Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warren Farm protest 20:08 - Aug 5 with 2304 viewsDeano19766

A couple of months ago I signed up to the email distribution list for people protesting against the Warren Farm development (because I am a nosy barsteward and was interested in what they had to say!). In those month the people involved have raised some valid points, but also some ridiculous ones.

The latest one seems to be (had a quick read of a couple of emails today and I am reading between the lines to a certain extent as I have not read them all) that there is a path through Warren Farm which is a public right of way. As some of you will probably know, public rights of way can be lost over time if the right of way is never used (i.e. it has to be used in order to be certain that it remains a public right of way). So.....they are arranging a group walk along the path in the near future!!! This is one of the ridiculous ideas I mentioned above. Interesting all the same.

Just thought I would share that.

Edit - I have just noted that they have an 'I have walked the footpath' form for people to fill in after they have walked it!! Presumably these then get sent to the council.

Further Edit - The footpath goes right through the middle of WF, and the form is entitled 'Public Right of Way Evidence Form' so it is intended to be sent to the powers that be.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2015 20:14]
Warren Farm protest on 20:18 - Aug 5 with 2258 viewsHollowayRanger

get out there the day before and stick one of these on the path

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Warren Farm protest on 21:17 - Aug 5 with 2102 viewstimcocking

kunts, hope they d#e soon...
Warren Farm protest on 22:00 - Aug 5 with 1944 viewsDeepcutHoop

Warren Farm protest on 21:17 - Aug 5 by timcocking

kunts, hope they d#e soon...

Jesus, that's uncalled for.

I have sympathy with them, no-one wants a massive development on their doorstep, they haven't exactly invented NIMBY-ism ffs
Warren Farm protest on 22:04 - Aug 5 with 1929 viewsdaveB

Warren Farm protest on 22:00 - Aug 5 by DeepcutHoop

I have sympathy with them, no-one wants a massive development on their doorstep, they haven't exactly invented NIMBY-ism ffs

not a massive development though, the plan is too improve the pitches and build a training centre rather than knock it down and build a shop or houses so the area is gone forever. Some people have too much time on their hands
Warren Farm protest on 22:14 - Aug 5 with 1908 viewsjohncharles

Warren Farm protest on 22:00 - Aug 5 by DeepcutHoop

Fck em. This is a tiny minority' that is neither typical or representative of the people of Hanwell. They haven't been here long and will be off as soon as their bijou cottages have increased in price enough for to sell up.
This is for the people of Ealing to decide. The Council should have a referendum. It's ridiculous that a bunch rich kids should hold us all to ransom.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2015 22:37]

Strong and stable my arse.

Warren Farm protest on 22:32 - Aug 5 with 1852 viewsTacticalR

Glad we have got a man on the inside.

Air hostess clique

Warren Farm protest on 22:38 - Aug 5 with 1821 viewsSimonJames

Still not holding my breath that anything TF promised will actually ever happen.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Warren Farm protest on 22:43 - Aug 5 with 1809 viewsTacticalR

Warren Farm protest on 22:38 - Aug 5 by SimonJames

Still not holding my breath that anything TF promised will actually ever happen.

Fernandes is a man who likes to count his chickens before they are hatched.

It's all so much easier in West Ham where the government gives you a stadium or in Malaysia where the government gives you an airline.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Warren Farm protest on 23:10 - Aug 5 with 1737 viewsGloryHunter

No reason why you can't keep the path open as a right-of-way. And you can shift public rights-of-way by a few metres in any direction, wherupon they become "permissive paths". So you could easily re-direct the path so that it runs between training pitches, say, rather than cutting across a pitch. Not a problem. Have to keep dogs on a lead, of course.
Warren Farm protest on 23:19 - Aug 5 with 1709 viewsTacticalR

'Permissive paths'? That sounds like something that can lead to no good.

Air hostess clique

Warren Farm protest on 23:22 - Aug 5 with 1691 viewsjohncharles

Warren Farm protest on 23:10 - Aug 5 by GloryHunter

No reason why you can't keep the path open as a right-of-way. And you can shift public rights-of-way by a few metres in any direction, wherupon they become "permissive paths". So you could easily re-direct the path so that it runs between training pitches, say, rather than cutting across a pitch. Not a problem. Have to keep dogs on a lead, of course.

Shin tzu's and Labradoodles. Chihuahua's will of course be carried for their walk.

Strong and stable my arse.

Warren Farm protest on 23:39 - Aug 5 with 1650 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Given the choice between a training complex or eyesores such as a car park, supermarket or industrial estate, I know which I'd prefer. This protest group ought to be careful what it wishes for. If it truly believes that Warren Farm will remain as is for years to come then it's seriously deluded.
Warren Farm protest on 06:58 - Aug 6 with 1510 viewsdistortR

Je suis Warren farm.
Warren Farm protest on 07:34 - Aug 6 with 1469 viewsDorse

It would be good if they did their group walk to find the path lined with a grim-faced, silent honour guard of Rangers fans. In the distance, a church bell tolls dolorously. Somewhere, a dog howls...

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Warren Farm protest on 09:48 - Aug 6 with 1339 viewsLazyFan

If they win then fair play to them.

Then it will be our turn to protest as is the democratic way. I think someone mentioned the charitable idea of directing travellers to the site.

Well that’s democracy :)

zzzzzzzzzz

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024