Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tiger 08:36 - Jun 1 with 2408 viewskingsburyR

Now I'm not his biggest fan but where do the yank law enforcement get off on releasing dash-cam footage of his (or anyone's for that matter) arrest?

It is humiliation of the highest order.

Yes I know he shouldn't have been driving and was a danger to the public but to have it splashed over every front page and news web site is an absolute disgrace.

And to supply the audio also is the icing on the cake!!!
[Post edited 1 Jun 2017 8:44]

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Tiger on 09:00 - Jun 1 with 2374 viewsTheChef

Exactly - what purpose does it serve and is it even legal?

More media distraction / 'fake news'.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Tiger on 09:33 - Jun 1 with 2330 viewseghamranger

Different is he is guilty, but it sounds like he will plead not guilty.

Innocent until proven guilty, but American law is a joke
Tiger on 09:52 - Jun 1 with 2312 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I think the matter in the US is akin to that in the UK or, certainly used to be in the UK.

Firstly, he drove while unfit, which does not seem to be in dispute.

So it moves on to the second question, what caused him to be unfit? If you're rendered incapable by alcohol and/or illegal drugs, then you're in more serious trouble.

However, as it seems to be the case here, he will state that his alleged 'unfitness' arose from an unexpected reaction to prescription medication. The law will then need to assess; whether it was so unexpected (after all, if you take Night Nurse the bottle says don't drive) and, at what point he knew or, should have known he was slipping into the realms of unfitness.

So, if he was wobbly before he got into the car, then he shouldn't have started to drive and the pendulum swings against him.

As for the footage issue, I am just so surprised these things are aired before the trial decision has been reached. It can be highly prejudicial for the parties need for a fair trial.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Tiger on 10:09 - Jun 1 with 2291 viewsDorse

What ever do you mean, officer? I've hardly touched a drop.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Tiger on 01:06 - Jun 3 with 2065 viewsBoston

Tiger on 09:33 - Jun 1 by eghamranger

Different is he is guilty, but it sounds like he will plead not guilty.

Innocent until proven guilty, but American law is a joke

The greatest thing about the USA is the law. The worst thing about the USA is the law. His pictures , media coverage is permitted by (guessing a little) the First Amendment, which can be a real pain in the rear end, but it falls under restricting speech.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Tiger on 08:19 - Jun 3 with 1985 viewsdanehoop

Tiger on 10:09 - Jun 1 by Dorse

What ever do you mean, officer? I've hardly touched a drop.

Strangely hypnotic....

Never knowingly understood

Tiger on 10:17 - Jun 4 with 1787 viewssmegma

Be greatful he's a famous black man . Otherwise he'd be lying on a slab in the mortuary.
Tiger on 10:49 - Jun 4 with 1748 viewsRangersDave

I think nothing is sacred now, leaks everywhere, government, military, you name it.

The time you could employ someone who actually kept confidentiality is long gone.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Login to get fewer ads

Tiger on 15:30 - Jun 4 with 1684 viewsBoston

Tiger on 10:17 - Jun 4 by smegma

Be greatful he's a famous black man . Otherwise he'd be lying on a slab in the mortuary.

An urban myth or another attempt by those with an axe to grind to attack law enforcement? Well smeggy, my thoughts are the latter and unfortunately they've done a good job spreading this lie when even clever chaps like yourself find credence with the claim. Of course I'm being a little presumptuous, I've jumped to the conclusion you're not joking, but that aside, it only takes a little research to come up with the facts and they are that Caucasians are actually the most likely to be shot by a Police Officer. That is not a figure based on the sheer numbers but on the percentage of times an officer is involved in a shooting.
I gave the same advice to my children which my parents gave to me, when dealing with the law, shut up and follow their instructions, the time to get serious is in the court room. Some people appear incapable of rational thought when dealing with authority, we've all seen those who consider it appropriate to give a copper a hard time or mouth off at the drop of a hat, lamentably it's those same folk who feel comfortable with confrontational attitudes whose ill informed opinions are spread by the media.

Tiger on 10:10 - Jun 5 with 1543 viewssmegma

Sorry I didn't put in exclamation marks. My grammar is poor.
Tiger on 16:27 - Jun 5 with 1471 viewsBoston

Tiger on 10:10 - Jun 5 by smegma

Sorry I didn't put in exclamation marks. My grammar is poor.

Sorry to have to admit that my education is such that I didn't even notice.😉

Tiger on 16:51 - Jun 5 with 1457 viewsrobith

Tiger on 15:30 - Jun 4 by Boston

An urban myth or another attempt by those with an axe to grind to attack law enforcement? Well smeggy, my thoughts are the latter and unfortunately they've done a good job spreading this lie when even clever chaps like yourself find credence with the claim. Of course I'm being a little presumptuous, I've jumped to the conclusion you're not joking, but that aside, it only takes a little research to come up with the facts and they are that Caucasians are actually the most likely to be shot by a Police Officer. That is not a figure based on the sheer numbers but on the percentage of times an officer is involved in a shooting.
I gave the same advice to my children which my parents gave to me, when dealing with the law, shut up and follow their instructions, the time to get serious is in the court room. Some people appear incapable of rational thought when dealing with authority, we've all seen those who consider it appropriate to give a copper a hard time or mouth off at the drop of a hat, lamentably it's those same folk who feel comfortable with confrontational attitudes whose ill informed opinions are spread by the media.

Can I ask for a source on that? Just as the last statistics I saw factored for relative population sizes had black Americans as 2.5 times more likely to be shot than white Americans, and of those shot whilst unarmed that figure rose to 5 times (around mid 2016 I think)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024