Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anything less 3 points on Monday 21:17 - Oct 26 with 1189 viewswombat

And is it time to wave Harry off into the sunset ?

For me sorry his times up

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Anything less 3 points on Monday on 21:21 - Oct 26 with 1172 viewsHollowayRanger

what if the ref sends off one of our's in the first 5 mins and our 10 play brilliantly for a draw ?

need 3 points from next 3 games for me and 20 by January

that's 16 points from 11 games

then still 19 games and January transfers for whatever else points we need

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Anything less 3 points on Monday on 21:38 - Oct 26 with 1134 viewsdaveB

A win tomorrow and we're right in touching distance of about 7 teams, lose and we're in massive trouble when you look at our next 2 after this one
Anything less 3 points on Monday on 21:50 - Oct 26 with 1104 viewsRangersDave

Anything less 3 points on Monday on 21:38 - Oct 26 by daveB

A win tomorrow and we're right in touching distance of about 7 teams, lose and we're in massive trouble when you look at our next 2 after this one

Massive trouble already mate.

If we lose tomorrow it would have to be the final straw, but I've a feeling Tony will keep with him, rather like a blind man being led by a drunken Labrador in the vain hope he will steer him home safely!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Anything less 3 points on Monday on 22:00 - Oct 26 with 1076 viewsderbyhoop

Go on. Pile on the pressure.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Anything less 3 points on Monday on 22:06 - Oct 26 with 1045 viewsHunterhoop

Anything less 3 points on Monday on 22:00 - Oct 26 by derbyhoop

The key here is our run after Chelsea and City. That's our season there. About 9 games with just Arsenal away as one to assume nil points. The rest have points available.

Given that, we either need to be bang on track by then OR already have a new manager in place AND have been working with the squad for the two week international break which follows the City game ahead of this run.

Given that, the question is, if we lose tomorrow, should you give a new chap an extra two games and two weeks to judge the players for himself in game situations AND pray a new manager bounce helps us rob a point off someone?

I think given all the above you can't justify sticking with Redknapp if we fail to win. We'll likely move to 11 games and 4 points with that good run to come. Why not give the new guy more time ahead of that run??
Anything less 3 points on Monday on 22:07 - Oct 26 with 1044 viewsdaveB

depends on performance as well tomorrow night, I personally think the earliest Redknapp will go will be after the City game but if we are not good tomorrow then that would possibly change
Anything less 3 points on Monday on 22:38 - Oct 26 with 994 viewsLblock

Can we just sack him AND bag the three points?

Southampton sacked a very popular and quite well performing manager in Adkins and went into orbit
They obviously had been lining Pinnochio up for a while previous

Would the Bungle Brothers really be as pragmatic and considered?

Nah.......

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Anything less 3 points on Monday on 03:02 - Oct 27 with 891 viewsFredManRave

Anything less 3 points on Monday on 22:07 - Oct 26 by daveB

depends on performance as well tomorrow night, I personally think the earliest Redknapp will go will be after the City game but if we are not good tomorrow then that would possibly change

Agree. We're still at the stage of the season where the performance matters more than the result, imo and I said the same before the Liverpool game as well. Nobody, well almost nobody, can deny the performance put in against Liverpool and I hope for the same again tonight although obviously with a different result this time.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Login to get fewer ads

Anything less 3 points on Monday on 13:52 - Oct 27 with 683 viewsPinnerPaul

Here's an idea why not BEFORE every ****** game we post a thread that says

a) This is a MUST win and

b) If we don't win this Harry goes

of course what happens when the inevitable happens is that a) is forgotten (until the next game and then we have

c) Time for Harry to go threads - that rumbles on for a few days when that doesn't happen we then have the

d) Time for Tony to go threads

Want to win tonight just to break the above cylce , won't stop C) or D) of course but might delay them for a day or two!
Anything less 3 points on Monday on 14:08 - Oct 27 with 660 viewsRangersw12

Anything less 3 points on Monday on 13:52 - Oct 27 by PinnerPaul

Here's an idea why not BEFORE every ****** game we post a thread that says

a) This is a MUST win and

b) If we don't win this Harry goes

of course what happens when the inevitable happens is that a) is forgotten (until the next game and then we have

c) Time for Harry to go threads - that rumbles on for a few days when that doesn't happen we then have the

d) Time for Tony to go threads

Want to win tonight just to break the above cylce , won't stop C) or D) of course but might delay them for a day or two!

Well somebody clearly got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning.....
Anything less 3 points on Monday on 14:14 - Oct 27 with 658 viewspaulparker

he should have gone after Forrest away on boxing day last year
its not about tonight if he loses, the performances against Spurs, west ham, Man Utd ^& Burton this season deserve the tin tac alone
add that to one of the most boring seasons ever last year ( yes I know we won the play offs) with some of the worst away displays witnessed ever (inclunding sparkless here)
and those who said spurs were a great team this year and how it wasnt a disgrace to lose to them look a bit silly now

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Anything less 3 points on Monday on 14:55 - Oct 27 with 631 viewsPinnerPaul

Anything less 3 points on Monday on 14:08 - Oct 27 by Rangersw12

Well somebody clearly got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning.....

I was alright until I logged on here!
Anything less 3 points on Monday on 15:05 - Oct 27 with 608 viewsBklynRanger

Anything less 3 points on Monday on 22:06 - Oct 26 by Hunterhoop

The key here is our run after Chelsea and City. That's our season there. About 9 games with just Arsenal away as one to assume nil points. The rest have points available.

Given that, we either need to be bang on track by then OR already have a new manager in place AND have been working with the squad for the two week international break which follows the City game ahead of this run.

Given that, the question is, if we lose tomorrow, should you give a new chap an extra two games and two weeks to judge the players for himself in game situations AND pray a new manager bounce helps us rob a point off someone?

I think given all the above you can't justify sticking with Redknapp if we fail to win. We'll likely move to 11 games and 4 points with that good run to come. Why not give the new guy more time ahead of that run??

And just to add to the conundrum, there's a Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday against Leicester, Swansea and Burnley in there. So even if TF finally decided to sack him after Scum-City-Newcastle-Leicester the new manager would have to come in and immediately oversee two games in five days.

So as far as I can see, if Redknapp does get the sack it will either have to be after a stinker of a performance tonight or not until after the Burnley match on 6th December with Everton away the next game on the 15th.

Just a bit of Monday morning doom and gloom from me. Maybe I should go for a run.
Anything less 3 points on Monday on 15:57 - Oct 27 with 567 viewsHunterhoop

Anything less 3 points on Monday on 15:05 - Oct 27 by BklynRanger

And just to add to the conundrum, there's a Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday against Leicester, Swansea and Burnley in there. So even if TF finally decided to sack him after Scum-City-Newcastle-Leicester the new manager would have to come in and immediately oversee two games in five days.

So as far as I can see, if Redknapp does get the sack it will either have to be after a stinker of a performance tonight or not until after the Burnley match on 6th December with Everton away the next game on the 15th.

Just a bit of Monday morning doom and gloom from me. Maybe I should go for a run.

But then you've burnt Leicester, Swansea and Burnley. We don't want to burn the training ground opportunity that two week break presents either.

If you're remotely considering him not being the right man, then, if you're TF, you should sack him after tonight or after the City game, providing a replacement is lined up and ready to go and ready to work with the squad for two weeks. Unless of course we win tonight and play really well. And follow it up with two good performances (if no points) against the two big boys.

To not act if we're poor tonight and don't improve before the break is silly. The points required per game to get to 39 will start becoming top 10 form. It's be 2012/13 all over again.
Anything less 3 points on Monday on 16:18 - Oct 27 with 546 viewsDiscodroids

the last thing i want tonight is a glorious heart wrenching failure with a last second own goal deflecting in off hans peter traores churchwarden beard , so harold can bemoan his lot..

if we cant get three points at home to villa...where will get them??.

it has to be 3pts, a clean sheet would be nice as well.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2014 16:19]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Anything less 3 points on Monday on 17:24 - Oct 27 with 502 viewsthemodfather

right now anything other than a win is unthinkable.
i felt harry should have gone when we lost at charlton in january?
any half decent manager would have got us up or in play offs, with what we had...this myth he's a football genius is killing me, cos he has taken us,saints,pompey and west ham DOWN...he has had more to spend than any other qpr manager in our history and the taraabt thing could haubt him now cos adel has shed light on our poor training regime and harry's not there. he knew sandro so must have known about the dodgy knees yet let qpr pay £10m for him and he's been injured on/off since coming.
Anything less 3 points on Monday on 17:43 - Oct 27 with 481 viewsR_from_afar

Anything less 3 points on Monday on 22:00 - Oct 26 by derbyhoop

I know where you are coming from but Redknapp himself has done this by making out that the big teams can't be beaten and that away games are bonus games. Meanwhile, our relegation rivals are taking points away from home and against the top clubs....

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Anything less 3 points on Monday on 17:44 - Oct 27 with 479 viewsIngham

Yes, decent performances OR decent results will do for a while. It's the point where a string of poor results converges with a string of poor performances that the axe falls. Often after a 'last straw' display of feebleness that breaks the camel's back.

There is justifiable anxiety about this, and reluctance to endorse yet another change. Partly because, at this stage, all hope isn't gone that Redknapp will finally/eventually pull it all together. And partly because we seem unable to break out of the cycle of dissatisfaction, sacking, new manager, new hope, doubts setting in, and history repeating itself.

Underneath it all is a near-consensus that a bad run or a bad season is unacceptable. Making it difficult to make sense of our shortcomings, since a bad run or a bad season at a small Club is not so much unacceptable as inevitable. Losing and failure is not an aberration, the result of abnormally poor performances. For every Club outside a tiny elite, failure is the norm.

It isn't that I worry about sacking the manager. Or getting rid of the players. They are all paid so much it isn't a problem for them. And if each new saviour has, at the most, 2 years, barring very exceptional candidates, there doesn't seem to be much point in wondering whether they will get it right, or turn things round, because they won't.

Not if getting it right means little more than mediocrity. We can get mediocrity under any manager, and with any kind of squad. Or we should be able to, with £60 million a year to spend. So the manager and the squad can be discarded without a qualm. Because it doesn't make much difference who we get.

Trouble is, they're going to be out the door even quicker if we aspire to some kind of excellence. In that case poor, mediocre or ordinary isn't good enough. And that, I think, is where our real dilemma lies. At the point where we should be asking ourselves how we make excellence happen, we shy away from it, and when it comes to answering the hard questions, we prefer to be 'positive'.

Which seems to mean little more than waiting as long as possible while things go wrong, before sacking him anyway.

We always seem to be caught between these two stools. A small Club thinking big, but acting small. And solving the problem of how a small Club attracts real quality by assuming that almost anyone we appoint knows how to do it, on the basis of 'belief' or confidence or patience or being positive or optimistic.

Then we drop the 'special one', and apply all our hopes and beliefs and expectations to someone else entirely, but in exactly the same way.

What we never do is what successful teams of the past have been. Installing a regime - mostly by luck rather than judgement, I suspect - that simply KNOWS how to DO success, excellence, quality. Like George Graham at Arsenal, or the other (very rare) souls who have the gift. Nor are we doing it in the way successful modern sides have done it, by simply spending and spending - and recruiting Champions League winning managers, Premiership winning managers, World Cup winning managers.

Our way is not to do either, but simply to give the current manager 'time'. Time to get it right, time to turn it round, time for the team to 'gel', time to get over injuries, time to bed the new players in.

When the serious people don't give them time at all. They give the players a top manager, they give the manager top players, they give them all top money, and they expect them - in return - to be top.

The short term solution at a Club which isn't spending serious money on serious talent, and isn't brilliant or creative enough to conjure up serious success WITHOUT serious money or serious big name talent, is therefore to believe that the new man, whoever he is, will FINALLY get it right.

That disposes of any need to learn from our mistakes. Anything prolonged, hard work, starting off from where we actually are, what we've actually got, and finding out how much we'll actually have to do, is never even entertained.

Far easier to believe that each new face is the REAL special one.

So the cycle kicks off again. We have to give him a chance to get it right, so we wait. Things go wrong, so voices are raised. And even when things do go right, it doesn't last. And the belief that we are finally getting it right becomes as much of a millstone around the latest candidate's neck as it was around his predecessor's.

Frankly, I've been astonished at how badly we've done in the top flight in the three Fernandes campaigns. I expect them to win pretty well any time because statistically it is far more likely that we'll be top 17 rather than bottom 3.

So I expect them to win against Villa. Not in the sense that I have an opinion about how good they are, or whether they actually WILL win.

Just that the vagaries of the game should see that we do, now and then. And I wonder what we ARE doing that makes even getting away with it now and then SO difficult.

They might be magically transformed in a few weeks like Kendall's Everton, of course. And astound the football world. If so, as wombat says, now might be the time to do it.
Anything less 3 points on Monday on 17:52 - Oct 27 with 465 viewsEastR

HR has got until Burnley

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024