season HR accused of not wanting to change anything, we're boring etc, now he DOES try something - with a view to see if we can retrieve a deficit in a 2 leg S/F I suspect - and everyone jumps up and down and says why change!

Its bl***y depressing on here at times - even after a win.

O/P - Spot on mate!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024