Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Congratulations to Karl 17:49 - Nov 28 with 5793 viewsdistortR

Don't know if he'll thank me for this, But Karl has been appointed manager of Orkney's international team, well done mate!

Isle of Man v Orkney in the island games, Karl v Bass, I'll be wearing tartan!!
Congratulations to Karl on 17:58 - Nov 28 with 4225 viewsJonDoeman

Well done Karl !! Good luck .

It Is What It Is !!

Congratulations to Karl on 18:56 - Nov 28 with 4072 viewsted_hendrix

Karl out.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Congratulations to Karl on 19:53 - Nov 28 with 3948 viewskarl

Thanks mate!

Ted will probably be right but since my first game is likely to be in June then i'm hoping to break Brian Clough's short term tenure.
The aim is to beat Shetland in 2016 (among other fixtures) and build for the 'Island Games' in Gotland Sweden in 2017 where 16 island 'nations' compete within a mini Olympics style sports gathering. The Isle of Man have got it coming!
Congratulations to Karl on 19:55 - Nov 28 with 3933 viewsJonDoeman

Congratulations to Karl on 19:53 - Nov 28 by karl

Thanks mate!

Ted will probably be right but since my first game is likely to be in June then i'm hoping to break Brian Clough's short term tenure.
The aim is to beat Shetland in 2016 (among other fixtures) and build for the 'Island Games' in Gotland Sweden in 2017 where 16 island 'nations' compete within a mini Olympics style sports gathering. The Isle of Man have got it coming!

You don't know what you're doing!

It Is What It Is !!

Congratulations to Karl on 20:03 - Nov 28 with 3872 viewskarl

Congratulations to Karl on 19:55 - Nov 28 by JonDoeman

You don't know what you're doing!

Hoof it!!!!
Congratulations to Karl on 22:30 - Nov 28 with 3681 viewsdistortR

Congratulations to Karl on 20:03 - Nov 28 by karl

Hoof it!!!!

Will part of your team training involve having the poor buggers run round the perimeter of the natural history museum while you try and decide at which entrance you are standing?
Congratulations to Karl on 22:44 - Nov 28 with 3657 viewsloftboy

Someone tell tony on twitter that we already have our next manager in our ranks, seriously great new for you Karl

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Congratulations to Karl on 23:13 - Nov 28 with 3603 viewsjamois

Wow. Just feckinh wow! Stunned. Stunning.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Login to get fewer ads

Congratulations to Karl on 23:13 - Nov 28 with 3603 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well done, kid!

Hang on - you're a gentleman with integrity.... I think we know how this ends...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Congratulations to Karl on 23:19 - Nov 28 with 3585 viewsnewgolddream

Congratulations to Karl on 19:53 - Nov 28 by karl

Thanks mate!

Congratulations to Karl on 23:38 - Nov 28 with 3545 viewskarl

Congratulations to Karl on 23:13 - Nov 28 by BrianMcCarthy

Well done, kid!

Hang on - you're a gentleman with integrity.... I think we know how this ends...

I've been promised three years, they won't renege on that surely Brian?

Seriously, thanks everyone I am proud to have been given the opportunity. I was lucky enough to play for and captain Orkney and in my limited football life it is the highlight of it so after 'managing' in the local league for 14(!) years i've got a chance to hopefully build a competitive side for our annual derby vs Shetland (they have the upper hand overall and beat us 6-0 this year). Funding will be the biggest hurdle to go to the Island Games but there is an appetite for it so i'm confident we can make it, although it is maximum 16 teams and first 16 entered is all that will be accepted so we need to get our finger out. I played at one and it was a great experience so i would like others to have that too.
I will have to have a match thread end of July/start of August (*Shetland) to which i can peek at to get some in game tips!
Congratulations to Karl on 23:45 - Nov 28 with 3526 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Congratulations to Karl on 23:38 - Nov 28 by karl

I've been promised three years, they won't renege on that surely Brian?

Seriously, thanks everyone I am proud to have been given the opportunity. I was lucky enough to play for and captain Orkney and in my limited football life it is the highlight of it so after 'managing' in the local league for 14(!) years i've got a chance to hopefully build a competitive side for our annual derby vs Shetland (they have the upper hand overall and beat us 6-0 this year). Funding will be the biggest hurdle to go to the Island Games but there is an appetite for it so i'm confident we can make it, although it is maximum 16 teams and first 16 entered is all that will be accepted so we need to get our finger out. I played at one and it was a great experience so i would like others to have that too.
I will have to have a match thread end of July/start of August (*Shetland) to which i can peek at to get some in game tips!

You need to practice your excuses, but you've made a good start:-

"funding...funding...funding"

You need to add:-

"short of a few...need a player or two...lacking a bit of quality..."

Congratulations to Karl on 00:04 - Nov 29 with 3490 viewskarl

Congratulations to Karl on 23:45 - Nov 28 by BrianMcCarthy

You need to practice your excuses, but you've made a good start:-

"funding...funding...funding"

You need to add:-

"short of a few...need a player or two...lacking a bit of quality..."

Haha, probably true enough Brian. Shetland is mega rich compared to Orkney and we always use that excuse!
Unfortunately going to the Island Games might involve committing to players going well before it is held as the individual cost will be circa £1k, although our association does have relatively good funds to commit £20k for 20 players from approx 600 active adult footballers is puting too much on the 'elite' end of the game so we'll expect a large proportion to come from each player which will reduce the available player pool. When i went as a player we ended up only having 13 players to play 4 games in 5 days, Shetland genuinely don't have this problem and travel all over Scotland and these Games individually cost free due to their 'rich' local authority.
On a social level we are a well funded area and we can't complain about our lot but Shetland just p*ss us off cos they're so loaded!!
Congratulations to Karl on 00:06 - Nov 29 with 3484 viewsCiderwithRsie

Blimey, not only a manager but a man who has captained his country. We are not worthy.

Do you get a vote at FIFA?
Congratulations to Karl on 00:09 - Nov 29 with 3481 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Congratulations to Karl on 00:04 - Nov 29 by karl

Haha, probably true enough Brian. Shetland is mega rich compared to Orkney and we always use that excuse!
Unfortunately going to the Island Games might involve committing to players going well before it is held as the individual cost will be circa £1k, although our association does have relatively good funds to commit £20k for 20 players from approx 600 active adult footballers is puting too much on the 'elite' end of the game so we'll expect a large proportion to come from each player which will reduce the available player pool. When i went as a player we ended up only having 13 players to play 4 games in 5 days, Shetland genuinely don't have this problem and travel all over Scotland and these Games individually cost free due to their 'rich' local authority.
On a social level we are a well funded area and we can't complain about our lot but Shetland just p*ss us off cos they're so loaded!!

'We'll never be mastered, by no, by no Shetland bastard'
Congratulations to Karl on 00:14 - Nov 29 with 3467 viewskarl

Congratulations to Karl on 00:06 - Nov 29 by CiderwithRsie

Blimey, not only a manager but a man who has captained his country. We are not worthy.

Do you get a vote at FIFA?

If only Scotland had got independence then Orkney and Shetland were set to go it alone, we'd have been in the World Cup!
I did play against Gibraltar (lost 2-0) at the Island Games and this year was watching them in the same group as Scotland, and only 2 places in the group below us.....
Congratulations to Karl on 00:18 - Nov 29 with 3460 viewskarl

Congratulations to Karl on 00:09 - Nov 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

'We'll never be mastered, by no, by no Shetland bastard'

I'll have to put that in the tunnel, unfortunately the only tunnel we'll have will be my escape one if we're losing 4-0 at half-time
Congratulations to Karl on 00:22 - Nov 29 with 3449 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Congratulations to Karl on 00:18 - Nov 29 by karl

I'll have to put that in the tunnel, unfortunately the only tunnel we'll have will be my escape one if we're losing 4-0 at half-time

Yeah but free pints for life and the keys to Stromness if you give them a spanking.
Congratulations to Karl on 00:23 - Nov 29 with 3447 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Congratulations to Karl on 00:04 - Nov 29 by karl

Ya, ya, all probably true....

Listen , Shetland women are easy. Bring a Doctor.

Congratulations to Karl on 00:30 - Nov 29 with 3425 viewskarl

Congratulations to Karl on 00:22 - Nov 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

Yeah but free pints for life and the keys to Stromness if you give them a spanking.

Do you think those keys would let me out?
Congratulations to Karl on 00:31 - Nov 29 with 3421 viewskarl

Congratulations to Karl on 00:23 - Nov 29 by BrianMcCarthy

Ya, ya, all probably true....

Listen , Shetland women are easy. Bring a Doctor.

That's true Brian, agent provocateurs - better than Harry's anyday
Congratulations to Karl on 01:30 - Nov 29 with 3357 viewstimcocking

I'm not sure he's experienced enough!

Hey, that's quite cool though.
Congratulations to Karl on 02:28 - Nov 29 with 3320 viewsPunteR

Well done Karl. You don't fancy the QPR job then?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Congratulations to Karl on 03:19 - Nov 29 with 3301 viewsJAPRANGERS

Congratulations Karl!

Just hope that you don't treat away games as bonus games and how's your knees anyway??
Congratulations to Karl on 04:28 - Nov 29 with 3282 viewsisawqpratwcity

Just because Gibraltar was an irritating boil on Franco's arse, that doesn't make them an island.

Congratulations, Karl. Are you still allowed to post on LFW? I didn't think we did people with actual credibility.

Charge a levy on the BBC film crews that come to make those Orkney archaeology docos that I watch completely stunned. Put them damn TV licence fees to work!

[Post edited 29 Nov 2015 4:43]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024