Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer Deadline Day 15:50 - Aug 28 with 2173 viewsCFW

I really, really cannot understand why clubs leave everything to the last moment. With Monday being a Ban Holiday this window closes on Tuesday at 5pm (I think) - so clubs will be making bids, doing deals right up until that time. How long has the window been open for?
Transfer Deadline Day on 15:51 - Aug 28 with 2156 viewsNorthernr

Well it's the same in anything isn't it, to get a better deal. Same reason everybody crawls all over everybody else to go around Westfield at 6am on Boxing Day when frankly gargling cold cat piss is more fun.

They should close the window August 1. The same amount of business would get done, the same last minute rush would occur, but we wouldn't have this ridiculous half-season feeling to August.
Transfer Deadline Day on 15:55 - Aug 28 with 2119 viewsessextaxiboy

If we get 15 mil for Austin today , the price for his replacement on Monday will increase knowing we have A/ 15 mill and B/ No strikers .

Its madness but to be honest I quite like the drama and bollix of it all .

Got an Hosp Appt at 1 on Tues for my eye , hoping they put drops in so I have to spent the afternoon in front of the telly

Agree with Norf , should "slam shut" Aug 31st
[Post edited 28 Aug 2015 15:57]
Transfer Deadline Day on 15:59 - Aug 28 with 2091 viewsGloucs_R

Got a feeling we may have a mad deadline day and most of us wont be very happy on Weds.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Transfer Deadline Day on 16:28 - Aug 28 with 2010 viewsJuzzie

Transfer deadline day should be just before the season starts. As said, it will still be the same mayhem, last minute deals, SSN w@nkfest etc but what it does mean is that you start the season knowing what players you have until January at least.
Transfer Deadline Day on 16:51 - Aug 28 with 1930 viewsVancouverHoop

No one seems to like it, except SSN. Who decided on the date, and why? It seems totally random but I'm guessing there was some sort of logic behind it once upon a time.
Transfer Deadline Day on 16:58 - Aug 28 with 1898 viewseghamranger

Transfer Deadline Day on 15:55 - Aug 28 by essextaxiboy

If we get 15 mil for Austin today , the price for his replacement on Monday will increase knowing we have A/ 15 mill and B/ No strikers .

Its madness but to be honest I quite like the drama and bollix of it all .

Got an Hosp Appt at 1 on Tues for my eye , hoping they put drops in so I have to spent the afternoon in front of the telly

Agree with Norf , should "slam shut" Aug 31st
[Post edited 28 Aug 2015 15:57]

Can't see Austin.going anywhere this window, palace pulled out, spurs got that son in, WBA won't need him and after all his shoulder and knee saga clubs will want to give him a proper medical so it won't be a rush job.
Transfer Deadline Day on 17:03 - Aug 28 with 1863 viewsted_hendrix

It's a special day if you are a particular sort of minge.

You get the chance to be on the television and display you're mingyness skills.

Apparently some people get quite excited by it all.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Transfer Deadline Day on 17:13 - Aug 28 with 1825 viewswestberksr

Transfer Deadline Day on 17:03 - Aug 28 by ted_hendrix

Ted

i'm sure I saw you in the background at Harlington last year holding an "I love Arry" banner.

who else would be their chain smoking, wearing a Jimi Hendrix tee shirt, and reminising about the 60's?

you love it!
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer Deadline Day on 18:09 - Aug 28 with 1734 viewsLowerloftLad

As deadline day becomes ever. More popular I came to the conclusion. That some deals are are already done and dusted behind closed doors and sky pay the clubs a. Little extra. To hold the deals up till deadline day viewings must be ripe on. Deadline day these days

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Transfer Deadline Day on 18:23 - Aug 28 with 1695 viewsbosh67

Problem is that clubs are dealing with agents that play one team against another and wait to the last minute to see who is going to pay the most. We all have a go at the club for leaving it too late and to the last minute but a lot of the time the club has no choice and are at the mercy of agents and players hedging their bets until the final moments. It's the rules that govern player/agent behaviour in certain cases that is the issue.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Transfer Deadline Day on 20:51 - Aug 28 with 1570 viewsderbyhoop

Wouldn't it great if QPR said

Austin for £15m on Saturday night
£16m on Sunday
£17m on Monday
£20 on Transfer Deadline Day

Either pay up or Foxtrot Oscar

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Transfer Deadline Day on 21:09 - Aug 28 with 1529 viewsessextaxiboy

Transfer Deadline Day on 17:03 - Aug 28 by ted_hendrix

I enjoy it as a bit of TV .

Im not ashamed of it

Transfer Deadline Day on 22:07 - Aug 28 with 1485 viewsDorse

It is the most contrived piece of cynically marketed, brain-melting dullness I've every been forced to witness. Hour upon hour of bugger all, dressed up as news by some sweating, puce faced, bewigged alcoholic in the studio while work experience cretins stand in hurricane force rain surrounded by jeering morons waving into a camera as the completely untrue rumour about Lionel Messi being seen in a Chicken Cottage on the Uxbridge Road goes fcuking viral.

Things I would rather watch:
Audio descriptive mime
Anne Widdecombe pole dancing
John Terry Sings The Hits (introduced by Dave Lee Travis)
Jim Watt being repeatedly kicked in the knackers whilst tied to Giant Hogweed

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Transfer Deadline Day on 22:11 - Aug 28 with 1478 viewsbaz_qpr

We should have publicly said for Charlie £15m or £20m if its in the last week of the window
Transfer Deadline Day on 01:10 - Aug 29 with 1361 viewsloftinoz

Transfer Deadline Day on 17:13 - Aug 28 by westberksr

Ted

i'm sure I saw you in the background at Harlington last year holding an "I love Arry" banner.

who else would be their chain smoking, wearing a Jimi Hendrix tee shirt, and reminising about the 60's?

you love it!

"there" not "their".
Transfer Deadline Day on 01:22 - Aug 29 with 1353 viewsJAPRANGERS

Transfer Deadline Day on 01:10 - Aug 29 by loftinoz

"there" not "their".

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/people-who-highlight-minor-grammar-po
Transfer Deadline Day on 04:44 - Aug 29 with 1314 viewsloftinoz

Transfer Deadline Day on 01:22 - Aug 29 by JAPRANGERS

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/people-who-highlight-minor-grammar-po

Hardly minor when it changes the whole meaning of a sentence.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024