Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's All About Size 18:57 - Dec 27 with 751 viewsexiled_dictator

i heard it mentioned in the preview of the palace game, where it was suggested that we have a huge advantage by having such a small pitch.
so i looked into it.
didn't take very long at all to find the regulations, and the actual pitch sizes.
and according to the regulations, the actual length of a football pitch can vary enormously from 100 yards (91.44m) to 130 yards (118.9m). Furthermore football pitch width can vary by 100% from just 50 (45.7m) to 100 yards (91.44m).
so these are the required statistics, but what are the facts?
well, loftus road is 112 x 72 yards — 8064 sq.yards
tottenham's pitch is 110 x 73 yards — 8030 sq.yards, and west ham's is 110 x 70 yards — 7700 sq.yards
so although we don't have the biggest pitch (that honour goes to Manchester City, The Etihad Stadium — 116.5 x 78 yards — 8932 sq.yards), we certainly don't have the smallest pitch either.
what probably does confuse simpleton reporters is the closeness of the crowd, and the compact size of the stadium. plus, we do have the smallest premier league stadium. swansea have 20,700 and burnley have 21,404.

there, that didn't hardly take me any time at all. makes you wonder what these bbc researchers and presenters actually do.
maybe someone can pass this info onto them for references. or they can just search the internet.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

It's All About Size on 19:07 - Dec 27 with 733 viewsLofthope

The most reliable thing on the BBC is the weather forecast, which is only wrong about 50% of the time.
It's All About Size on 19:48 - Dec 27 with 690 viewsPunteR

So if we reduce the pitch size another 364 sq.yards we might be able to fit another 1000 seats in Loftus road..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024