Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harry waving for the Spurs fans - TWICE 20:43 - Aug 24 with 3336 viewsGloryHunter

WTF was that all about? Surely he should know better?
Harry waving for the Spurs fans - TWICE on 20:56 - Aug 24 with 2167 viewsfrancisbowles

Is that all your worried about? Who gives a toss? Far more worried about how we keep confidence going.
Harry waving for the Spurs fans - TWICE on 20:58 - Aug 24 with 2153 viewsGloryHunter

Harry waving for the Spurs fans - TWICE on 20:56 - Aug 24 by francisbowles

Is that all your worried about? Who gives a toss? Far more worried about how we keep confidence going.

Do you mean "you're"?
Harry waving for the Spurs fans - TWICE on 20:58 - Aug 24 with 2149 viewsGloryHunter

Harry waving for the Spurs fans - TWICE on 20:56 - Aug 24 by francisbowles

You mean "you're"?
Harry waving for the Spurs fans - TWICE on 21:01 - Aug 24 with 2135 viewsessextaxiboy

Harry waving for the Spurs fans - TWICE on 20:58 - Aug 24 by GloryHunter

You mean "you're"?

The old "focus on the poor grammar and punctuation " retort ..
Harry waving for the Spurs fans - TWICE on 21:31 - Aug 24 with 2020 viewsfrancisbowles

Harry waving for the Spurs fans - TWICE on 20:58 - Aug 24 by GloryHunter

You mean "you're"?

Yes you"re correct. So there is something else you worry about. I would think that grammar and spelling are far more important than 'waves'.
Harry waving for the Spurs fans - TWICE on 21:34 - Aug 24 with 2005 viewsingeminate

Harry waving for the Spurs fans - TWICE on 21:31 - Aug 24 by francisbowles

Yes you"re correct. So there is something else you worry about. I would think that grammar and spelling are far more important than 'waves'.

Doesn't really matter if we get millwall in the cup decen chance holloway would chuck us a wave.

Hughes probably won't.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Harry waving for the Spurs fans - TWICE on 21:35 - Aug 24 with 1993 viewsloftboy

I can understand when he first came out the tunnel, but during the game just after we conceded goals is not on, I would prefer someone who doesn't do all the media work and concentrates solely on OUR team. 1700 people booing him after the second wave can't all be wrong.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Harry waving for the Spurs fans - TWICE on 23:58 - Aug 24 with 1793 viewsfrancisbowles

Harry waving for the Spurs fans - TWICE on 21:35 - Aug 24 by loftboy

I can understand when he first came out the tunnel, but during the game just after we conceded goals is not on, I would prefer someone who doesn't do all the media work and concentrates solely on OUR team. 1700 people booing him after the second wave can't all be wrong.

That's a reasonable view. This board has been much more positive about Harry since the big day but today people are all over him again because of one bad defeat (and a wave or two).

Let's put it to bed now and get back to being supportive of what he is trying to do. I'm sure he must have got the message.
Login to get fewer ads

Harry waving for the Spurs fans - TWICE on 02:48 - Aug 25 with 1698 viewsDylanP

Oh shut up. FFS. 'arry waved. Good god!! Horror of horrors!!!

Pur-lease!!!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Harry waving for the Spurs fans - TWICE on 07:05 - Aug 25 with 1638 viewstimcocking

To me, it would seem weird if he didn't tbh.

if we were twonking a Neil Warnock or Ian Holloway side, i'd still expect them to wave.
Harry waving for the Spurs fans - TWICE on 07:14 - Aug 25 with 1634 viewsloftboy

Harry waving for the Spurs fans - TWICE on 02:48 - Aug 25 by DylanP

Pur-lease!!!

Dylan, if you were there and seen the context it was done in, IE the spurs fans actually sang it sarcastically just to piss us off, then you too would have the hump.

Harry waving for the Spurs fans - TWICE on 08:59 - Aug 25 with 1502 viewsrsonist

“But I’m sitting there watching the game, and I hear them asking me to give them a wave,” he said in defence. “I don’t know which punters are sitting up where, do I? Whether that’s the home fans or the away fans. What’s the big deal anyway, if I give them a wave?”
Harry waving for the Spurs fans - TWICE on 09:01 - Aug 25 with 1491 viewsToast_R

Did he have a white flag in his hand?
Harry waving for the Spurs fans - TWICE on 09:07 - Aug 25 with 1467 viewssmegma

Strange as I didn't hear one person booing.
Harry waving for the Spurs fans - TWICE on 09:08 - Aug 25 with 1468 viewsloftboy

Harry waving for the Spurs fans - TWICE on 09:07 - Aug 25 by smegma

Strange as I didn't hear one person booing.

There certainly was in the lower tier.

Harry waving for the Spurs fans - TWICE on 09:17 - Aug 25 with 1442 viewsgobbles

You will be hard pushed to find any manager in English football who doesn't come running every time TV waves at them. Media work pays well and keeps them in the public eye and earning when they are out of work.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2014 9:18]
Harry waving for the Spurs fans - TWICE on 09:17 - Aug 25 with 1436 viewsDiscodroid

Harry waving for the Spurs fans - TWICE on 02:48 - Aug 25 by DylanP

Pur-lease!!!

"pur-lease"

is that 'agador spaticus' from 'the bird cage??'

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Harry waving for the Spurs fans - TWICE on 09:18 - Aug 25 with 1436 viewsessextaxiboy

Harry waving for the Spurs fans - TWICE on 09:08 - Aug 25 by loftboy

There was , and it was fkin embarassing .
Harry waving for the Spurs fans - TWICE on 09:43 - Aug 25 with 1395 viewsRanger78

I think in isolation a single wave could be forgiven but I'm sure people feel worse about it because it was on top of him sitting in the dug out motionless when his team were getting humiliated.

For me that is worse, even if it's too late to have an impact by shouting instructions, for me, standing in the technical area shows solidarity. It says to me " this is my team, and we're in it together"

Hiding in the dug out comes across as " I really don't give a sh@£". It's that kind of attitude that makes fans feel detached from HR.

On top of the wave, to say in his interview , he doesn't know what fans sit where ??? Please .... come on??

Harry is supposed to be the King of PR, surely he should know better.

Sadly, for me, rather than good PR, too often he gives the impression, he just doesn't care.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2014 9:52]
Harry waving for the Spurs fans - TWICE on 10:00 - Aug 25 with 1345 viewsSpiritofGregory

Don't think that Harry is motivated enough, his contract ends in the summer. He is probably already thinking about his roles as director of football and pundit.

We seem to have a lot of staff who have other project/jobs, we need people at the club who are 100% committed to QPR.
Harry waving for the Spurs fans - TWICE on 10:07 - Aug 25 with 1317 viewspaulparker

Harry waving for the Spurs fans - TWICE on 09:18 - Aug 25 by essextaxiboy

There was , and it was fkin embarassing .

Why is it embarrassing ?
QPR fans paid a shed load to support the team
And yet again are let down by another awful performance
They seem him pandering like an idiot to the spuds fans
They got every right to boo
I'll tell you what is embarrassing is Arry making out he didn't
Know who he was waiving to
He really treats us lot as mugs
The sooner he goes the better

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Harry waving for the Spurs fans - TWICE on 10:16 - Aug 25 with 1289 viewsloftboy

Harry waving for the Spurs fans - TWICE on 10:07 - Aug 25 by paulparker

Why is it embarrassing ?
QPR fans paid a shed load to support the team
And yet again are let down by another awful performance
They seem him pandering like an idiot to the spuds fans
They got every right to boo
I'll tell you what is embarrassing is Arry making out he didn't
Know who he was waiving to
He really treats us lot as mugs
The sooner he goes the better

I'm coming round to this way of thinkng as well. Don't want Hoddle either.

Harry waving for the Spurs fans - TWICE on 10:33 - Aug 25 with 1243 viewssaxbend

I don't see why this is such a conundrum to so many. Obviously Harry was watching on the game (there'd be genuine cause for outrage were he not) so he wasn't looking around to check which fans were singing what. He heard fans singing for a wave and he waved while focussing on what was going on on the pitch.
It's the same old story, every time we have a bad defeat, fans look for every flaw out there and view it as a cancer to be excised permanently.

Same with Richard Dunne. Why is it so difficult just to say what you saw? Namely that he had a bad game? Instead people are extrapolating from that that he'll never play well again. That he's finished, or the cringeworthy cliché du jour "not good enough for the Prem". Never mind his excellent first half against Hull or his performance at Wembley.

What yesterday showed me was a load of players all putting the effort in but with massive failings in decision making and execution. Too many variations between their individual understanding of the game plan and of each other's roles and strength. That will take time to sort out. Obviously we need to hurry up in that regard but that's rue problem as I saw it. It may turn out to be something othet than that over the next few games, but what certainly doesn't work as an analysis is to generalise about the ability of players or efficacy of a system from a sample size of one (or perhaps two, if you disregard the fresh faces thrown in, perhaps too many too soon) game.
Harry waving for the Spurs fans - TWICE on 11:36 - Aug 25 with 1154 viewssmegma

Harry waving for the Spurs fans - TWICE on 09:08 - Aug 25 by loftboy

I was in the lower tier, 4 rows from the back and didn't hear one boo.
Harry waving for the Spurs fans - TWICE on 11:39 - Aug 25 with 1158 viewsbillericaydicky

I was livid with that yesterday.

I spent 5 hours of my Sunday travelling and watching that shite - players couldn't even put in a tackle in the first half - £75 of my hard earned and then Harry decides he'll pander to the Spurs fans and wave to them twice.

I'm sorry but that was taking the piss - wave beforehand by all means, but not as part of the overall piss-take by their fans. If you really want to wave then get out on the touchline and wave at some of those lazy bstards who ran around like it was a training session.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024