Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does Clint Hill sum up where we are? 19:52 - Sep 15 with 3146 viewsNoDiddley

Arry would call him a terrific professional, top man, trains, competes like the ultimate, would want your kid to be like him, dedicated, plays for the team......
Harry he's too fooking slow, gave away a needless foul on Sunday so the Mancs score from it.
Don't get me wrong Clint is the bloke you want in the trenches with yer but a premiership full back?
I'm prepared to dodge the bullets!!!!
Does Clint Hill sum up where we are? on 20:14 - Sep 15 with 2220 viewsNorthLondonR

I dare say he's the same full back that kept Johnson in his back pocket two weeks prior but agree you pick your wars.

Not sure you can pin that goal on him however, if it didn't go in and we defended a set piece properly... But fair point hopefully '@rry will pick his battles more wisely in future.
Does Clint Hill sum up where we are? on 20:21 - Sep 15 with 2187 viewsdaveB

I blame Green for being so flat footed for that 1st goal rather than Hill. I still think Hill can do a job for us, he was excellent against Sunderland and did ok yesterday but he's not a long term option in that position
Does Clint Hill sum up where we are? on 20:22 - Sep 15 with 2185 viewsEalingRanger

I don't really think he's up to it at this level anymore. Traore was impressive when he came on yesterday and should start on Saturday. Obviously you get a load of cr@p for pointing this out.
Does Clint Hill sum up where we are? on 20:32 - Sep 15 with 2163 viewsPunteR

I think he does. In the premier league!.

None of our players are top 4 standard,but Hill has helped get us in the prem twice now and didn't do too bad the last time we was here. Time is catching up with him but I can't think of a better captain to lead out at Old Trafford.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Does Clint Hill sum up where we are? on 21:48 - Sep 15 with 2062 viewstimcocking

Be careful; tell the truth on this site and people rip the piss ouit of you...
Does Clint Hill sum up where we are? on 22:22 - Sep 15 with 1967 viewsTW_R

Does Clint Hill sum up where we are? on 20:21 - Sep 15 by daveB

I blame Green for being so flat footed for that 1st goal rather than Hill. I still think Hill can do a job for us, he was excellent against Sunderland and did ok yesterday but he's not a long term option in that position

I normally agree with most of what you write Dave, but not on this one. It was a poor challenge from Hill and one he didn't need to make.

Green was positioned exactly how he should've been for the free-kick, but he couldn't know where that ball was going to end up until it had cleared the player's head. But as that was about 7 yards out he had no time to react, particularly as it ended up in the corner.

Maybe he could've done better for the Rooney goal, but the defence was shocking, so I think it would be a bit harsh on Green to blame him.
Does Clint Hill sum up where we are? on 22:25 - Sep 15 with 1952 viewsAntti_Heinola

Clint subbed himself twice at the end of last season because Redknapp didn't have the balls to go with the correct option at LB. In mitigation, Traore at LB isn't massively palatable, but even so, I think he's a better option than Clint, and I LOVE Clint. He can still do a job for us on an occasional basis on the left of a back 3, but not as a left back - he knows that and he's said it and being saying it for 18 months. We got away with it v Sunderland because Hoilett did a superb job getting up and down the line and covering Clint - but away at Man U is a different proposition.

Bare bones.

Does Clint Hill sum up where we are? on 23:13 - Sep 15 with 1887 viewsBklynRanger

If Harry STILL doesn't trust Yun he should've tried to get Jenkinson in from Arsenal. Maybe he did, who really knows?

Green and Ferdinand should probably have done more to have pushed everyone out for that first goal, imo. You ideally want to avoid DiMaria pinging it onto someone's bonce from 7 yards in the first place.
Login to get fewer ads

Does Clint Hill sum up where we are? on 23:16 - Sep 15 with 1881 viewsPunteR

Does Clint Hill sum up where we are? on 22:22 - Sep 15 by TW_R

I normally agree with most of what you write Dave, but not on this one. It was a poor challenge from Hill and one he didn't need to make.

Green was positioned exactly how he should've been for the free-kick, but he couldn't know where that ball was going to end up until it had cleared the player's head. But as that was about 7 yards out he had no time to react, particularly as it ended up in the corner.

Maybe he could've done better for the Rooney goal, but the defence was shocking, so I think it would be a bit harsh on Green to blame him.

It was a poor challenge but it wasn't why we lost the game. Those tackles happen every single football match.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Does Clint Hill sum up where we are? on 01:39 - Sep 16 with 1795 viewsjamois

Does Clint Hill sum up where we are? on 23:16 - Sep 15 by PunteR

It was a poor challenge but it wasn't why we lost the game. Those tackles happen every single football match.

Yes, but it takes nothing away from the fact he's still no place being a LB in the premier league. I also love him, top bloke n all that, but it's mental he's still being selected there.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Does Clint Hill sum up where we are? on 08:06 - Sep 16 with 1696 viewswestberksr

Hill has stated he isn't up to LB regularly in the prem but if asked will do his utmost to play the role for the team.

Traore looked OK in that united were 3 up and coasting, so he had it easy and used his pace to pose a few problems. 2 weeks ago Hill did a job on a England international and we won.

He isn't really the issue, its the tactics and inept attitude of the rest of the team and management.

Redknapp sums up where we are
Does Clint Hill sum up where we are? on 08:32 - Sep 16 with 1660 viewsM40R

No one has mentioned Yuk-Sung. Is he not in the 25? He was electric against Wigan at home in the play-off SF but seems to have dropped off the radar.
Does Clint Hill sum up where we are? on 09:15 - Sep 16 with 1607 viewsDiscodroids

Does Clint Hill sum up where we are? on 22:25 - Sep 15 by Antti_Heinola

Clint subbed himself twice at the end of last season because Redknapp didn't have the balls to go with the correct option at LB. In mitigation, Traore at LB isn't massively palatable, but even so, I think he's a better option than Clint, and I LOVE Clint. He can still do a job for us on an occasional basis on the left of a back 3, but not as a left back - he knows that and he's said it and being saying it for 18 months. We got away with it v Sunderland because Hoilett did a superb job getting up and down the line and covering Clint - but away at Man U is a different proposition.

in full agreement.

as unpalatable as it is for some on here, A king has his reign, and then he dies. It's inevitable. That is natural order of things.

i would say clint is now a mid table championship center half , a lionheart who never shirks his call of duty, even ones of suicide when called upon by colonel kurtz harold.

unfortunately , harold put all his eggs in one basket with a three man defence system of play in preseason which then imploded in our SECOND game of the season.

being the long term vision master that harold is , he simply never had a back up plan for this not working.

the evidence is clear for all to see, he has never shown any confidence , any faith in yun as our first choice leftback .ever.

that leaves us with sponge bob traore..a man so bereft in mental strength , confidence and any acumen whatsoever to play the left back defensive position.

the anti peter hans briegel. Peter tatchell on qualuudes would fancy his chances on a square go with this artful dodger.

that leaves with our lionheart clint. a stout yeoman yes, a left back in 2014???, do me a favour.

we have jordon , bond and now hoddle at the club, could this not been foretold
by our 3 witches of eastcheap.

this probably seems more treacherous than a kim philby letter to the kremlin in invisible ink but clint himself acknowledges his limitations, we should too.

a minister with portfolio as defensive/mentor / coach position should be made available to him with dignity and his head held high as a rangers legend.

due to the poor start to the season and abandoned formations , ive no doubt that left harold scrambling around on transfer dead line day , spreading himself to thin on too many targets , a left back, an athletic defensive midfielder, a creative midfielder and a forward.

oh , and we also managed to offload a hard working competent at this level right back and entrust ourselves entirely in a chilean wing back..( i think chile has been flavour of the month for harold and his team)

the result no forward , no left back worth his place in the squad , sandro(jurys out for me) and niko bloody krancjr, a man who could offer himself to any premiership chairmans wife as a richard gere american giggolo for extra marital fun and still have no takers. a one horse race that signature.

the jason king of the premiership.

im putting my cats lottie and maurice in a wicker man and praying harold brings in yun , ned and that mutch and barton are availble from there hamstring injurys they somehow aquired in two weeks off.

i realise our ernest hemmingway , Rio would have to be clinically dead or writing his memoirs of manchester utd in 50 different languages for him to be dropped for the scales to fall from harolds eyes to even entertain ned as a center back partner to caulker.

id bring in mcarthy as well, aside sunderland , greeno looks flat footed to me .

a shake up is required.

i can stomach harold being here till the end of the season, but why do we entertain the carrion that is jordan and bond . who else would have them??

they should be left outside in a comfy cardboard box, by the shepherds bush branch of oxfam overnight.

failing that a skip round the back of icelands with the out of date findus pancakes for the 'freegans will do.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2014 9:46]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Does Clint Hill sum up where we are? on 09:27 - Sep 16 with 1595 viewsrsonist

Yun has supposedly been injured and will be in the first team when he returns imminently.

Clint Hill was very far down the list of issues on Sunday.
Does Clint Hill sum up where we are? on 09:38 - Sep 16 with 1581 viewspaulparker

Does Clint Hill sum up where we are? on 09:15 - Sep 16 by Discodroids

in full agreement.

as unpalatable as it is for some on here, A king has his reign, and then he dies. It's inevitable. That is natural order of things.

i would say clint is now a mid table championship center half , a lionheart who never shirks his call of duty, even ones of suicide when called upon by colonel kurtz harold.

unfortunately , harold put all his eggs in one basket with a three man defence system of play in preseason which then imploded in our SECOND game of the season.

being the long term vision master that harold is , he simply never had a back up plan for this not working.

the evidence is clear for all to see, he has never shown any confidence , any faith in yun as our first choice leftback .ever.

that leaves us with sponge bob traore..a man so bereft in mental strength , confidence and any acumen whatsoever to play the left back defensive position.

the anti peter hans briegel. Peter tatchell on qualuudes would fancy his chances on a square go with this artful dodger.

that leaves with our lionheart clint. a stout yeoman yes, a left back in 2014???, do me a favour.

we have jordon , bond and now hoddle at the club, could this not been foretold
by our 3 witches of eastcheap.

this probably seems more treacherous than a kim philby letter to the kremlin in invisible ink but clint himself acknowledges his limitations, we should too.

a minister with portfolio as defensive/mentor / coach position should be made available to him with dignity and his head held high as a rangers legend.

due to the poor start to the season and abandoned formations , ive no doubt that left harold scrambling around on transfer dead line day , spreading himself to thin on too many targets , a left back, an athletic defensive midfielder, a creative midfielder and a forward.

oh , and we also managed to offload a hard working competent at this level right back and entrust ourselves entirely in a chilean wing back..( i think chile has been flavour of the month for harold and his team)

the result no forward , no left back worth his place in the squad , sandro(jurys out for me) and niko bloody krancjr, a man who could offer himself to any premiership chairmans wife as a richard gere american giggolo for extra marital fun and still have no takers. a one horse race that signature.

the jason king of the premiership.

im putting my cats lottie and maurice in a wicker man and praying harold brings in yun , ned and that mutch and barton are availble from there hamstring injurys they somehow aquired in two weeks off.

i realise our ernest hemmingway , Rio would have to be clinically dead or writing his memoirs of manchester utd in 50 different languages for him to be dropped for the scales to fall from harolds eyes to even entertain ned as a center back partner to caulker.

id bring in mcarthy as well, aside sunderland , greeno looks flat footed to me .

a shake up is required.

i can stomach harold being here till the end of the season, but why do we entertain the carrion that is jordan and bond . who else would have them??

they should be left outside in a comfy cardboard box, by the shepherds bush branch of oxfam overnight.

failing that a skip round the back of icelands with the out of date findus pancakes for the 'freegans will do.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2014 9:46]

Bang on my old mate

Just think HR nearly sold Traore (who I don't really rate) as well, then what ??
he clearly doesn't rate Yun, so we have to make do with clint at LB who lets face it is always going to struggle at old Trafford even ray Charles could see that
against Utd we should have gone with 3-5-2,
also Ned & caulker our are strongest CB's , so lets start fcuking playing them
sorry but Rio has been shi&e since he signed
and don't get me started on Niko
watching west ham vs Hull last night made me think we are in for a hard winter
the attacking options they have is far superior to what we have
gawd help us if Charlie gets injured , yet again we were chasing our tail looking for a striker , for the money we would have spent on Borrini why didn't we get Deeney we are so lacking pace upfront , especially away from home
Saturday is a must win , so my team would see a formation of 4-3-1-2

GK- Green
LB- Traore
CB- NED
CB-Caulker
RB - Isla
DCM- Sandro
CM -Barton
CM- Mutch
AM- Tarbs
STR- Austin
STR- Vargas

get the full backs pushing up & down the flanks, sandro covering the defence when we do, we need to win this

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Does Clint Hill sum up where we are? on 09:42 - Sep 16 with 1570 viewsJamie

Said last time we were here he shouldn't have been on the pitch, this time three is no excuse.

I love the guy, his commitment and passion for the club. I'd give him a statue outside Air Asia stadium and his choice of roles within the club. But come on now, we've blown £200m+ on players and are still playing Hill out of position at LB.
Does Clint Hill sum up where we are? on 09:45 - Sep 16 with 1566 viewsjohnhoop

Spot on. Traore did well when he came on as an attacking force but does anybody really think he's the answer at left back in defence. Clint had an excellent game against Sunderland and on Sunday I wouldn't have said that he was any more of a liability than "Mr Manchester United" in the middle of our defence.
Does Clint Hill sum up where we are? on 09:49 - Sep 16 with 1555 viewsjohnhoop

Does Clint Hill sum up where we are? on 09:45 - Sep 16 by johnhoop

Spot on. Traore did well when he came on as an attacking force but does anybody really think he's the answer at left back in defence. Clint had an excellent game against Sunderland and on Sunday I wouldn't have said that he was any more of a liability than "Mr Manchester United" in the middle of our defence.

Reason I started with "Spot on" in the above post was because I was replying to WestberksR's post.
Does Clint Hill sum up where we are? on 09:56 - Sep 16 with 1536 viewsDiscodroids

as someone said earlier yun will come in saturday against stoke if fit, as if its some masterplan by harold and he has always been the first choice.

a first choice that wasnt entrusted to play at wembley, a first choice that was superb at middlesbourgh then dropped, a first choice that wasnt entrusted in the play offs until clint ASKED to come off.

the majority of us know he should have been first choice.there isnt a jot of evidence to suggest harold believes that to be the case.

christ, the man even played richard dunne over ned v spurs!!!!. a descison that frank maloney window paining hormone replacement therapy into his eyes wouldnt have made

he will be in the side by harolds default not harolds design.

poor, poor planning /foresight in this particular case.

[Post edited 16 Sep 2014 9:59]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Does Clint Hill sum up where we are? on 10:25 - Sep 16 with 1506 viewsLoft1979

Does Clint Hill sum up where we are? on 08:32 - Sep 16 by M40R

No one has mentioned Yuk-Sung. Is he not in the 25? He was electric against Wigan at home in the play-off SF but seems to have dropped off the radar.

Yun: Hardly off the radar. Played in U21 last night (gave away a HB). Yun is our only LB if you consider clint is a CB and Traore a winger. Yun was poached at the deadline but HR said 'No'.
Traore: When has he played well? ...answer is largely as an impact sub. As a LB he is a massive liability & always out of position.
Clint: Singled out by HR...where better to start the critique than the captain. I expect Clint WILL respond as will all the QPR team, especially if JB plays.
Does Clint Hill sum up where we are? on 10:25 - Sep 16 with 1505 viewswestberksr

Does Clint Hill sum up where we are? on 09:49 - Sep 16 by johnhoop

Reason I started with "Spot on" in the above post was because I was replying to WestberksR's post.

why thank you; the recognition is gratefully received!

as a centre back turned left back turned centre back i have a hell of a lot of sympathy for Clint Hill. the last thing he wants is being turned and run at by a £60 million winger. his strength at his time of life is on the edge of the area throwing himself into blocks and winning aerial battles.

would Rooney have had that much space if Hill had been there marking him, or the Ex scummer for the fourth? there would have been no back turning half hearted challenge, he'd have thrown himself in front of it and made rooney work a lot harder. When it comes to outright defending (and none of the other required attributes of a modern CB such as a column in the Sun), i think he is still probably the best in the squad.

i think Traaore has all of the attributes to be a decent left back, but just seems to not have whatever that final piece of the puzzle is in his locker.
Does Clint Hill sum up where we are? on 10:52 - Sep 16 with 1484 viewsDiscodroids

clint certainly done a job in the home game vs sunderland, but i can certainly remember him being turned inside out by adam johnson by the ellerslie road touchline ...no shame in that, but we somehow need to get by now until the january window, as i dont see harry having any Confidence whatsoever in yun.

thats if we have any change from unloading 6 million holy beans of harry on a 32 year old defoe.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2014 10:55]

Does Clint Hill sum up where we are? on 11:09 - Sep 16 with 1466 viewsEastR

The sooner Yun is available at LB the better

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Does Clint Hill sum up where we are? on 14:36 - Sep 16 with 1320 viewsDiscodroids

cresswell looks a good little player for west ham. again, what was the back up plan if the 3-5-2 went tits up??. there was zero preperation or contigency for this.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2014 14:38]

Does Clint Hill sum up where we are? on 14:52 - Sep 16 with 1302 viewspaulparker

Does Clint Hill sum up where we are? on 14:36 - Sep 16 by Discodroids

cresswell looks a good little player for west ham. again, what was the back up plan if the 3-5-2 went tits up??. there was zero preperation or contigency for this.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2014 14:38]

back up plan Disco ?? , nah mate just give this a spin,
its got all the answers !

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024