Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR's secret Japanese weapon, via Newcastle — interview 21:28 - Jun 13 with 4605 viewsNorthernr

Steve Black, coach and motivational speaker, described by Joey Barton as QPR’s “signing of the season” talks to LFW about an amazing three months at the club which culminated in the Wembley win.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/35255

Thanks to Ian and Paul at QPR for setting this up, and for Steve for sparing us his time.

This post has been edited by an administrator
QPR's secret Japanese weapon, via Newcastle — interview on 21:51 - Jun 13 with 3774 viewshoopstilidie

We need to do whatever needs doing to keep this guy.
His impact is close to immeasurable.
Dare I say he may even hold the key to a certain Moroccan hothead?

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

QPR's secret Japanese weapon, via Newcastle — interview on 22:03 - Jun 13 with 3727 viewsloftboy

"Go in and work with the tools we had" quite Apt with some of the squad!!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

QPR's secret Japanese weapon, via Newcastle — interview on 23:52 - Jun 13 with 3540 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Sod Bryson, Snodgrass, Ferdinand, Defoe and all the other stories floating around, if there is one signing that would help me feel a little more comfortable about next season it would be the announcement of a deal with Steve Black.
QPR's secret Japanese weapon, via Newcastle — interview on 05:09 - Jun 14 with 3438 viewswood_hoop

A very insightful article, great respect for Mr Black, and a big thanks to Clive for once again getting an article that delves so much more than the usual PR dross on how the club really works.

A question I would like to ask him, once he has worked his 'magic' how is it maintained once he has gone ?

I noted he has worked for many organisations and has had gained a lot of success, part of his formula is to put the building blocks in place, does this also include changing the complete ethos of how our club look at future employees,because unless players and the management staff buy fully into his ways it just would not work, continuty is always a key to succesful clubs and I wondered who will take up the mantle if he does leave.

As it seems he spends just short periods to turn things round just how and who will continue his good works, maybe HR has bought fully into the Steve Black way and even a man of his great experience has learnt some new tricks, it certainly seems to have worked for Barton and I can imagine that for someone like Clint Hill it must have only added to the learning curve as a future manager, whether with us or else where.

What impressed me most was it can be used right across the age and experience groups, maybe not so hard with young eager to learn minds but as a manager myself with a fair bit of experience ,not always easy to change mind patterns as to how things can be improved other than tried and trusted methods.
QPR's secret Japanese weapon, via Newcastle — interview on 11:18 - Jun 14 with 3222 viewsJonDoeman

Good piece on an interesting character. Credit to Redknapp for being prepared to bring quality like him and McClaren into the building, wouldn't have happened under the previous regime, they ain't Welsh!!

It Is What It Is !!

QPR's secret Japanese weapon, via Newcastle — interview on 11:45 - Jun 14 with 3185 viewsLblock

It was inspirational just reading it
God knows what it must be like to actually work with the fella

Two questions
1. Why haven't we signed him on a retainer basis yet?
And
2. Why isn't be in Brasil this very moment with Woy and the boys?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

QPR's secret Japanese weapon, via Newcastle — interview on 12:21 - Jun 14 with 3153 viewsslranger40

Very insightful and I am sure along way from previous earlier attempts (much more psychology based granted) bank in the days of Mad Dog and Jon Byrne:

QPR's secret Japanese weapon, via Newcastle — interview on 13:15 - Jun 14 with 3104 viewsTacticalR

Great stuff. I have left a note about my understanding of Kaizen in the comments section.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

QPR's secret Japanese weapon, via Newcastle — interview on 13:19 - Jun 14 with 3101 viewsBrightonhoop

Great piece, interesting character, just what we needed.
QPR's secret Japanese weapon, via Newcastle — interview on 15:38 - Jun 14 with 3012 viewsSydneyRs

QPR's secret Japanese weapon, via Newcastle — interview on 12:21 - Jun 14 by slranger40

Very insightful and I am sure along way from previous earlier attempts (much more psychology based granted) bank in the days of Mad Dog and Jon Byrne:

Is that the Dean Coney "drop the shoulder" one?
QPR's secret Japanese weapon, via Newcastle — interview on 17:00 - Jun 14 with 2958 viewskropotkin41

A great piece. This makes a lot of sense of how JB seemed to be a changed man first and then the squad was transformed afterwards.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

QPR's secret Japanese weapon, via Newcastle — interview on 17:43 - Jun 14 with 2928 viewsdanehoop

QPR's secret Japanese weapon, via Newcastle — interview on 17:00 - Jun 14 by kropotkin41

A great piece. This makes a lot of sense of how JB seemed to be a changed man first and then the squad was transformed afterwards.

I really hope that Tony does get this guy on a retainer as he really does seem to add value. There was definitely a new team spirit that came over the last few months of this guys involvement that we hadn't seen. Certainly worth a years contract.

Never knowingly understood

QPR's secret Japanese weapon, via Newcastle — interview on 21:00 - Jun 14 with 2846 viewsloftboy

QPR's secret Japanese weapon, via Newcastle — interview on 12:21 - Jun 14 by slranger40

It worked so well Mark Dennis got sent off for hitting Ardiles and in the same game Fenwick elbowed Ardiles in the throat nearly killing him lol

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

QPR's secret Japanese weapon, via Newcastle — interview on 22:07 - Jun 14 with 2799 viewsTacticalR

So is this sorcery or science?

Air hostess clique

QPR's secret Japanese weapon, via Newcastle — interview on 01:38 - Jun 15 with 2723 viewsJAPRANGERS

改善 = kaizen= improve, make better.
QPR's secret Japanese weapon, via Newcastle — interview on 10:45 - Jun 15 with 2652 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Great article, seems like an excellent person to have around doing his thing, must sign him up!
QPR's secret Japanese weapon, via Newcastle — interview on 11:00 - Jun 15 with 2642 viewsTacticalR

We have got so carried away with the discussion about the role of Director of Football that up to now we have completely overlooked the position of Club Shaman.

Air hostess clique

QPR's secret Japanese weapon, via Newcastle — interview on 13:15 - Jun 15 with 2582 viewsfrancisbowles

Thanks for the interview Clive and Steve.

Steve you arrived 'Just In Time'!
QPR's secret Japanese weapon, via Newcastle — interview on 15:51 - Jun 15 with 2531 viewsAntti_Heinola

QPR's secret Japanese weapon, via Newcastle — interview on 11:18 - Jun 14 by JonDoeman

Good piece on an interesting character. Credit to Redknapp for being prepared to bring quality like him and McClaren into the building, wouldn't have happened under the previous regime, they ain't Welsh!!

Agree Joe, if HR can appoint a good psychologist, a good coach or two, be willing take advice from his left back about tactics and substitutions and find a few more Austins he could prove to be our best manager for many years!

Bare bones.

QPR's secret Japanese weapon, via Newcastle — interview on 20:52 - Jun 15 with 2450 viewsTGRRRSSS

Guy is absolutely sensational. Meanwhile the sage that is Roy Keane is criticizing Roy Hodgson for using a sports psychologist for England.

I've known for Black for years following Rugby Union as I do and JOnny Wilkinson readily admits he owes a huge amount to Black in terms of his success.
QPR's secret Japanese weapon, via Newcastle — interview on 09:30 - Jun 16 with 2332 viewsgeorgiosfs

It's fantastic that the club brought him in and that Harry though outside the square. He's obviously a talented guy.

As for a longer term contract I think the players get the best out of sports psychologists when they are there on an adhoc basis as I feel if he was with us full time his message would eventually be lost.
QPR's secret Japanese weapon, via Newcastle — interview on 09:44 - Jun 16 with 2326 viewsElHoop

Does anyone know the length of the shelf life of this sort of thing? I'd have thought that a big part of the attraction is that it is new and once it beomes part of the daily grind maybe it doesn't have so much effect? Or maybe it imposes unity as a matter of course and the fabric of the club is permanently improved. If it's the latter then he looks like the man but if it's a temporary benefit then maybe we need to keep freshening up with new people of a similar type.
QPR's secret Japanese weapon, via Newcastle — interview on 09:57 - Jun 16 with 2320 viewsgeorgiosfs

QPR's secret Japanese weapon, via Newcastle — interview on 09:44 - Jun 16 by ElHoop

Does anyone know the length of the shelf life of this sort of thing? I'd have thought that a big part of the attraction is that it is new and once it beomes part of the daily grind maybe it doesn't have so much effect? Or maybe it imposes unity as a matter of course and the fabric of the club is permanently improved. If it's the latter then he looks like the man but if it's a temporary benefit then maybe we need to keep freshening up with new people of a similar type.

I think with individuals as long as they believe in you then it's endless but with a complete squad I'd say a season maximum..

He's a well travelled man so that would say he knows it too. Spread and share the wisdom, come back and refresh every now and again and move on!
QPR's secret Japanese weapon, via Newcastle — interview on 10:59 - Jun 16 with 2294 viewssimmo

QPR's secret Japanese weapon, via Newcastle — interview on 11:45 - Jun 14 by Lblock

It was inspirational just reading it
God knows what it must be like to actually work with the fella

Two questions
1. Why haven't we signed him on a retainer basis yet?
And
2. Why isn't be in Brasil this very moment with Woy and the boys?

England have taken the other famed psychologist guy - the one that works with Liverpool. Can't remember his name but his influence with them has been just as profound as Blacks with QPR.

I think he might have written that book that Traore has credited with his change in mindset, but I might be wrong.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

QPR's secret Japanese weapon, via Newcastle — interview on 11:11 - Jun 16 with 2289 viewsgeorgiosfs

QPR's secret Japanese weapon, via Newcastle — interview on 10:59 - Jun 16 by simmo

England have taken the other famed psychologist guy - the one that works with Liverpool. Can't remember his name but his influence with them has been just as profound as Blacks with QPR.

I think he might have written that book that Traore has credited with his change in mindset, but I might be wrong.

He must of left Liverpool a few games before seasons end then? :)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024