Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Olly's Comments on Sky 22:19 - Dec 3 with 3528 viewsBklynRanger

My God - I'd have given him the job if he'd really wanted it.

"All of these managers think they're going to go up this year, well I'm sorry but you're not. Two go up automatically and the other one through the paly-offs. Just build something!"

He mentioned building 3 or 4 times. Said Warnock looked like he'd wanted the job from his post match interview. Didn't know who' brought him in but it was very strange. Said we should just have left him in there. JFH needs time. The squad isn't as good as the top teams in the division.

I don't really believe we should have left Warnock in, that in itself would go against the idea of building and I still think Warnock wanted Les's job. But in general he was so refreshingly straight forward.
Olly's Comments on Sky on 22:23 - Dec 3 with 3462 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I loved listening to him. He spoke nothing but sense and it was informed, intelligent and honest. No condescension or dumbing-down.

I agree also with your point about not giving the job to Warnock. If he doesn't honestly want to stay long-term the we needed to find someone who did. The time for games is over.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Olly's Comments on Sky on 22:45 - Dec 3 with 3245 viewshamptonhillhoop

It's just so obvious that he cares so much for QPR. Love him
Olly's Comments on Sky on 22:47 - Dec 3 with 3213 viewsconnell10

Top man olly , love the ,,bloke!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Olly's Comments on Sky on 23:03 - Dec 3 with 3090 viewsRangersw12

Agreed with everything he said

Would of loved him back and seems to know what the job entails

If it wasn't for Holloway I doubt we would even have a club now
Olly's Comments on Sky on 00:58 - Dec 4 with 2854 viewsPunteR

Olly was brilliant tonight with his comments. Said it how he see's things.
If he cant understand why Warnock was brought in then how are some fans supposed to either.
Lots of politics going on.
I Completely agreed with him regarding the timing of it all.

His last comments says it all for me. Give LF, JFH a chance ,let them get on with building the club. In other words TF ..STAY AWAY AND LET THEM DO THEIR JOB.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Olly's Comments on Sky on 07:30 - Dec 4 with 2645 viewsdaveB

I thought he was superb and bang on, we were crap for most of the game again last night. Fer going through the motions and giving minimal effort as usual. Great to win but so much to do and Warnock talking of playoffs won't help, we'll do very well to make the top 6 this season
Olly's Comments on Sky on 08:05 - Dec 4 with 2541 viewsdavman

Olly's Comments on Sky on 00:58 - Dec 4 by PunteR

Olly was brilliant tonight with his comments. Said it how he see's things.
If he cant understand why Warnock was brought in then how are some fans supposed to either.
Lots of politics going on.
I Completely agreed with him regarding the timing of it all.

His last comments says it all for me. Give LF, JFH a chance ,let them get on with building the club. In other words TF ..STAY AWAY AND LET THEM DO THEIR JOB.

...or "Fans. Stay off their back and let them do their job????"

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Olly's Comments on Sky on 08:24 - Dec 4 with 2486 viewsngbqpr

Olly's Comments on Sky on 07:30 - Dec 4 by daveB

I thought he was superb and bang on, we were crap for most of the game again last night. Fer going through the motions and giving minimal effort as usual. Great to win but so much to do and Warnock talking of playoffs won't help, we'll do very well to make the top 6 this season

Agreed. I'm well aware of how this League works, and how teams have sudden winning / losing streaks that turn the table on its head - but it's already beginning to look like 5 of the top 6 are not far off being settled, it's a question of what order they finish in. The only one of those 5 I see as a surprise package is Brighton....but with the momentum they've now got, backed by a big crowd, with a manager who's done it before, and Wilson added, I can see them staying the pace now

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Login to get fewer ads

Olly's Comments on Sky on 08:41 - Dec 4 with 2428 viewsichbinnaughty

"The squad is t as good as the top teams in the division" ?????
I'm sorry but that's bullocks.
It's arguably the best squad in the division. And the players need to step up and show it - play to their reputations.
I'm talking the likes of Green, Chief (he's playing superbly at the moment), Konchesky, Fer, Sandro, Faurlin, Henry, Perch, Phillips, Austin, Chery; plus the likes of JET, Luongo (when he gets a chance).
It's a strong squad. A decent matchday squad of 16 or so. Lots of top level experience.
Question is, have the players underperformed? Yes, massively.
Olly's Comments on Sky on 08:46 - Dec 4 with 2402 viewsichbinnaughty

Incidentally, I still love Olly.
Superb man.
Olly's Comments on Sky on 09:00 - Dec 4 with 2358 viewsMonahoop

I agreed with much of what he said last night. Good to see him looking so much better now he's out of management at the moment. He looked like a picture of death while at Palace and Millwall, but then who wouldn't if you connect yourself to those two oddments.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Olly's Comments on Sky on 09:08 - Dec 4 with 2324 viewsbarbicanranger

Olly's Comments on Sky on 08:46 - Dec 4 by ichbinnaughty

Incidentally, I still love Olly.
Superb man.

Me too, he's an unbelievable person in my opinion - very special personality.

Seems to divide the support base but I would have taken him back - I actually voted for him in one of those online votes.
Olly's Comments on Sky on 09:34 - Dec 4 with 2268 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I love Olly and I didn't see the game last night or the pre match or half time analysis. I got in late and rewound to our goal then watched from there.
I watched his comments after the game and although I agreed with some of what he said I can't agree that those teams he mentioned are miles better than us. Boro were incredibly fortunate to beat us the other week and Derby was a tight one as well. Both were away fixtures.I think if we can get galvanised we can more than match those teams.
Olly's Comments on Sky on 09:45 - Dec 4 with 2233 viewsichbinnaughty

Olly's Comments on Sky on 09:34 - Dec 4 by CroydonCaptJack

I love Olly and I didn't see the game last night or the pre match or half time analysis. I got in late and rewound to our goal then watched from there.
I watched his comments after the game and although I agreed with some of what he said I can't agree that those teams he mentioned are miles better than us. Boro were incredibly fortunate to beat us the other week and Derby was a tight one as well. Both were away fixtures.I think if we can get galvanised we can more than match those teams.

^this^

No one in this league is streets ahead of us (On paper)
Olly's Comments on Sky on 09:57 - Dec 4 with 2192 views1MoreBrightonR

Olly's Comments on Sky on 08:41 - Dec 4 by ichbinnaughty

"The squad is t as good as the top teams in the division" ?????
I'm sorry but that's bullocks.
It's arguably the best squad in the division. And the players need to step up and show it - play to their reputations.
I'm talking the likes of Green, Chief (he's playing superbly at the moment), Konchesky, Fer, Sandro, Faurlin, Henry, Perch, Phillips, Austin, Chery; plus the likes of JET, Luongo (when he gets a chance).
It's a strong squad. A decent matchday squad of 16 or so. Lots of top level experience.
Question is, have the players underperformed? Yes, massively.

The key line is "play to their reputations"....most those players have reputations that far exceed their ability.

Onuoha has been up and down, Henry is cack, Faurlin is playing to his (post injury ability), Sandro plays well for the 10% of games he is fit for, Konchesky was good 4 years ago, Green has always been dodgy and still is, JET has always been solid but never amazing. I'd say only 4 of those mentioned are under performing...Chery, Philips, Fer and maybe Perch based on what we were expecting (though none of is have seen more than 5 minutes of cack from him since he joined).

Austin is doing what Austin does...scoring when he plays and causing problems.
Olly's Comments on Sky on 10:15 - Dec 4 with 2153 viewsToast_R

Fully respect the bloke for what he achieved as QPR boss but I can’t take what he says as gospel like most posters on here seem to. He’s all for the man in charge’s point of view which is understandable.

Can’t understand why Warnock was brought in?
Probably something to do with the p*ss poor job the manager was doing…

Teams above us are much better?
On the basis of the games he’s been a pundit on, he could be right but as Croydon says, other then Fulham which, was a derby and a game we traditionally bottle, they had all been away matches and we haven’t been pummelled have we?

I make him right on the pre match talk though about Strikers. QPR need to sort out this issue in January and also the Austin issue for a new manager to take on is a real p*sser.

But DaveB, what’s wrong with Warnock talking play offs if he believes it’s achievable?
Olly's Comments on Sky on 15:10 - Dec 4 with 1929 viewsBklynRanger

I'd be surprised if too many of us take what he says as Gospel, Toast. Not sure that's fair. He still has his own style of backing himself up over decisions he made, or things that have happened, in the past. And he's obviously not right about everything - like I said he seemed to sort of contradict himself over the idea of leaving Warnock in the job while looking to build something.

As far as the squad goes, I honestly can't make a properly informed comparison between us and the top 6 - I just don't know enough about them really. It does seem clear that we have a decent core of players with a definite sprinkling of over-rateds and underachievers. Something to do with the whole being less than the some of its parts or summat. It'll be interesting to see what JFH does with it all - for example, why Luongo hasn't got a look in under Warnock is beyond me.

Basically though Olly talked with a lot of passion, insight and clarity which was very refreshing. He says so much that there will always be 2 or 3 things you can't agree with or that border on the bonkers but that's him.
Olly's Comments on Sky on 15:18 - Dec 4 with 1907 viewsJuzzie

I think we need to put Olly & Warnock aside.

JFH is our man now.
Olly's Comments on Sky on 11:29 - Dec 5 with 1701 viewsMancR

I will always love the man for what he did all these years ago but what he said about the team was nonsense. To my eyes they were battling for Warnock and certainly not coasting towards new manager. It wasn't pretty( when has it been?) but they fought to the end and celebrated the winner like it meant something.
Olly's Comments on Sky on 12:52 - Dec 5 with 1655 views2Thomas2Bowles

Can’t understand why Warnock was brought in

I'm sure Olly said a few weeks ago that Rangers were in good hands with Warnock
so maybe he is saying he does not know why bring him in then let him go

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Olly's Comments on Sky on 13:40 - Dec 5 with 1593 viewsDorse

My daughter, Tantor, broke my antique Ian Holloway 'Let's have coffee!' mug yesterday. I am in mourning. I'm sitting shiva under the kitchen table whilst relatives and well-wishers visit and we recall the good times. The mug will be buried in a private ceremony. Family only. No flowers. Donations to my new chosen charity: Beat The Children.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024