Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big spending QPR 14:49 - Jul 27 with 2218 viewsbosh67

It does make me smile and groan when I think how mocked we have been for spending £20m+ when getting into the Prem. But Watford, and fair play to them, have dwarfed us in terms of spending in the close season with 10 signings and yet I don't see any Big Spending Watford headlines.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Big spending QPR on 14:52 - Jul 27 with 2183 viewsWeaverQPR

Bournemouth ain't been shy either.

@WeavQPR

Big spending QPR on 14:54 - Jul 27 with 2170 viewsMatch82

I think the issue was that we made a big deal about it and sought attention for the amount we were spending because we wanted to make a splash.

It's hard for the club to complain when it's then held against us by the press. Of couse as fans we can be annoyed about the mind-numbing decision to take this approach in the first place...
Big spending QPR on 15:06 - Jul 27 with 2111 viewsMytch_QPR

Shouldn't we be referred to as 'big wasting'?
If we had spent the millions we've squandered wisely we'd be at least surviving in the PL.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Big spending QPR on 17:45 - Jul 27 with 1831 viewsDevonWhite

I can't imagine their wage bill is remotely as horrendous as ours was.
Big spending QPR on 18:54 - Jul 27 with 1698 viewsSpiritofGregory

To be fair, we did run up debts of a quarter of a billion pounds with nothing to show for it.
Big spending QPR on 19:54 - Jul 27 with 1577 viewsderbyhoop

Big spending QPR on 18:54 - Jul 27 by SpiritofGregory

To be fair, we did run up debts of a quarter of a billion pounds with nothing to show for it.

It doesn't take you long to spread the joy and goodwill, does it?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Big spending QPR on 20:33 - Jul 27 with 1489 viewseghamranger

A shame really!
Watford, Bournemouth, Leicester, Norwich, villa, west brom have spent millions, big contracts and you know their fans will be gutted in a few months as they will be at the bottom of the table, managers getting sacked, massive debts, Sky games running their lives and then relegation.(3 of them anyway)

After we had it last year, I'm actually looking forward to this forth coming season 😄
Big spending QPR on 21:37 - Jul 27 with 1368 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Big spending QPR on 20:33 - Jul 27 by eghamranger

A shame really!
Watford, Bournemouth, Leicester, Norwich, villa, west brom have spent millions, big contracts and you know their fans will be gutted in a few months as they will be at the bottom of the table, managers getting sacked, massive debts, Sky games running their lives and then relegation.(3 of them anyway)

After we had it last year, I'm actually looking forward to this forth coming season 😄

Haha must admit I'm struggling to bite my tongue about some of the things some of those guys are doing business! I hope it messes them up too, pain and misery does love company!
Login to get fewer ads

Big spending QPR on 22:04 - Jul 27 with 1311 viewsTGRRRSSS

Really hope Watford fail in particular, have certainly cheated as much as QPR have been accused of, and sack managers at such a rate they make Briatore and Cellino look patient.
Big spending QPR on 22:41 - Jul 27 with 1242 viewsTacticalR

I never like to cast aspersions on another man's sugar daddy. It wouldn't be right.

Air hostess clique

Big spending QPR on 12:02 - Jul 28 with 1039 viewsMvpeter

Nobody can compare to our waste.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Big spending QPR on 12:10 - Jul 28 with 1009 viewsadhoc_qpr

Watford have certainly bought a random assortment of players in from all over the place:

Steven Berghuis, Jose Manuel Jurado, Miguel Britos, Sebastian Prodl, Giedrius Arlauskis, Matej Vydra, Jose Holebas, Etienne Capoue, Valon Behrami and Allan Nyom.

Only Vydra, Capoue and Behrami have the much vaunted 'prem experience' but none of them have exactly excelled.

Interesting to see how they get on, the Mark Hughes gelling excuse could be wheeled out i guess if it goes badly early.
Big spending QPR on 12:10 - Jul 28 with 1009 viewsthemodfather

i am sick of everyone copying our plans!!!
we should sue!
the "qpr model/4 year plan" was the total package and groundbreaking at the time.....how far we've come eh?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024