Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Defoe and Crouch 22:54 - Dec 17 with 6056 viewsMarc

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/qpr-transfers-harry-redknap
Defoe and Crouch on 23:36 - Dec 17 with 2702 viewsLowerloftLad

I think I am going to get a job working for the mirror. It's the same players mentiond every six months.

Austin to Newcastle 7mill
Demba to hull 14mill
Defoe to QPR 6 mill 70billion pounds per hour (sun)
Ronaldo to united 75mill
Messi signs for Sheffield united for a one off cup game

We can't forget crouch to QPR. the rumour goes around for a good few weeks before That so called manager at stoke comes out with he is going nowhere blah blah blah

We then wait all month listening and reading things on twitter from tony saying the same bull about how we won't repeat the mistakes and we will get the deals done asap ......... then at the last minute try to push a move through that fails As the players wants treble the wages for joining little old QPR. we then end up signing 3 more central midfielders and on armless goal keeper in a panic buy .... Am I far of being wrong ?????
[Post edited 17 Dec 2014 23:38]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Defoe and Crouch on 23:54 - Dec 17 with 2652 viewsHollowayRanger

Defoe and Crouch

the new

Johnson and zamorra

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Defoe and Crouch on 06:51 - Dec 18 with 2546 viewsexiled_dictator

And in other news, man has discovered fire .....

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Defoe and Crouch on 07:37 - Dec 18 with 2508 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Defoe, Crouch and Redknapp. Will they, won't they? It's like a threesome version of Ross and Rachel.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Defoe and Crouch on 09:31 - Dec 18 with 2365 viewsthame_hoops

Defoe and Crouch on 07:37 - Dec 18 by BrianMcCarthy

Defoe, Crouch and Redknapp. Will they, won't they? It's like a threesome version of Ross and Rachel.

Hahahaha
Defoe and Crouch on 09:46 - Dec 18 with 2344 viewsR_from_afar

*If* this is true, we will finally know one thing for certain: Redknapp is officially the laziest manager in the entire world and one with all the imagination of a tadpole.

If I were Tony, I would be worried that this is the best that the man we are all pinning our hopes on can come up with. *If* it's true...

Two ageing players, nearing the end of their careers and both bound to be expensive. What could possibly go wrong?

Why can't we show the vision we showed when we bought Austin? There are other up and coming strikers out there. Let's buy a striker who has his best years ahead of him, someone who still has burning desire and the ambition to improve.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Defoe and Crouch on 09:53 - Dec 18 with 2330 viewsjohncharles

Defoe and Crouch on 09:46 - Dec 18 by R_from_afar

*If* this is true, we will finally know one thing for certain: Redknapp is officially the laziest manager in the entire world and one with all the imagination of a tadpole.

If I were Tony, I would be worried that this is the best that the man we are all pinning our hopes on can come up with. *If* it's true...

Two ageing players, nearing the end of their careers and both bound to be expensive. What could possibly go wrong?

Why can't we show the vision we showed when we bought Austin? There are other up and coming strikers out there. Let's buy a striker who has his best years ahead of him, someone who still has burning desire and the ambition to improve.

RFA

A striker that we could sell and get money for if we get relegated instead of more millstones round our necks.

Strong and stable my arse.

Defoe and Crouch on 10:07 - Dec 18 with 2302 viewsLblock

The "vision shown when we signed Austin" only came to the fore once Hooper had gone to Nar'ich and Jellyvac had gone to Dull City

The myth is players love 'Arry.... they dont. Their Agents do.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

Defoe and Crouch on 10:09 - Dec 18 with 2295 viewsdaveB

young up and coming strikers cost a fortune, I'd take the gamble on Crouch he's still a very good player, Defoe still decent as well but doubt we'll sign either of them
Defoe and Crouch on 10:14 - Dec 18 with 2286 viewskingsburyR

Austin £7 million.

Stick a 1 or 2 in front of that and we can talk!!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Defoe and Crouch on 10:21 - Dec 18 with 2264 viewsNorthernr

Scout: Hi Harry, how are you?
'Arry: Lovely lovely mate, not a minute's trouble, how's tricks?
Scout: Yeh all good. Just a few things about the forms we asked you to fill in.
'Arry: Oh yeh? Bondy did 'em, I can't read or write as the judge in my tax evasion case will tell you.
Scout: Ok yes I appreciate that but for each of the questions about what position we're looking for, what attributes we're lacking, what age groups we should be looking at, where our team is weak and strong, whether we need to strengthen right or left, whether we need to strengthen attack or defence, you've just written 'The Boy Crouchy'.
'Arry: Ahhhhhhhhhhh wewll you'd always have Crouchy. Top top player. Triffic fella.
Scout: You see the thing is Harry we've seen a player quite a lot like Crouch playing in Germany. Same height, slightly stronger, twice as fast, immaculate first touch, ten years younger and available for about £600k because his club is in some financial difficulties. We don't think a work permit would be a problem, his wage would be a fraction of Crouch's and we know he's keen to move to London.
'Arry: ...... ....... .....
Scout: Are you there Harry?
'Arry: Go have a look at the boy Crouchy all the same though yeh? Loves his mum.
Defoe and Crouch on 10:21 - Dec 18 with 2263 viewsbaz_qpr

Crouch would be the difference between relegation or staying up
Defoe and Crouch on 10:22 - Dec 18 with 2259 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Defoe and Crouch on 10:09 - Dec 18 by daveB

young up and coming strikers cost a fortune, I'd take the gamble on Crouch he's still a very good player, Defoe still decent as well but doubt we'll sign either of them

Dave,

I agree that Crouch is still playing well, and I think there's a possibility that his wages and length of contract might be manageable.

I find it impossible to assess what Defoe is right now, or to know what money and length of contract he would demand.

Your comment about up-and-coming strikers is valid for English strikers, without a doubt, but I could envisage non-English players being available for fees+wages+contract length far less than either Crouch or Defoe, plus they would have a sell-on value, whereas Crouch and Defoe wouldn't.

I think that's where we should be looking, and should have been looking for the last two years. Right now, we should have a database of such players, and should know their availability.

Defoe and Crouch on 10:26 - Dec 18 with 2249 viewsjohncharles

Defoe and Crouch on 10:22 - Dec 18 by BrianMcCarthy

Dave,

I agree that Crouch is still playing well, and I think there's a possibility that his wages and length of contract might be manageable.

I find it impossible to assess what Defoe is right now, or to know what money and length of contract he would demand.

Your comment about up-and-coming strikers is valid for English strikers, without a doubt, but I could envisage non-English players being available for fees+wages+contract length far less than either Crouch or Defoe, plus they would have a sell-on value, whereas Crouch and Defoe wouldn't.

I think that's where we should be looking, and should have been looking for the last two years. Right now, we should have a database of such players, and should know their availability.

It's hard to believe we don't have a database of such players but the facts say that we don't.

Strong and stable my arse.

Defoe and Crouch on 10:31 - Dec 18 with 2235 viewsJamie

Not sure what level you think Defoe is still decent at. The facts show it isn't the PL.
Defoe and Crouch on 10:39 - Dec 18 with 2220 viewsdaveB

Defoe and Crouch on 10:31 - Dec 18 by Jamie

Not sure what level you think Defoe is still decent at. The facts show it isn't the PL.

He's not played regularly in the prem for 2 years so not sure what facts your looking at. He was always decent in the Prem especially when played regularly.
Defoe and Crouch on 10:41 - Dec 18 with 2198 viewsDiscodroids

harold has thrown down the runes..

"and the bezan shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there will be a great rubbing of bodily parts, twixt bondy and the new youth team player we signed yesterday....and carlton bloody cole in the january transfer window."

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Defoe and Crouch on 10:41 - Dec 18 with 2207 viewsdaveB

Defoe and Crouch on 10:22 - Dec 18 by BrianMcCarthy

Dave,

every club in Europe is looking for these players, I'm sure we are trying and going for a few like Ntep and the Iceland bloke with the long name shows we are looking abroad but for every success like the bloke at West Ham you get dozens of Maigias as well who are useless.

Crouch and Defoe wouldn't be top of my shopping list in January but I don't think either are dreadful and could both do a decent job for us
Defoe and Crouch on 10:45 - Dec 18 with 2189 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Defoe and Crouch on 10:41 - Dec 18 by daveB

every club in Europe is looking for these players, I'm sure we are trying and going for a few like Ntep and the Iceland bloke with the long name shows we are looking abroad but for every success like the bloke at West Ham you get dozens of Maigias as well who are useless.

Crouch and Defoe wouldn't be top of my shopping list in January but I don't think either are dreadful and could both do a decent job for us

"I'm sure we are trying and going for a few"

Sadly, Dave, I can't make myself believe that we are. Oh, I'm sure we get interested when we get cold-called by an agent about a deal for some lad we've never heard about, but as for the ideal scenario of us having our own database of suitable players that we've actually discovered ourselves and scouted ourselves, I'm sorry but I think that there's practically no hope of that.

Defoe and Crouch on 10:49 - Dec 18 with 2167 viewsDiscodroids

apologies for the broken record, can we offer a few bob for my man woss mcormack ??....not settled down the road, reports that fulham want him off the wage bill and will take a hit on the transfer fee.

144 goals in 322 games, 28 years old thus in the prime of his years..

always impressed me when he plays us.carried leeds on his own it seems to me.

a bit of joie de virvre and an excellent foil for charlie rather than another plank of MDF in his thirties, that you find in the bargin bin at B&Q with the dying plants and off cuts of skirting board/coving.

a jamie mackie with end product.

he who dares harold. have another look at him.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2014 10:56]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Defoe and Crouch on 10:59 - Dec 18 with 2141 viewsdaveB

Defoe and Crouch on 10:45 - Dec 18 by BrianMcCarthy

"I'm sure we are trying and going for a few"

Sadly, Dave, I can't make myself believe that we are. Oh, I'm sure we get interested when we get cold-called by an agent about a deal for some lad we've never heard about, but as for the ideal scenario of us having our own database of suitable players that we've actually discovered ourselves and scouted ourselves, I'm sorry but I think that there's practically no hope of that.

you may be right, not sure how the scouting thing works at QPR since Ferdinand came back, would hope he'll be trying to improve that side of things
Defoe and Crouch on 11:02 - Dec 18 with 2133 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Defoe and Crouch on 10:59 - Dec 18 by daveB

you may be right, not sure how the scouting thing works at QPR since Ferdinand came back, would hope he'll be trying to improve that side of things

True, hopefully Dave.

I think that scouting should be independent of managers and scouts anyway, in that it should be run and the files should be kept by the club, DoF, or whoever. That way, if our manager, scouts or both leave we're not starting from scratch every time.

Defoe and Crouch on 11:05 - Dec 18 with 2117 viewspaulparker

Troy Deeney would suit us , he is strong, can hold the ball up , runs the channels and even puts it in the old onion bag now & again

others worth a punt Wilson, & Kermorgant at Bournmouth
Gestarde from Blackburn
Gray from Brentford and maybe going again for Nahki Wells

as much as I agree with Disco on a lot of things Ross McCormack is one I don't
he seems to me to be one of those players who is hiding something if you know what I mean

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Defoe and Crouch on 11:06 - Dec 18 with 2113 viewsAntti_Heinola

You've hated Crouch your entire life you absolute hypocrite!

Look, I like Crouchie, would love to have had him back at the time he went to Stoke. But now it's a silly signing and one the club should be avoiding at all costs.

You say young strikers cost a fortune, well Austin cost £4m. Sakho cost £4.5m. There are other examples. Yes, these players are often gambles and you could easily end up with a Maiga, but every transfer is a gamble. Loads on here said Rio was 'worth the gamble' when he patently wasn't.

Crouch and Defoe are both lazy, and wrong options that will be bad for the club (lazy options, not the players! Crouch works very hard obvs, and Defoe's got a good attitude). We've known we needed a striker since last season ended, and 6 months later here we are, still looking at Crouch and Defoe - it's absolutely staggering.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2014 11:11]

Bare bones.

Defoe and Crouch on 11:14 - Dec 18 with 2091 viewsJamie

Defoe and Crouch on 10:39 - Dec 18 by daveB

He's not played regularly in the prem for 2 years so not sure what facts your looking at. He was always decent in the Prem especially when played regularly.

3 goals in his previous 30 PL appearances. For the £8m fee he would demand, that's shouting at the moon level of mental.

He's in MLS for the sole reason that nobody other than Arry would play him at this level.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024