Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A remarkable turnaround — Interview 00:54 - Oct 16 with 534 viewsNorthernr

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/40737
A remarkable turnaround — Interview on 13:09 - Oct 16 with 405 viewsFredManRave

When I saw the title I honestly thought this was going to be an opinion piece about the change in stance by the club with regard to our expectations for the stations, going from "consolidation" to "promotion" at the drop of a hat or mroe to the point the closing of a transfer window.

However, an interesting piece on Birmingham and the Rowett effect. The turnaround from when he took over last season has been ridiculously positive. Picking up from Lee Clark and where he'd left Birmingham meant the only way was up or implosion. The end of season run was impressive and if he'd have taken over maybe just 6 games earlier he may have got them in a playoff place. And to continue the run of form this season has been just as impressive.

And all this from a relatively inexperienced manager, one previous unremarkable job done over a couple of seasons at Burton. Just goes to show that experience isn't everything. I suppose in a way I'm jealous that they've got a young inexperienced manager doing a great job and probably even more jealous when I read things like;

Gary and his backroom staff have come in and from the off and given the players clear instructions as to what their jobs are and instilled belief in the players. The spirit amongst them is just incredible now — a far cry from how things were under Lee Clark. We might not have the most talented squad of players in the league, but what we do have is a team of players who work very hard for each other and are well organised. Each player understands the role they play in the team and that makes us hard to beat.

It seems so obvious but presumably alot more difficult to instill in a group of players otherwise everybody would be doing it.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024