Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Premiership 10yr Table 15:06 - Sep 22 with 1301 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Are we really entitled to whinge? I'm no fan of Redknapp or Fernandes (for off the pitch reasons) but I do wonder where these fans who feel we are entitled to success have sprung from.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/all-time-table/10-ye
[Post edited 22 Sep 2014 15:07]
Premiership 10yr Table on 15:12 - Sep 22 with 1276 viewsadhoc_qpr

We've not been in the prem for most of those years, so that seems pretty pointless?

We're not entitled to success, but our ability to buy failure is hugely frustrating...
Premiership 10yr Table on 15:18 - Sep 22 with 1248 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Premiership 10yr Table on 15:12 - Sep 22 by adhoc_qpr

We've not been in the prem for most of those years, so that seems pretty pointless?

We're not entitled to success, but our ability to buy failure is hugely frustrating...

The fact we haven't been in the league furthers my point. These are the golden years for fans of my generation . I'm a relatively young ST holder at 29, premiership football isn't QPR's natural setting.

Didn't spot much complaint when the signings where hauled in.

Few digs at Ulloa though.....
[Post edited 22 Sep 2014 15:22]
Premiership 10yr Table on 15:21 - Sep 22 with 1230 viewssimmo

Who said anything about wanting success?!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Premiership 10yr Table on 15:22 - Sep 22 with 1226 viewsrichranger

Only 8 teams have been in Prem for all 10 years...
Premiership 10yr Table on 15:24 - Sep 22 with 1219 viewsAntti_Heinola

Exactly! Who has been demanding success?
All we want is decent football, some tactics, a plan, and some decent coaching. No one's demanding we finish 10th, even.

Bare bones.

Premiership 10yr Table on 15:27 - Sep 22 with 1208 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Not much then. Just the same as every other football club in existence.
Premiership 10yr Table on 15:28 - Sep 22 with 1203 viewsJuzzie

I don't recall anyone saying we're entitled.

I do recall agasts at the amount of dross we have bought for vast sums of money, poor coaching (remember the infamous Mark Bowen "defenders don't need coaching" comments), no Plan A let alone a Plan B, giving up before games have even started and so on.
Premiership 10yr Table on 16:49 - Sep 22 with 1068 viewsWatfordR

Premiership 10yr Table on 15:28 - Sep 22 by Juzzie

I do recall agasts at the amount of dross we have bought for vast sums of money, poor coaching (remember the infamous Mark Bowen "defenders don't need coaching" comments), no Plan A let alone a Plan B, giving up before games have even started and so on.

I do find it amazing that, whilst most fans accept (I think) the majority of British footballers are technically inferior to their continental counterparts, lazier than their continental counterparts, and thicker than their continental counterparts, it then comes as a surprise when they are found lacking tactically and technically as managers and coaches.

Hughes and his coaching team were found lacking, and Redknapp and his cronies have been exposed as similarly hopeless tactically. It isn't as if we don't now have pace throughout the squad, but we are miles off the tempo of the rest of the Prem. There is a lack of aggression and intent in our play, that even Leicester coming out of the Championship have shown in their play.

I'm not having it that our squad is inferior to at least 7 or 8 other clubs in the Prem, although spending the window buying players to suit one system and then abandoning that system after two games and leaving resulting gaps in our squad is plain incompetent.

Some on here will tell you that HR's only remit this season is to stay up by whatever means necessary, and that justifies going to places like Spurs and Ure and raising the white flag to the blatant disrespect of the thousands of fans who spend time and money travelling to support the team. Utter bolx IMO. Build a plan and culture amongst the squad and the club generally that echoes what QPR always were in the top flight, a fcking nasty little rash that irritated the life out of the big boys year in and year out, and we'll be alright with this squad with no difficulty. But I don't expect HR or his crew to have the ability to do that, beacuse that would require more of HR and his backroom hangers on have about them.
Login to get fewer ads

Premiership 10yr Table on 16:52 - Sep 22 with 1064 viewsDylanP

Premiership 10yr Table on 15:28 - Sep 22 by Juzzie

Mark Bowen hasn't been a QPR coach for a couple f years now. How is thta relevant?

Caulker is not dross. Mutch is not dross. Fer is not dross. Most of the Hughes era dross have been moved out. It is hard to point any any of Rednapp's signings and call them dross. Obviously, every new hire is a gamble and when you are QPR there are no guarantees, so some of the desperation loans were disappointing, but most of the Rednapp hires have worked out.

If people don't feel entitled, then how is it that 5 games into our promotion season people are already squarking about changing the manager? That is ridiculous. Everyone knew this was going to be a hard season. This is what a hard season looks like.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Premiership 10yr Table on 17:00 - Sep 22 with 1036 viewssimmo

Premiership 10yr Table on 16:52 - Sep 22 by DylanP

Mark Bowen hasn't been a QPR coach for a couple f years now. How is thta relevant?

Caulker is not dross. Mutch is not dross. Fer is not dross. Most of the Hughes era dross have been moved out. It is hard to point any any of Rednapp's signings and call them dross. Obviously, every new hire is a gamble and when you are QPR there are no guarantees, so some of the desperation loans were disappointing, but most of the Rednapp hires have worked out.

If people don't feel entitled, then how is it that 5 games into our promotion season people are already squarking about changing the manager? That is ridiculous. Everyone knew this was going to be a hard season. This is what a hard season looks like.

A hard season by way of RESULTS is very different to a hard season by way of PERFORMANCES. Do you understand that? Nobody gives a hairy fck that we are more than likely going to lose a lot of games this year because we will be reguarly facing superior opposition with resources far in excess of our own, what people do care about is the lack of basics even the most lowly of teams can do something about. Application, organisation, fitness, desire, work ethic, cohesion, spirit. Every club of our size should have these attributes first and foremost, when you add some genuine quality into the mix, such as the names you've mentioned there, it should equate to actually being quite competitive in this league.

Whilst we won't always be able to get the best result, we should always ALWAYS be able to give teams a game and if you are to take points from us, it should never be easy. Certainly not as easy as Tottenham and United found it.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Premiership 10yr Table on 18:17 - Sep 22 with 937 viewsMatch82

I think what's interesting here is that Caulker, Mutch and Fer were all lauded as playing very well last year in Premier League teams that were in a relegation battle - a very comparable situation. If they aren't performing for QPR then it must be down to the tactics, or motivation, both of which fall under Harry's responsibilities.

For the record, I think Caulker has started pretty brightly and there have been flashes from the other two - I still have confidence that all 3 of them will come good this year.
Premiership 10yr Table on 23:59 - Sep 22 with 767 viewsJuzzie

It's relevant because it's within the 10 year time frame in the subject line.

I never said Caulker, Mutch etc were dross. However, players we have signed in the past (within that 10 year time frame) were, lots of them.
Premiership 10yr Table on 00:25 - Sep 23 with 740 viewschris1969

But can we move above Wolves into 26th place....38 points required. I like the sentiment of the OP, as bad as the football and tactics have been we are in a good place.
Premiership 10yr Table on 03:54 - Sep 23 with 699 viewsQPR_ARG

"Caulker is not dross. Mutch is not dross. Fer is not dross."

I'll tell you what's dross: Harry Redknapp's football team.

Numbers and performances back my statement.

And that furthers another point: if the players are not dross, yet we won 5 of 29 Premier League matches with Harry...then what is the freaking cause of our pathetic league position in the Premier League under Harry?

And enough of this "Harry had no time to turn that season around" nonsense. Never bought it, never will.
Premiership 10yr Table on 15:50 - Sep 23 with 569 viewsthemodfather

so in just over 2 full seasons and the 5 this..we have just won 15 prem games and conceded 130+ goals
maybe sums up the apathy and low expectation this season?
and the money spent in those seasons? add wages? for very little .
the board have backed managers, have backed players with good contracts
but with all the ins/outs we are not settled. and results are just sad reading.
chuck in cup results it would be worse.
Premiership 10yr Table on 20:18 - Sep 23 with 503 viewshoopstilidie

There was football before the Prem, I don't give a hoot what "records" they choose to allocate to a simple 10 year period, what's the point of that?

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/All-TimeTopFlightPointsTable1888-89to2010-11.html

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024