Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gladwin. 08:28 - Jul 14 with 3157 viewsconnell10

I liked the look of this kid when he played the other day. I know it was against a crap team , but there is something about him that looks like he could be a really good player! Of course i could be wrong!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Gladwin. on 08:35 - Jul 14 with 3124 viewsGloucs_R

One of the lads I work with supports Swindon and his Dad is a ST holder. He said that Galdwin seems to effortlessly go past people and will be a quality player in a couple of years.

Also said that if Luongo can focus then he will also be a star.

Gladwin can play anywhere in midfield but will be better on the left. Likes to cut in a lot so does get found out but does with effortlessly

Luongo is a box to box midfielder, should do well in the 2 of a 4231 or playing the number 10 role

Poll: Are we staying up?

Gladwin. on 09:08 - Jul 14 with 3033 viewssimmo

Austin said as much in commentary, spoke about how he hasn't got pace, but uses trickery and timing to go past people. Showed it a bit in the friendly, albeit against meagre opposition.

Like the look of him though, I always enjoy that kind of player.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2015 10:38]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Gladwin. on 09:46 - Jul 14 with 2911 viewsconnell10

Gladwin. on 09:08 - Jul 14 by simmo

Austin said as much in commentary, spoke about how he hasn't got pace, but uses trickery and timing to go past people. Showed it a bit in the friendly, albeit against meagre opposition.

Like the look of him though, I always enjoy that kind of player.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2015 10:38]

yep the way he glides past a player , i like that a lot!

Gladwin. on 10:00 - Jul 14 with 2868 viewskingsburyR

Gladwin. on 08:35 - Jul 14 by Gloucs_R

One of the lads I work with supports Swindon and his Dad is a ST holder. He said that Galdwin seems to effortlessly go past people and will be a quality player in a couple of years.

Gladwin can play anywhere in midfield but will be better on the left. Likes to cut in a lot so does get found out but does with effortlessly

Luongo is a box to box midfielder, should do well in the 2 of a 4231 or playing the number 10 role

"Gets found out effortlessly".

Love it!!!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Gladwin. on 10:01 - Jul 14 with 2868 viewsdanehoop

Gladwin. on 09:46 - Jul 14 by connell10

yep the way he glides past a player , i like that a lot!

I think that he and JET may create a lot of opportunities for our strikers (whomever they might turn out to be) this year.

Never knowingly understood

Gladwin. on 10:09 - Jul 14 with 2838 viewsbosh67

I actually think that he could be the next Austin. His finishing is tremendous.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Gladwin. on 10:27 - Jul 14 with 2780 viewsPunteR

Gladwin. on 08:35 - Jul 14 by Gloucs_R

Just to back up what you said, I heard exactly the same from my Swindon supporting ST holder mate.
Impressive player.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Gladwin. on 23:44 - Apr 27 with 2406 viewsconnell10

just thought id bump this one up again and say i still think the lad has something about the way he plays that i like.

Login to get fewer ads

Gladwin. on 08:17 - Apr 28 with 2189 viewssimmo

Thought he has been one of the best on the pitch for the last 2 games, lacking a little here and there but he's definitely got something of the Tommy Smith about him.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Gladwin. on 09:06 - Apr 28 with 2109 viewsjonno

Looked a League One player to me on Saturday, but that is just one game. Needs to work on his touch if he going to step up, but does have the attributes to be a decent Championship player. Doesn't look fully fit yet either.
Gladwin. on 10:19 - Apr 28 with 2009 viewsDiscodroids

I bestow upon Gladwin my Jordan Mutch , Frankie Sutherland seal of approval which no doubt means he's fked. Like him a lot . Along with Petresso , could well be a Crucial player for us next season .
[Post edited 28 Apr 2016 10:21]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Gladwin. on 10:27 - Apr 28 with 1990 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Nominative Determinism.

Google it.

Would be handy for Mr Gladwin to indulge in some. After using a word like that i'm going to go back to my crayons.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2016 10:28]
Gladwin. on 10:30 - Apr 28 with 1980 viewswrinklyhoop

Not at all sure what this guy might be. Good touch and positional sense, but lacking any real pace and loses possession too easily. At least he works hard!
Gladwin. on 10:36 - Apr 28 with 1958 viewsGloucs_R

I think Doughty could come back and be a star next year.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Gladwin. on 10:54 - Apr 28 with 1929 viewsEastR

He put me in mind of Chris Waddle when I watched him. I don't think he'll ever be the quickest, and even when fully fit will still have that languid style about him. But I think he can be very effective for us next season.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Gladwin. on 12:27 - Apr 28 with 1833 viewswrinklyhoop

Gladwin. on 10:54 - Apr 28 by EastR

He put me in mind of Chris Waddle when I watched him. I don't think he'll ever be the quickest, and even when fully fit will still have that languid style about him. But I think he can be very effective for us next season.

That's an interesting comparison. If he turns out anywhere near as good as Waddle, he''ll be worth having around.
Gladwin. on 12:32 - Apr 28 with 1823 viewsDando

I don't want to be negative, but so far I haven't really seen much of Gladwin to say hes impressed me. I haven't seen much of him at all to be fair, as hes barely played but when he has done ive felt that he goes missing in games. He doesn't look poor, but nothing ive seen so far fills me with that much confidence apart from the odd run and shot hes made.

Having said that, he has got great comments from Swindon fans and Charlie Austin as people have said, so this gives me some confidence that he will be a great player. Will be interesting to see how JFH slots in our players next year and what system we will play.

With Smithies, Hall, Robinson, Luongo, Chery - we have some good solid players to build around and improve on
Gladwin. on 13:45 - Apr 28 with 1705 viewss1cRanger

Just proves that people watching the same game can have such divided opinions. From what I have seen of Gladwin so far he needs a pre-season with JFH and a few games under his belt to become a Championship player. Although he seemed to get stuck in when give the opportunity in the Reading game he often lost the ball easily and tried too much to beat players when an easy pass was on.

I've seen him play for Swindon a few times too and haven't seen too much to rave about. One was a defeat to Millwall where he was the worst player on the pitch and subbed at half time.

Jury is still out on him. Wouldn't be a starter for next season IMO especially if we add one or two new faces.
Gladwin. on 14:17 - Apr 28 with 1661 viewsDannytheR

Interesting player. Strange one though - on Saturday he'd do something great and something silly within seconds of each other. That's inexperience for you. If he does more of the good things he's capable of, we could have a real player on our hands - although I still can't work out where he should actually be playing.
Gladwin. on 14:20 - Apr 28 with 1657 viewsRangers67

Gladwin. on 13:45 - Apr 28 by s1cRanger

Just proves that people watching the same game can have such divided opinions. From what I have seen of Gladwin so far he needs a pre-season with JFH and a few games under his belt to become a Championship player. Although he seemed to get stuck in when give the opportunity in the Reading game he often lost the ball easily and tried too much to beat players when an easy pass was on.

I've seen him play for Swindon a few times too and haven't seen too much to rave about. One was a defeat to Millwall where he was the worst player on the pitch and subbed at half time.

Jury is still out on him. Wouldn't be a starter for next season IMO especially if we add one or two new faces.

I am inclined to agree with this assessment. To be fair to the lad I have only seen him a handful of times and it will be interesting to see if he improves after a few more games. But his lack of pace means I can,t understand why he is being played out wide and asked to beat people, cos he clearly can,t. I see him as more of a replacement for Faurlin in the future and think he should be developed that way.
Gladwin. on 14:28 - Apr 28 with 1643 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Gladwin. on 13:45 - Apr 28 by s1cRanger

I'd echo what Rangers 67 said about this post, he's looked decidedly iffy, out of place in what little I've seen of him and on Saturday, I thought his first touch was woeful. His second wasn't much better!

However, he has had a wretched start to his Hoops career and a season to forget. I'd start him for the rest of the games and get him in for an early pre-season.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Gladwin. on 20:29 - Apr 28 with 1474 viewsCiderwithRsie

Gladwin. on 10:27 - Apr 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

Nominative Determinism.

Google it.

Would be handy for Mr Gladwin to indulge in some. After using a word like that i'm going to go back to my crayons.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2016 10:28]

Should work for Doughty too.
Gladwin. on 21:55 - Apr 28 with 1396 viewsbaz_qpr

I've not seen anything myself, reminds me a bit of Paul Bruce, certainly does not look a starter in a top half championship side and certainly needs to work on his touch, appreciate it was a fiddle so Swindon would not have to pay the sell on to spurs but I would look to move on in the summer and try and bring in that kid from Charlton
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024