Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stan 20:39 - Aug 22 with 6712 viewsDWQPR

Was great to see the legend that is Stan on the pitch today both before the game and at half time. Poor soul then went on a bit of a wander during the half time interview with Don Shanks and took an interest in the sprinklers and seemed to get a decent dousing. Fantastic memories of Stan that will live wih me forever. Hopefully a hell of a lot of money was raised today to help with his care, and with a bit of luck a few quid for Stan to stick on the favourite at Kempton Park or wherever! God bless you Stan.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Stan on 20:57 - Aug 22 with 5206 viewsHantsR

Agreed a nostalgic and even emotional day.

Many memories for me as I was at Derby for his hat-trick game that was being commemorated, saw all the Stan goals that featured on the screen and was even present at the 6-0 defeat of Rotherham, all those years ago.

Stan didn't seem too fussed about his dousing but at >30°Celcius it might have been quite refreshing!

Millers fans generous in their applause for Stan as well, respect!
Stan on 21:20 - Aug 22 with 5119 viewsbosh67

Stan on 20:57 - Aug 22 by HantsR

Agreed a nostalgic and even emotional day.

Many memories for me as I was at Derby for his hat-trick game that was being commemorated, saw all the Stan goals that featured on the screen and was even present at the 6-0 defeat of Rotherham, all those years ago.

Stan didn't seem too fussed about his dousing but at >30°Celcius it might have been quite refreshing!

Millers fans generous in their applause for Stan as well, respect!

Yes very good to see warm applause before the match and at half time from the Rotherham faithful. Class.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Stan on 21:43 - Aug 22 with 4998 viewsterryb

Stan on 21:20 - Aug 22 by bosh67

Yes very good to see warm applause before the match and at half time from the Rotherham faithful. Class.

This is probably because they are prorer fans.

I looked at there number at the start of the game & thought that it don't matter if there are 1000 or 10, their club means all to them.

I would much prefer to follow Rotherham, Forest Green or Stowmarket rather than one of the "big clubs".
Stan on 22:02 - Aug 22 with 4946 viewsHadders

The whole event was very moving and wonderful- well done to the club. Fernandes deserves credit for doing things like this and the Alec Stock day. I feel for less celebrated players, though - it would be good if we could give some support to all ex-players in need.

I chatted to some friendly Rotherham guys after the match and a chap complained how they can`t ever sign any decent players because they have no money, but also because: "...who wants to live in Rotherham?"
Stan on 22:09 - Aug 22 with 4926 viewsGuppy22

I wasn't old or lucky enough to see him play but brought a tear to my eye with the reception he received today. The Rotherham fans went up highly in my estimation today as well joining if with the reception.
Stan on 22:19 - Aug 22 with 4879 viewsGloucs_R

Stan on 21:43 - Aug 22 by terryb

This is probably because they are prorer fans.

I looked at there number at the start of the game & thought that it don't matter if there are 1000 or 10, their club means all to them.

I would much prefer to follow Rotherham, Forest Green or Stowmarket rather than one of the "big clubs".

Forest Green are a weird club, dont get me started. (local rivalry)

Their chairman is a vegan and into renewable energy so wont allow any meat to be sold at games. Weirdo.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Stan on 22:20 - Aug 22 with 4865 viewsStanisgod

Did the stadium tour with Stan jnr before the game,
Beautiful day, good win, great day.
60 years old and choked up when Stan came out ,
Not ashamed one bit

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Stan on 22:31 - Aug 22 with 4822 viewsjohncharles

Best money I ever spent in my life was paying to see Stan Bowles I the 70's

Strong and stable my arse.

Login to get fewer ads

Stan on 22:35 - Aug 22 with 4811 viewskensalriser

Stan on 22:19 - Aug 22 by Gloucs_R

Their chairman is a vegan and into renewable energy so wont allow any meat to be sold at games. Weirdo.

Believing that renewable energy is a good thing seems perfectly reasonable to me, but it's also his business so hardly surprising he's a proponent.

I don't see anything weird about being a vegan. Why do you think it's weird?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Stan on 05:14 - Aug 23 with 4654 viewsCanadaRanger

Stan on 22:35 - Aug 22 by kensalriser

Believing that renewable energy is a good thing seems perfectly reasonable to me, but it's also his business so hardly surprising he's a proponent.

He's bound to be a bit distant...
Vega's 25 light years away...
Stan on 06:57 - Aug 23 with 4610 viewsade_qpr

Stan on 05:14 - Aug 23 by CanadaRanger

He's bound to be a bit distant...
Vega's 25 light years away...

good reply gave me a laugh

as for weird yes a bit not selling pies etc for the fans might cost the club some money

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Stan on 07:06 - Aug 23 with 4595 views18StoneOfHoop

I just pray for your sake the Droid don't see your post ,kensalriser

He's almost as obssessed by this issue as he is with Keith Vaz or Cara Delevingne.

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Stan on 07:22 - Aug 23 with 4570 viewstimcocking

lol good one
Stan on 08:08 - Aug 23 with 4525 viewsElHoop

Didn't see him come out before the game but he did get his head wet under the sprinkler at half time. The last thing that we'd have done to the pitch in his day was water it. Whilst he was out waving at the crowd they interviewed Don Shanks and he was really good. After that Stan and Don went off arm in arm and they brought out the table with the trophy on for a competitive re-enactment of the famous knocking off of the FA Cup at Sunderland. Whilst they were setting up and telling people what was going on, Stan must have heard and he and Shanks came out again to watch. It looked as if Stan fancied a shot but nobody asked him, which was a shame, but he did go over to congratulate the winner and get a photo taken with them all. It was kind of sad but uplifting at the same time. He was frequently mentioned by the crowd during the game but there was a really loud Stanley! Stanley! Stanley! towards the end, which he must have heard.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2015 8:09]
Stan on 09:28 - Aug 23 with 4429 viewsTW_R

I was just glad we weren't playing Accrington. That 'Stanley' chanting would have got well confusing.
Stan on 09:34 - Aug 23 with 4408 viewsbarabajagal

Yeah, imagine taking a principled stand on something. Let's label him...
Stan on 12:51 - Aug 23 with 4290 viewsterryb

Sorry Gloucs.

I just picked a Conference side that wasn't as well known! There are many things about that club that are "strange", but for anyone that followed them in their Western League days must be in heaven.

I have a lot more time for Barrow, so I should have named them!
Stan on 12:58 - Aug 23 with 4279 viewsStanisgod

Stan on 12:51 - Aug 23 by terryb

Sorry Gloucs.

I just picked a Conference side that wasn't as well known! There are many things about that club that are "strange", but for anyone that followed them in their Western League days must be in heaven.

I have a lot more time for Barrow, so I should have named them!

ITS A STAN THREAD FFS, SHUT UP ,

Stan on 14:06 - Aug 23 with 4213 views18StoneOfHoop

Stan on 12:58 - Aug 23 by Stanisgod

ITS A STAN THREAD FFS, SHUT UP ,

Sorry about my own abject,base and ignoble part in going so off-topic in this thread,Stanisgod
Veganism and tin-pot west country non-league clubs I don't give a monkey's chuff
about whereas..

_______________________ **STAN IS GOD!**_______________________

++++++Respect To Our Greatest Ever Player Always++++++++

[Post edited 23 Aug 2015 14:20]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Stan on 14:12 - Aug 23 with 4190 viewsNW5Hoop

Stan on 07:22 - Aug 23 by timcocking

lol good one

I'm not a vegan, or even a vegetarian. But if someone can't get through 105 minutes in a football ground without needing some meat, they are the one with the problem, not Forest Green's chairman.
Stan on 14:52 - Aug 23 with 4123 viewsMonahoop

Still trying to work out the connection with Stan, Forest green Rovers and vegans. Never mind. So glad he got a great reception at LR from both sets of fans yesterday. My footballing hero from the 70's and still remains so.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Stan on 16:18 - Aug 23 with 4034 viewsStanisgod

Stan on 14:06 - Aug 23 by 18StoneOfHoop

Sorry about my own abject,base and ignoble part in going so off-topic in this thread,Stanisgod
Veganism and tin-pot west country non-league clubs I don't give a monkey's chuff
about whereas..

_______________________ **STAN IS GOD!**_______________________

++++++Respect To Our Greatest Ever Player Always++++++++

[Post edited 23 Aug 2015 14:20]

Stan on 23:01 - Aug 23 with 3861 viewsPommyhoop

Stan on 07:22 - Aug 23 by timcocking

lol good one

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Stan on 23:14 - Aug 23 with 3847 viewsessextaxiboy

Stan on 23:01 - Aug 23 by Pommyhoop

Stan on 10:47 - Aug 24 with 3697 viewsRickyDicky

I see we're playing Stan's previous club on Tuesday, uncanny coincidence ?

Poll: Where will we finish next Year. Starting early.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024