Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which option for Karl Henry? 09:40 - May 28 with 3230 viewsWokingham_r

Do you want Karl Henry to stay?
I do - started his QPR career poorly but became more valued
Which option for Karl Henry? on 09:43 - May 28 with 3222 viewsdaveB

I'm not bothered either way, he's ok but thought he was better in the Prem than in the Championship.
Which option for Karl Henry? on 09:44 - May 28 with 3208 viewsfakekerby

I'm genuinely quite surprised he hasn't been offered a deal, but maybe that's due to the fact it's up to Henry rather than the club.

I'm not sure he'll get a better deal anywhere else as his extension is bound to be on the same or better terms so i'm sure he'll sign up for another year.

And I think we'll need him. We're not going to storm this division and we do need some experience so he's ideal. As long as he's not used left wing.
Which option for Karl Henry? on 09:46 - May 28 with 3202 viewsjonno

Very limited player and we can almost certainly do better but looks like we are stuck with him under the terms of his contract and he at least puts in some effort and can be of use at times.
Which option for Karl Henry? on 09:50 - May 28 with 3174 viewsDiscodroids

carrion.fodder.yesterdays man.

who else is gonna want him..millwall..?

[Post edited 28 May 2015 9:50]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Which option for Karl Henry? on 09:54 - May 28 with 3144 viewsmcqpr10

In a strange way, he is better suited for us in the top flight. When playing against teams much superior than us in ball possession and he has to chase, harry and defend. His strengths.

In the championship, he has to get on the ball and create more which is certainly not his strength.

I would keep him personally, long old season and he knows what it's about, mind you it would not bother me too much if he were to leave.
Which option for Karl Henry? on 09:55 - May 28 with 3139 viewsdaveB

Not many will want him which is why he'll probably take up his option for a third year, barmy contract to give him that one.
Which option for Karl Henry? on 09:57 - May 28 with 3131 viewsdanehoop

Question for the club is whether they feel he offers value for money and will add value going forward. The wording on the website seemed to imply that they wouldnt have otherwise offered him a deal but for the automatic clause in his contract. That I suspect maybe because the extension wages maybe more expensive than QPR would want to pay to him in the Championship. I would also speculate that Ramsey/Ferdinand feel that there maybe better options available that they would prefer to build for the future with.

Will be interesting to see if he does chose to activate the option or whether he looks for a longer contract elsewhere. He probably won't get paid as much as he would with us for that first year, but would find it harder to pick up a longer contract a year from now because of his age.

I think he probably is worth keeping. He does a job and tries to do his best within his limited skillset to carry out that role. He will provided a bit of leadership/seniority in the midfield that might otherwise be missing. He generally held his own in the Premiership and would probably do so again in the Championship for a year.

Never knowingly understood

Which option for Karl Henry? on 09:59 - May 28 with 3116 viewsCFW

Which option for Karl Henry? on 09:50 - May 28 by Discodroids

carrion.fodder.yesterdays man.

who else is gonna want him..millwall..?

[Post edited 28 May 2015 9:50]

And it is a no from me - Karl you have four big fat NO's.

Jog on mate - sorry I thought he has been awful this season. Clean out the old and bring in the new.
Login to get fewer ads

Which option for Karl Henry? on 10:17 - May 28 with 3044 viewsBAWHoops

I would keep him.

He can sit in and do a job breaking up play comfortably in the Championship.
Needs some pace alongside him though.

Him and Faurlin at CM would be a disaster!!!

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Which option for Karl Henry? on 10:25 - May 28 with 3007 viewsJamie

Clearly not in Rambos plans, so why would anyone want him to stay around another year picking up wages for nothing.

Thanks for the efforts, and goodbye from me.
Which option for Karl Henry? on 10:33 - May 28 with 2976 viewsQPunkR

I'd rather keep him. Won't be on as much money as that shower of shite that've been kicked out the Club. Very true he's been better in the Premiership than our new league, but he can act as cover - and can clearly moonlight as a left winger!

QPR - "shit but local"

Which option for Karl Henry? on 10:36 - May 28 with 2967 views1BobbyHazell

Definite no from me. 3 relegations in 4 seasons (including 1 to league 1), he played much less in the promotion season. He's the sort of player that looks good in a struggling team as he can harry and hassle a bit. If you want to develop any sort of passing football you cannot have one of your 2 central midfielders being afraid of the ball and severely limited when receiving it. Clean sweep, move on.
Which option for Karl Henry? on 10:37 - May 28 with 2959 viewslondonscottish

I'd keep him. He's done surprisingly well this season. Next season he can do the Sean Derry enforcer thing.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Which option for Karl Henry? on 10:37 - May 28 with 2959 viewsWestminsteRs

Looks as though he's triggered a contract extension which he can exercise if he wishes. Seems from the club statement though as if they would rather he left.
Which option for Karl Henry? on 10:41 - May 28 with 2931 viewsDiscodroids

Which option for Karl Henry? on 10:37 - May 28 by WestminsteRs

Looks as though he's triggered a contract extension which he can exercise if he wishes. Seems from the club statement though as if they would rather he left.

Trigger mortis

(chortle)

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Which option for Karl Henry? on 11:45 - May 28 with 2852 viewsfakekerby

Which option for Karl Henry? on 10:37 - May 28 by WestminsteRs

I'm not sure how the club could even be in a position to offer him a new deal?

He's got an extension on the table which is up to him whether to take or not, the terms will have already been set.

What is the club supposed to do other than let him decide? We can't offer him another year on less money as the extension will have terms within it.
Which option for Karl Henry? on 11:55 - May 28 with 2839 viewsJamie

Which option for Karl Henry? on 11:45 - May 28 by fakekerby

I'm not sure how the club could even be in a position to offer him a new deal?

He's got an extension on the table which is up to him whether to take or not, the terms will have already been set.

What is the club supposed to do other than let him decide? We can't offer him another year on less money as the extension will have terms within it.

The contract has an option on both sides for an extra year.

The club have not exercised their option to hang onto Henry, so it's in his court now whether he wants to hang around for another year on the same money.
Which option for Karl Henry? on 12:21 - May 28 with 2812 viewsadhoc_qpr

I'd keep him, we need a pacy left winger

I actually don't mind either way with Henry.

If he stays, we get an experienced but limited holding midfielder who knows the championship very well.

If he goes, we can free up the wage bill and potentially get someone more mobile and physical to take his place.
Which option for Karl Henry? on 12:30 - May 28 with 2790 viewsrichpr

Please god let him go - I can't watch him any more - he just panics and passes it backwards. He hardly got a look-in when we got promoted yet all of a sudden he becomes a regular in the premiership - no surprise we went down. Please don't tell me he breaks up play - cos there is no point in having someone who stops the other team but can't make anything happen. Must have the lowest "assists" ever for a midfielder
Which option for Karl Henry? on 12:41 - May 28 with 2771 viewsSomersetHoops

I would keep him, provided his wages are in line with our new sensible wage policy. He has experience and is a trier and provided he is played in his correct position, rather than on either wing, I think he could be useful. I expect us to have a properly balanced team from now on with players playing in their correct positions and at least some plan to cover each position rather than the pathetic excuse for a team we've been putting out under so called experienced managers.

Who's Next?

Which option for Karl Henry? on 13:08 - May 28 with 2732 viewsBilly_Kershaw

Given the high turnover of players this summer and assuming that he is not a "bad egg", I would keep KH. The lack of pace in central midfield is a concern but there's no guarantee that Faurlin (preferable) will be fit and nothing to say that Henry has to start games if better players are available.
[Post edited 28 May 2015 14:04]

Never use one or two words when a couple of thousand will easily do
Poll: REVISED EXPECTATIONS - Where will QPR finish this season?

Which option for Karl Henry? on 13:36 - May 28 with 2697 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Which option for Karl Henry? on 12:41 - May 28 by SomersetHoops

I would keep him, provided his wages are in line with our new sensible wage policy. He has experience and is a trier and provided he is played in his correct position, rather than on either wing, I think he could be useful. I expect us to have a properly balanced team from now on with players playing in their correct positions and at least some plan to cover each position rather than the pathetic excuse for a team we've been putting out under so called experienced managers.

I'd like to think we could persuade him to fall in line with the new wage policy but I suspect any option to extend could be on existing wages.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024