Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fernandes is gone* 16:42 - Nov 26 with 15290 viewsW5R

Lets hit the pub!!!

*Been forced to try and rescue Asia X as they cant pay wages and give the main airline a boost it seems. Been told not welcome at QPR is again on the grapevine.

Also been booted from various Tune Group positions.

Ruben and Amit in charge is on the grapevine re us (couldnt give a flying clive about the easyjet companies)
Fernandes is gone* on 16:47 - Nov 26 with 6269 viewsPinnerPaul

Based on this 6 day old story no doubt

http://www.thestar.com.my/Business/Business-News/2014/11/21/No-management-revamp

Fernandes is gone* on 16:50 - Nov 26 with 6232 viewsNorthernr

Fernandes is gone* on 16:47 - Nov 26 by PinnerPaul

Based on this 6 day old story no doubt

http://www.thestar.com.my/Business/Business-News/2014/11/21/No-management-revamp

It seems to be based on this, which is going around the Twitter. No idea what it's from...

Fernandes is gone* on 16:52 - Nov 26 with 6207 viewsW5R

In malaysia everyone wants to pound him to a pulp.

He is the RyanAir of the 2nd world and less popular than their gaffer. Any publication saying different everyone ignores.

No..have heard this from a very reliable source.

Long live Amit and ling live Ruben...the men that forced him to sack Hughes.

There is light at the end of the tunnel.
Fernandes is gone* on 17:02 - Nov 26 with 6123 viewsadhoc_qpr

Could be a good thing if true.

Last time Amit was involved properly, we seemed to make sensible, grounded decisions and got promoted.

TF on the other hand seems to make a number of terrible, bone headed decisions as chairman - but then again he is only the public face of the board, rather than the actual decision maker?
Fernandes is gone* on 17:07 - Nov 26 with 6087 viewsbosh67

To be honest Ruben and Amit really do know what they have been doing. Tony appears to be happy with his financial interest in the club and perhaps has realised that if you run 2 airlines, and particularly when Malaysian Airlines are in a terrible place (with Asia being the only trusted airline now in the region) that running that is as much as you can do. If he is stepping aside to let Amit and Ruben in to manage things as he says, then that is probably the best single move he has made for the club since buying it.

It is easy to have a right go at Tony but ultimately if Amit and Ruben are coming back in to run it all then Tony has made a good decision for the club's future and realised that in this life you simply can't be all things to all people. I think he has a genuine love for the club and wants it to succeed but has spread himself far too thin. So admitting that and holding his hands up to Amit and Ruben and saying help is a good thing. We know whatever happens to the club that Ruben and Amit are very very switched on and passionate.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2014 17:09]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Fernandes is gone* on 17:08 - Nov 26 with 6073 viewsPinnerPaul

Fernandes is gone* on 16:52 - Nov 26 by W5R

In malaysia everyone wants to pound him to a pulp.

He is the RyanAir of the 2nd world and less popular than their gaffer. Any publication saying different everyone ignores.

No..have heard this from a very reliable source.

Long live Amit and ling live Ruben...the men that forced him to sack Hughes.

There is light at the end of the tunnel.

A very simplistic view.

You imply that Rueben and Amit have just let Tony do what he wants, despite a fair chunk of the money he has spent being theirs?!
Fernandes is gone* on 17:14 - Nov 26 with 6030 viewsW5R

Lovely sentiment.

Worst chairman in my living history (i'm 40). Due to great PR people give him the benefit of the doubt. He employed the SAME tactics as Paladini re getting people onside, freebies, popping to the pub. Difference is this time is that different people fell for it.

Took the fanbase not on Paladinis side and got them to love him. He never reached out, not invited the LSA to a thing, focused on "the other side"

Congrats..managed to keep a divided fanbase.

A charlatan who hasnt paid Air Asia X wages, fecked over Caterham...his house of cards is collapsing.

Can ONLY be good for QPR.
Fernandes is gone* on 17:16 - Nov 26 with 6005 viewsW5R

Fernandes is gone* on 17:08 - Nov 26 by PinnerPaul

A very simplistic view.

You imply that Rueben and Amit have just let Tony do what he wants, despite a fair chunk of the money he has spent being theirs?!

Talk to Amit privately (ok just collar him when he has had a beer) and he is an exceedingly frustrated silent partner re HIS club.
Login to get fewer ads

Fernandes is gone* on 17:18 - Nov 26 with 5987 viewsDylanP

First of all, I don't remember seeing posts from W5R on this forum before. All of a sudden he pops up to tell us that our Chairman has been forced out and I am supposed to take that seriously? Why? In my experience, if someone's first post is something dramatic like this, they are probably a troublemaker. It has long been a given that if your first post doesn't mention your favourite cheese, then you probably are a troll.

Secondly, how could this possibly be good news? The last thing we need as a club is the distraction of boardroom wars. The next few games will be make or break and we need everyone focussed on winning games, not looking over their shoulder and fending off tabloid media.

I remember QPR fans calling for Jim Gregory's head and cheering when he left. I remember QPR fans calling for Thompson's head and cheering when he left. I remember QPR fans calling for Wright's head and cheering when he left. I even remember QPR fans calling for BP's head and cheering when he left. If Amit becomes chiarman it'll only be a matter of time before QPR fans will be calling for his head.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Fernandes is gone* on 17:21 - Nov 26 with 5951 viewsbaz_qpr

Is W5R Scott Jones?
Fernandes is gone* on 17:22 - Nov 26 with 5936 viewsTheBlob

Fernandes is gone* on 17:18 - Nov 26 by DylanP

First of all, I don't remember seeing posts from W5R on this forum before. All of a sudden he pops up to tell us that our Chairman has been forced out and I am supposed to take that seriously? Why? In my experience, if someone's first post is something dramatic like this, they are probably a troublemaker. It has long been a given that if your first post doesn't mention your favourite cheese, then you probably are a troll.

Secondly, how could this possibly be good news? The last thing we need as a club is the distraction of boardroom wars. The next few games will be make or break and we need everyone focussed on winning games, not looking over their shoulder and fending off tabloid media.

I remember QPR fans calling for Jim Gregory's head and cheering when he left. I remember QPR fans calling for Thompson's head and cheering when he left. I remember QPR fans calling for Wright's head and cheering when he left. I even remember QPR fans calling for BP's head and cheering when he left. If Amit becomes chiarman it'll only be a matter of time before QPR fans will be calling for his head.

I cheered when Thompson left.
And Chris Wright.
Never did see any more of my ten grand in shares,not even a f*ck off.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Fernandes is gone* on 17:24 - Nov 26 with 5929 viewsJamie

That would be two businesses gone bust in a few weeks.

#retweet
Fernandes is gone* on 17:25 - Nov 26 with 5925 viewspaulparker

Fernandes is gone* on 17:14 - Nov 26 by W5R

Lovely sentiment.

Worst chairman in my living history (i'm 40). Due to great PR people give him the benefit of the doubt. He employed the SAME tactics as Paladini re getting people onside, freebies, popping to the pub. Difference is this time is that different people fell for it.

Took the fanbase not on Paladinis side and got them to love him. He never reached out, not invited the LSA to a thing, focused on "the other side"

Congrats..managed to keep a divided fanbase.

A charlatan who hasnt paid Air Asia X wages, fecked over Caterham...his house of cards is collapsing.

Can ONLY be good for QPR.

Im not a fan of "uncle Tone" and have been very critical in how he has run things
but im the same age as you and he is far from being the worst chairmen we have had
you cannot have forgotten these shysters

Chris Wright, - the Wimbledon merger, stock exchange, not buying the land behind the school end, Admin, the Vinnie jones contract (making him boss after harford) make him by & far the worst we have had

David Bulstrode is another , Fulham Park Rangers !!!

good old Dickie Thompson- Asset stripped the club when we were an Alex Rae, Stan collymore, ian bishop signing away from properly challenging for the title ,
we didn't and sold Parker, Sinton, Peacock, Wegerle, Sir Les

Gianni Paladini- what can you say that hasn't already been said, but the one that does it for me is the way he shafted Holloway and in that we lost our spark until Warnock ,

Briatore- he hated us fans, he gave us paul hart & Dowie , increased season tickets , took away the members bar in the SAR (kunt) , made us a laughing stock, & then when it did come alright on the night we didn't even get a championship winning parade

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Fernandes is gone* on 17:25 - Nov 26 with 5916 viewsBrightonhoop

Think he has spread himself too thinly. The two Malaysia plane disasters this year must have put terrible pressure on Air Asia, in pretty unique circumstances.
Fernandes I think has often been an assett at times to the Club, but ultimately Amits put down of GP and returning to seize control again after being pushed out, lead to our first Promotion through great guidance.
Whether we stay up? I think it's too late already.
Fernandes is gone* on 17:25 - Nov 26 with 5916 viewsW5R

Fernandes is gone* on 17:18 - Nov 26 by DylanP

My first post specifically signed off with "cheddar".

Secondly. As he is the worst chairman in the clubs modern history, financially and team position, only an utter buffoon wouldn't be ecstatic and having a little beer tonight. An utter utter buffoon.

Yes, we should question the replacement set up but we should be happy and celebrating him not having his fingers in our pie. 1/4 Billion in debt with nothing to show for it.

A QUARTER OF A BILLION.
Fernandes is gone* on 17:27 - Nov 26 with 5900 viewsWeaverQPR

I won't lose any sleeps if he Foxtrot Oscar's

@WeavQPR

Fernandes is gone* on 17:29 - Nov 26 with 5882 viewsBrightonhoop

Nothing on Offish so could still be bollx.
Fernandes is gone* on 17:31 - Nov 26 with 5867 viewsbaz_qpr

Also to add Fernandes owns about 20% of the club, with his two other partners also having a similar amount (all be it in the same vehicle) and the Mittals the largest individual share according to the last accounts all directors loans were evenly made.

I see no surprise if Air Asia X has issues that he is going to focus on that, its the cash cow of his business empire and clearly its a volatile market place at the moment.
Fernandes is gone* on 17:33 - Nov 26 with 5830 viewsDiscodroids

Fernandes is gone* on 17:25 - Nov 26 by paulparker

Im not a fan of "uncle Tone" and have been very critical in how he has run things
but im the same age as you and he is far from being the worst chairmen we have had
you cannot have forgotten these shysters

Chris Wright, - the Wimbledon merger, stock exchange, not buying the land behind the school end, Admin, the Vinnie jones contract (making him boss after harford) make him by & far the worst we have had

David Bulstrode is another , Fulham Park Rangers !!!

good old Dickie Thompson- Asset stripped the club when we were an Alex Rae, Stan collymore, ian bishop signing away from properly challenging for the title ,
we didn't and sold Parker, Sinton, Peacock, Wegerle, Sir Les

Gianni Paladini- what can you say that hasn't already been said, but the one that does it for me is the way he shafted Holloway and in that we lost our spark until Warnock ,

Briatore- he hated us fans, he gave us paul hart & Dowie , increased season tickets , took away the members bar in the SAR (kunt) , made us a laughing stock, & then when it did come alright on the night we didn't even get a championship winning parade

in response to a letter i sent in , peter ellis rung me up at work once and i was ripped to the tits and told him to 'fu ck off lord charles '

he never rang back, damn his impertinence .

gottle of gear.

when richard thompson was on the brink i also had a double page spread in the center pages of 'a kick u the r's' fanzine , that dave thomas said spoke for a generaton and thousands of qpr fans.

i like to think i played a major part in his downfall ..more likely he used it to knock one out over one of his harsh cashflow projections.

i also rang up dave once when he was in the middle of a bunk up, but i digress.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2014 17:38]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Fernandes is gone* on 17:40 - Nov 26 with 5799 viewsW5R

There is a difference between Air Asia and Air Asia X. The latter might as well be bankrupt. Air Asia is the cash cow (struggling a tad but alive and ticking).

Air Asia X has had to have been bailed out due to the various financial ties. (virtually every tune group company is on the malaysian stock exchange)

Methinks this is Ruben getting his own back for mismanagement by Fernandes. The umbrella corporation is modeled on Virgin to an extent. The umbrella is suffering..time for him to sort the bits and bobs he messed up it seems? Or as he is majority owner in Air Asia are the powers that be kicked him to the curb???

Not that 80% of Virgin brands are owned by RB anymore (but thats another story)

From going thru the stock exchanges I am a lot more confident in Rubens long term prospects than I am TFs. He is leaking 10 x a day what he is leaking elsewhere.
Fernandes is gone* on 17:44 - Nov 26 with 5761 viewsterryb

He has only ever been a figurehead.

This may be good news for Queens Park Rangers, but may be not quite so good for HR.

Shame!

Is this sugeasting that they don't think they will win the Old Oak contract?
Fernandes is gone* on 17:50 - Nov 26 with 5721 viewsR_from_afar

Fernandes is gone* on 17:25 - Nov 26 by W5R

My first post specifically signed off with "cheddar".

Secondly. As he is the worst chairman in the clubs modern history, financially and team position, only an utter buffoon wouldn't be ecstatic and having a little beer tonight. An utter utter buffoon.

Yes, we should question the replacement set up but we should be happy and celebrating him not having his fingers in our pie. 1/4 Billion in debt with nothing to show for it.

A QUARTER OF A BILLION.

I am worried about our debt - although the vast bulk of it is not bank debt - and I am getting increasingly narked that nothing is happening on the new training ground/new stadium front BUT it costs a lot of wedge to just stand stand still in football today.

For all the negatives under Tony's rule, we are still - currently - in the division.

He deserves some credit for that.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Fernandes is gone* on 17:54 - Nov 26 with 5683 viewsDylanP

Fernandes is gone* on 17:22 - Nov 26 by TheBlob

I cheered when Thompson left.
And Chris Wright.
Never did see any more of my ten grand in shares,not even a f*ck off.

I was happy when Thompson left and relieved when Wright left. I was wrong both times. Each time, things only got worse. I was an impatient kid back then and the perspective of 40 years a fan have made me able to see that chasing away chairmen or managers every time things go south is short-termist and never in the long-term interests of the club.

Thompson's departure led to Wright's tenure. Wright took us from a top London club to a disaster. But when he left, with nothing but debt, it didn't get any better. We spirallled down to the third division and have never really recovered. That will take us 5-10 years of stability to get our feet back under us and chasing away another chairman just leaves us back at square one.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Fernandes is gone* on 17:57 - Nov 26 with 5637 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Far too early to take this as truth.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Fernandes is gone* on 17:58 - Nov 26 with 5632 viewsNorthernr

Fernandes is gone* on 17:57 - Nov 26 by BrianMcCarthy

Far too early to take this as truth.

Fck off Brian. Pick a side immediately.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024