Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Idea for HQ? 21:07 - Jun 1 with 6434 viewsrsonist

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/06/01/could-suprastadio-put-chelsea-liv

Slightly terrifying...
Idea for HQ? on 21:34 - Jun 1 with 6364 viewsBoston

Crikey, when the Barnsley or Millwall fan punches you over the seats there'll be no stopping 'till you hit the turf!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Idea for HQ? on 21:36 - Jun 1 with 6356 viewsTacticalR

The idea of overhanging balconies is not new. It's used in the Barbican Theatre

http://www.barbican.org.uk/25birthday/new-look/12.html

Air hostess clique

Idea for HQ? on 21:38 - Jun 1 with 6347 viewsBoston

Oh, my thoughts on architecture....the jury is out on this. Yes, it's groundbreaking, I'm sure the views and atmosphere will be t'riffic, but my age and traditional ideas are hampering any enthusiasm for this as Loftus Rd.

Idea for HQ? on 21:39 - Jun 1 with 6331 viewsBoston

Idea for HQ? on 21:36 - Jun 1 by TacticalR

Ooer, Tactical goes to the Barbican donchaknow!

Idea for HQ? on 22:01 - Jun 1 with 6279 viewsTacticalR

Idea for HQ? on 21:39 - Jun 1 by Boston

Ooer, Tactical goes to the Barbican donchaknow!

My uncle was one of the architects on the Barbican Theatre. He was quite eccentric and lived in a bedsit near Holland Park until the landlords drove all the tenants out in the eighties (he'd been living there since the sixties). I always used to go round and see him after games at HQ.

Air hostess clique

Idea for HQ? on 23:06 - Jun 1 with 6168 viewsbosh67

Idea for HQ? on 22:01 - Jun 1 by TacticalR

My uncle was one of the architects on the Barbican Theatre. He was quite eccentric and lived in a bedsit near Holland Park until the landlords drove all the tenants out in the eighties (he'd been living there since the sixties). I always used to go round and see him after games at HQ.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Idea for HQ? on 11:25 - Jun 2 with 5802 viewsTW_R

Idea for HQ? on 21:36 - Jun 1 by TacticalR

And in pretty much every theatre in the West End.
Idea for HQ? on 11:51 - Jun 2 with 5759 views18StoneOfHoop

That's one groovy effing uncle, Tactical!

This lovely 1965 video is filmed on the Barbican building site.

I'm going there on June 27th to see Ernest Ranglin's last ever performance - 15 quid pretty reasonable.

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Login to get fewer ads

Idea for HQ? on 11:58 - Jun 2 with 5743 viewsTheBlob

Yup,rename LR The Stack-a-Pleb Stadium.Why not hang them from the roof on wires as well.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Idea for HQ? on 12:01 - Jun 2 with 5738 viewsKonk

My Uncle was a postie whose round covered the Barbican - I remember being surprised and a bit sceptical when he told me he delivered post to Arthur Scargill, but it turns out he did - Scargill later tried to buy the flat under the right-to-buy legislation.

Does anyone else have an Uncle/Barbican connection (TacticalR - I think yours slightly trumps mine).

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Idea for HQ? on 12:30 - Jun 2 with 5676 viewshopphoops

Idea for HQ? on 12:01 - Jun 2 by Konk

My Uncle was a postie whose round covered the Barbican - I remember being surprised and a bit sceptical when he told me he delivered post to Arthur Scargill, but it turns out he did - Scargill later tried to buy the flat under the right-to-buy legislation.

Does anyone else have an Uncle/Barbican connection (TacticalR - I think yours slightly trumps mine).

I have, but not of the same Kaliber as Tactical's.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Idea for HQ? on 14:23 - Jun 2 with 5553 viewsNW10Hoop

I quite like the idea. It would mean that the fans continue to be right up close to the pitch, I imagine the atmosphere would be better than a bowl stadium too
Idea for HQ? on 15:30 - Jun 2 with 5491 viewsDorse

They could just string cables over the pitch and dangle us over the pitch like badly-dressed Christmas decorations.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Idea for HQ? on 15:40 - Jun 2 with 5471 viewsconnell10

i like it!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Idea for HQ? on 15:42 - Jun 2 with 5471 viewsKonk

Idea for HQ? on 12:30 - Jun 2 by hopphoops

I have, but not of the same Kaliber as Tactical's.

You can't just leave it at that. What's your uncle's relationship with the Barbican?

For me, I used to love going to the cinema after working during the 1990-2000's and I was born round the corner at Barts, so always felt an affinity with the place.

Idea for HQ? on 15:57 - Jun 2 with 5442 viewshopphoops

Idea for HQ? on 15:42 - Jun 2 by Konk

You can't just leave it at that. What's your uncle's relationship with the Barbican?

For me, I used to love going to the cinema after working during the 1990-2000's and I was born round the corner at Barts, so always felt an affinity with the place.

Somewhere in my soakaway of a brain this link was quietly festering:

Incidentally both of those are on sale on ebay for 60p + £15 p&p ...

Anyway, I used to go to the cinema there in the 90s too, when I was working at Bart's or before that at Moorfields so snap!

Them were the days eh.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Idea for HQ? on 15:59 - Jun 2 with 5435 views1BobbyHazell

Idea for HQ? on 15:42 - Jun 2 by Konk

I have a client who is an Events Manager at the Barbican. She has made a generous ongoing offer for free tickets to shows etc.

When I finally take her up on this I may take one of my uncles along. Probably Uncle Roy, he's my favourite.
Idea for HQ? on 16:45 - Jun 2 with 5387 viewsKonk

If "Uncle Roy" is Roy Hodgson, please allow me to buy you both a pint at some point.

I used to take advantage of the "Monday madness" offer at the Barbican. Great programming at great prices if you could actually find the screen.

Used to go for a wander round there in the school holidays with my Great Aunts when I was very young. Jump on the bus and then toodle round getting lost before meeting my uncle at a sandwich shop on Rosebury Ave for lunch. Good times. Actually, I think we were bored out of our fuc king minds, but you can't whack spending time with family.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2016 17:36]

Idea for HQ? on 18:46 - Jun 2 with 5280 viewsBoston

Occasionally pop in for a wee wee after an evenings pogoing. Don't think it's easily accessible anymore.

Idea for HQ? on 10:31 - Jun 3 with 5061 views1BobbyHazell

Idea for HQ? on 16:45 - Jun 2 by Konk

If "Uncle Roy" is Roy Hodgson, please allow me to buy you both a pint at some point.

I used to take advantage of the "Monday madness" offer at the Barbican. Great programming at great prices if you could actually find the screen.

Used to go for a wander round there in the school holidays with my Great Aunts when I was very young. Jump on the bus and then toodle round getting lost before meeting my uncle at a sandwich shop on Rosebury Ave for lunch. Good times. Actually, I think we were bored out of our fuc king minds, but you can't whack spending time with family.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2016 17:36]

Alas no Konk. Although in a spot of beautiful irony his family nickname is The Manager since a period in the 70's and early 80's when he was rarely to be found not sporting his beloved sheepskin coat.

I have similar childhood memories although I'm replacing the Barbican with the Arndale Centre. Less culturally impressive but it did have a Tandy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024