Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non-QPR: Holiday Advice 16:11 - Jun 23 with 1547 viewsA40Bosh

Folks, the good news is that Mrs A40 has secured a new job for 1 Sept in a new school, going from 3 days to 5 days a week and a jump in the pay scale.

So the first thing we agreed on is that summer 2015 we can now go somewhere else other than Costa Del Co. Cork!

My eldest has come up with Lido de Jesolo, the Italian beach strip outside Venice because it has a massive water park there so it sounds like it could be an ideal location for a beach holiday, kids have fun and we can do a bit of tourist stuff in Venice.

Anyone familiar with the region and the pluses and minuses of holidaying in Northern Italy?

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Non-QPR: Holiday Advice on 16:15 - Jun 23 with 1526 viewsBrianMcCarthy

After Cork, how do you expect to find happiness?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Non-QPR: Holiday Advice on 16:36 - Jun 23 with 1500 viewsA40Bosh

Non-QPR: Holiday Advice on 16:15 - Jun 23 by BrianMcCarthy

After Cork, how do you expect to find happiness?

FCUK Happiness!!!

I JUST WANT SOME CAST IRON SUN THAT LASTS FOR MORE THAN 10MINS AND NOT HAVE TO SIT ON THE BEACH IN THE FOG!!!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Non-QPR: Holiday Advice on 16:48 - Jun 23 with 1490 viewsjamois

Costa feckin Ricaaaaaaaaa

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Non-QPR: Holiday Advice on 17:03 - Jun 23 with 1473 viewsted_hendrix

If you don't want to go to the Costa Del Co. Cork try Croagh Patrick in Mayo, nice gentle walk
Anywhere in Italy is fine by me, I love the bloody place.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Non-QPR: Holiday Advice on 17:03 - Jun 23 with 1473 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Non-QPR: Holiday Advice on 16:36 - Jun 23 by A40Bosh

FCUK Happiness!!!

I JUST WANT SOME CAST IRON SUN THAT LASTS FOR MORE THAN 10MINS AND NOT HAVE TO SIT ON THE BEACH IN THE FOG!!!

Fair point!

I've only been to the centre of Venice. Apart from that, my knowledge of Northern Italy is confined to train rides through the area, a weekend in Milan and a weekend in Portofino. Loved them all, but I'm hardly an expert, I'm afraid.

Non-QPR: Holiday Advice on 17:24 - Jun 23 with 1448 viewsA40Bosh

Non-QPR: Holiday Advice on 17:03 - Jun 23 by BrianMcCarthy

Fair point!

I've only been to the centre of Venice. Apart from that, my knowledge of Northern Italy is confined to train rides through the area, a weekend in Milan and a weekend in Portofino. Loved them all, but I'm hardly an expert, I'm afraid.

A40: "Brian, what did you think of Venice?"
BMc "Well....................................................... It's not Cork"

Non-QPR: Holiday Advice on 17:53 - Jun 23 with 1427 viewsQPRMUSO

Congrats A40 and Mrs A40, Personally I don't recommend Lido de Jesolo, just full of package holiday hotels to cater for the day trip but the standard seemed low compared to the usual Italy standard. We stay at the lakes like Como, Maggiore and Garda, the scenery is breathtaking and its fun hopping from town to town on the boats. If Venice is really what you want, try and stay on the Lido itself as the hotels on their have personal shuttle boats and this is also fun. Hotel Des bains has it's own beach and is stunning. Go'on push the boat out (no pun intended). Whatever you choose have a great time, Venice is beautiful, been there six times now.
Non-QPR: Holiday Advice on 19:13 - Jun 23 with 1378 viewscollegeranger

For Lido De Jesolo read Benidorm for Germans and Austrians! If thats what you are after then great. Plenty to see and do and you will be on the beach in very close proximity to the rest of the 3000 on the beach. If its a water park that mini Bosh is after then look on here and find a decent package/hotel near one of these.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/holidaytypeshub/article-592591/Top-European-wa
Login to get fewer ads

Non-QPR: Holiday Advice on 23:10 - Jun 23 with 1299 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Non-QPR: Holiday Advice on 17:24 - Jun 23 by A40Bosh

A40: "Brian, what did you think of Venice?"
BMc "Well....................................................... It's not Cork"

Ha! Nowhere is Cork!

I loved Venice. It's my favourite ever City. I love the architecture, style and serenity of it. No cars anywhere on the island, it's just bliss.

Unfortunately, I've never seen much beyond the island itself, so I'm of limited use to you. But, as for the City itself, I found it heaven.

(whispers)....Maybe even nicer than...nah, I can't say it!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024