Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Austin to Villa 18:22 - Nov 16 with 2702 viewsHayesender

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/11998785/Charlie-Aus

If we can get £8 million in Jan we'll have done well imo

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Austin to Villa on 18:30 - Nov 16 with 2672 viewsMytch_QPR

So much depends on where we are on 1st Jan - if we are improving then we'll want to hang on, but I agree that £8m would be a massive fee considering how short his contract is.

Easy headline for sports writers - IT'S (insert surname here) VILLA!

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Austin to Villa on 18:33 - Nov 16 with 2658 viewsClive_Anderson

If we can keep him to the end of the transfer window then £8m doesn't seem so bad.
Austin to Villa on 18:43 - Nov 16 with 2596 viewsterryb

One little problem with this.

The chances that Charlie would agree to sign for Aston Villa is remote!

He has stated that he ain't going anywhere & the club has no say in that.

Next summer he can select his club & his salary. Why would you not wait for then?
Austin to Villa on 19:15 - Nov 16 with 2488 viewsthemodfather

he can leave for free in the summer, if we get any fee we have done well..i don't want charlie to go but, players come and go.
if he moves he gets a pay rise and another crack at prem footy ( for a month or so!!)
Austin to Villa on 19:19 - Nov 16 with 2469 viewslondonscottish

Austin to Villa on 18:30 - Nov 16 by Mytch_QPR

So much depends on where we are on 1st Jan - if we are improving then we'll want to hang on, but I agree that £8m would be a massive fee considering how short his contract is.

Easy headline for sports writers - IT'S (insert surname here) VILLA!

Yeah but that only works if he goes to Cambridge.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Austin to Villa on 19:53 - Nov 16 with 2386 viewsDrewster

Can't see that as a significant move for him.
If we sort it out this season, good chance we could replace them in the Prem. Why would he want to go to another club in a relegation battle?

I suspect he will be linked to every club in the prem now, different club each week, lazy journalism.
He needs to get super fit and scoring regularly if he wants the 'big move'.
Austin to Villa on 21:31 - Nov 16 with 2174 viewsHollowayRanger

charlies going nowhere he's staying with us will score a 12 or so more goals then bugger off on a free end of season

leaving us with £10 million short and nowt but memories

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Austin to Villa on 12:58 - Nov 17 with 1831 viewswhittocksRs

He won't go to Villa. If Southampton, Swansea, West Ham or someone like that comes in with £6m, £7m or £8m I think we'd take it, especially as we're not going to be in the promotion mix, but otherwise he'll wait until the end of the season.
Login to get fewer ads

Austin to Villa on 13:09 - Nov 17 with 1787 viewsCopenranger

Being QPR is always interesting :)
We start the season with a plan to "build and develop". We then keep Charlie and push for promotion. CR doesn't fit that profile and doesn't deliver, so he gets the boot. We sell Charlie and change expectations back to "build and develop" :)
Austin to Villa on 13:34 - Nov 17 with 1720 viewsAntti_Heinola

Austin to Villa on 12:58 - Nov 17 by whittocksRs

He won't go to Villa. If Southampton, Swansea, West Ham or someone like that comes in with £6m, £7m or £8m I think we'd take it, especially as we're not going to be in the promotion mix, but otherwise he'll wait until the end of the season.

Exactly. Not a cat in hell's chance he'll go to a team in as deep doo doo as Villa.

Bare bones.

Austin to Villa on 14:34 - Nov 17 with 1645 viewsstevec

Austin to Villa on 13:34 - Nov 17 by Antti_Heinola

Exactly. Not a cat in hell's chance he'll go to a team in as deep doo doo as Villa.

Why not? Short term loan until the end of the season, then still a free agent at the end of it.

I think Charlie is beginning to realise that however good you were in the Prem, you soon get forgotten in the Championship. A season down here for a player like him is a long time.
Austin to Villa on 14:35 - Nov 17 with 1642 viewsqpr1976

Austin to Villa on 18:43 - Nov 16 by terryb

One little problem with this.

The chances that Charlie would agree to sign for Aston Villa is remote!

He has stated that he ain't going anywhere & the club has no say in that.

Next summer he can select his club & his salary. Why would you not wait for then?

He's also quoted as saying he's not ruled out a January move.

But I agree Villa is an unlikely destination for him.
Austin to Villa on 15:26 - Nov 17 with 1578 viewsMvpeter

He'll make a hell of a lot of money as a free agent in the summer and have a choice of suitors.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Austin to Villa on 16:22 - Nov 17 with 1510 viewsQPR_John

Austin to Villa on 15:26 - Nov 17 by Mvpeter

He'll make a hell of a lot of money as a free agent in the summer and have a choice of suitors.

True but then anything could happen between now and the end of the season. If somebody comes in for him and we are prepared to sell he has to weigh up his options. A guaranteed 3 year plus contract on x per month or wait and gamble till the end of the season. Not always black and white
Austin to Villa on 16:48 - Nov 17 with 1456 viewswhittocksRs

Austin to Villa on 16:22 - Nov 17 by QPR_John

True but then anything could happen between now and the end of the season. If somebody comes in for him and we are prepared to sell he has to weigh up his options. A guaranteed 3 year plus contract on x per month or wait and gamble till the end of the season. Not always black and white

It's relatively black and white: top quality striker with no club whose wages won't break the bank, available for nothing. Yes, there will be clubs willing to sign him.

He definitely won't want to join a team battling relegation in January, probably having to agree to a wage cut if that team goes down.
Austin to Villa on 16:55 - Nov 17 with 1434 viewsMvpeter

Austin to Villa on 16:22 - Nov 17 by QPR_John

I definitely see your point and Austin does have some injury troubles but I think he'll risk it.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Austin to Villa on 17:52 - Nov 17 with 1372 viewsQPR_John

Austin to Villa on 16:48 - Nov 17 by whittocksRs

It's relatively black and white: top quality striker with no club whose wages won't break the bank, available for nothing. Yes, there will be clubs willing to sign him.

He definitely won't want to join a team battling relegation in January, probably having to agree to a wage cut if that team goes down.

Not saying there would not be clubs willing to sign him if he was fit but what if.... That was the point I was making
Austin to Villa on 17:57 - Nov 17 with 1358 viewsbosh67

He'll never sign for Villa. Only top 6. Otherwise as said above, he will make more money than he could ever spend on a free transfer at the end of the season.

Until then he will put his head down, be a proper pro, like he always is, and play hard for us.

Plus... he has to pass a medical!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024