Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Perhaps we are not "Awesome" enough 11:20 - Aug 26 with 2769 viewsLewes_r

..For the caliber of player we are trying to get in through the doors , play for us and Keep us up.. to play with an ounce of passion..?

sorry bit of a monday/tuesday morning rant but i can see us stuck in a vicious cycle here

Does the low motivation-big time charlie-rot creep in when you get to a certain level of player at a club the size of ours?

Growing too fast?

Bit of a predicament really, but we find ourselves in the unique situation of having the money to get in players that are good enough to keep us in the league but dont have a Stadium and club/training set-up to match and make the higher level players feel "privileged" to play for us.. Lets admit it, despite the fact we have superb fans our stadium is mickey mouse compared to most in the Prem.. Training facilities are little better with porta-cabins the reality on that front..

We blamed the last terrible season in the prem on Hughes and his ageing mercinaries with a bad attitude but now millions of quid later, we have younger players and about 20 coaches and all ive seen sofar is that maybe there is a danger things could go the same way?.. Maybe we will always sit in this limbo world.. stuck in the corner of a room containing giants ..thumping our chests and shouting in a squeaky voice whislt the poor bastard fans get to pay for the right to witness embarrassing levels of performance and commitment when there is even a sniff of things going pear shaped...

I may scream if i see another well groomed tatoo covered international star stare blankly after an eager interviewer asks what made him want to sign for such a great club..

Anyway enough of this .. Im off to watch a DVD of the 03/04 season

[Post edited 26 Aug 2014 11:24]

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Perhaps we are not "Awesome" enough on 11:28 - Aug 26 with 2745 viewsadhoc_qpr

Plenty of other clubs have poor facilities and set ups but manage to foster a great team spirit and unity.

Equally, clubs like Sunderland have absolutely top draw facilities but have been consistently poor under their last 3 or 4 managers (until Poyet).

Redknapp is deservedly getting a bashing after Sunday, but the players were equally hopeless and we know they are not all bad sorts.

Clearly the malaise and rot at the club we thought had been washed away with promotion and the exit of Bosingwa/Cesar/Mbia/Granero et al is still present.

We need to break the cycle and actually play some positive football trying to win matches.
Perhaps we are not "Awesome" enough on 11:31 - Aug 26 with 2737 viewsMytch_QPR

I imagine it's difficult to get the 'right sort', Lewes.
We can't pretend to be something we are not - I think the players we need are the type who want to prove themselves and maybe step up to a bigger club. To be fair, most of the signings (Rio aside and he will only go for one season) kind of fit that bill.

I've always thought that the club suits maverick players - like Rodney. Sadly, this has not been the case with Adel (sorry to mention him again!) and so far Barton does not seem to have stepped up the plate with the captaincy role.

The other problem we are going to have - potentially - is that players see us a yo-yo club, so they won't want to sign contracts with reduced pay if we are relegated. It's a balancing act, for sure - how to buy the best available with the facilities and income that we have at our disposal.
These players have not all become bad players overnight. More work is needed on the training ground and we have to get a win in the next 2-3 games.

Saying all of that, this sort of thread has appeared and re-appeared in the past. There is no magic solution - we can only hope that the squad pull together and play to their full potential.

Onwards!

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Perhaps we are not "Awesome" enough on 11:38 - Aug 26 with 2716 viewsjonno

I can't see how any professional footballer doesn't put the effort in on the pitch just because he doesn't think the training facilities are up to scratch or the stadium is too small or old fashioned.
Perhaps we are not "Awesome" enough on 12:05 - Aug 26 with 2654 viewsLewes_r

Perhaps we are not "Awesome" enough on 11:38 - Aug 26 by jonno

I can't see how any professional footballer doesn't put the effort in on the pitch just because he doesn't think the training facilities are up to scratch or the stadium is too small or old fashioned.

I think its more of a subconscious thing on that front.. maybe im imagining it.. just trying to get my head around the fact that we seem to be turning decent players into surrender monkeys on a regular basis

it is difficult to find a balance but perhaps we are getting too many players in too fast yet again and maybe we do have to (not that we want to) Yo Yo (west brom style) just to grow sustainably

Perhaps we are not "Awesome" enough on 12:12 - Aug 26 with 2635 viewsisawqpratwcity

Perhaps we are not "Awesome" enough on 12:05 - Aug 26 by Lewes_r

I think its more of a subconscious thing on that front.. maybe im imagining it.. just trying to get my head around the fact that we seem to be turning decent players into surrender monkeys on a regular basis

it is difficult to find a balance but perhaps we are getting too many players in too fast yet again and maybe we do have to (not that we want to) Yo Yo (west brom style) just to grow sustainably

tbf, a bit early to be talking about 'turning decent players' when they've only been in the club weeks or even days.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Perhaps we are not "Awesome" enough on 12:15 - Aug 26 with 2627 viewsQPR_John

Perhaps we are not "Awesome" enough on 11:28 - Aug 26 by adhoc_qpr

Plenty of other clubs have poor facilities and set ups but manage to foster a great team spirit and unity.

Equally, clubs like Sunderland have absolutely top draw facilities but have been consistently poor under their last 3 or 4 managers (until Poyet).

Redknapp is deservedly getting a bashing after Sunday, but the players were equally hopeless and we know they are not all bad sorts.

Clearly the malaise and rot at the club we thought had been washed away with promotion and the exit of Bosingwa/Cesar/Mbia/Granero et al is still present.

We need to break the cycle and actually play some positive football trying to win matches.

"Redknapp is deservedly getting a bashing after Sunday, but the players were equally hopeless and we know they are not all bad sorts. "

I was not at the game so have not commented but from what I read Isla and Fer did not have enough game time behind them, if I am wrong please correct me. It was Redknapp that picked these players when there was no real need. There might just be an argument for Isla as a wing back but no reason at all why Fer should have replaced Faurlin.
Perhaps we are not "Awesome" enough on 12:23 - Aug 26 with 2601 viewsLewes_r

Perhaps we are not "Awesome" enough on 12:12 - Aug 26 by isawqpratwcity

tbf, a bit early to be talking about 'turning decent players' when they've only been in the club weeks or even days.

True.. lets hope the snowball of despair doesnt get any momentum! as im looking forward to seeing what Vargas can offer tbf

Perhaps we are not "Awesome" enough on 12:28 - Aug 26 with 2579 viewsisawqpratwcity

Perhaps we are not "Awesome" enough on 12:23 - Aug 26 by Lewes_r

True.. lets hope the snowball of despair doesnt get any momentum! as im looking forward to seeing what Vargas can offer tbf

has anyone mentioned how good the vargas girls were in 'playboy' (showing my age)?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024