Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BREXIT: It's on, it's off, it's on, it's off 14:31 - Jan 24 with 7150 viewsJAPRANGERS

What is going on with BREXIT?? Could someone far more erudite than moi explain easily ??

Why has nothing been done up until now??
[Post edited 24 Jan 2017 14:31]
BREXIT: It's on, it's off, it's on, it's off on 14:32 - Jan 24 with 3669 viewsisawqpratwcity

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-24/brexit-supreme-court-rules-on-article-50/8

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

BREXIT: It's on, it's off, it's on, it's off on 14:35 - Jan 24 with 3653 viewsqueensparker

It's on, as it always was, but Theresa May can't just do whatever she wants, parliament who represent the country have a vote on the way forward.

How even the most rabid Brexiteer thinks this is a bad thing is beyond me, but we seem to be moving through an age of particularly moronic political discourse.
BREXIT: It's on, it's off, it's on, it's off on 14:36 - Jan 24 with 3649 viewsAntti_Heinola

it will definitely happen, absolutely zero doubt about it.

Loads has happened. It's just fiendishly difficult to extricate yourself from something while still getting good replacement deals at the same time.

Bare bones.

BREXIT: It's on, it's off, it's on, it's off on 14:37 - Jan 24 with 3640 viewsMedwayR

Nothing has been done up to now because Theresa May stated some months ago that Article 50 to begin negotiations to exit the EU won't be triggered until the en of March.

All this ruling means is that government have to vote on triggering Article 50 rather than May/Tories doing it as & when they like. It doesn't change anything else, Brexit is still happening.

Poll: Who’s better?

BREXIT: It's on, it's off, it's on, it's off on 14:40 - Jan 24 with 3621 viewsMedwayR

BREXIT: It's on, it's off, it's on, it's off on 14:35 - Jan 24 by queensparker

It's on, as it always was, but Theresa May can't just do whatever she wants, parliament who represent the country have a vote on the way forward.

How even the most rabid Brexiteer thinks this is a bad thing is beyond me, but we seem to be moving through an age of particularly moronic political discourse.

I think there's just a lot of misinformation as usual, if it was explained properly very few people would have a problem with the court ruling.

Poll: Who’s better?

BREXIT: It's on, it's off, it's on, it's off on 14:40 - Jan 24 with 3614 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I watched a lot of the coverage today, JAPRANGERS, and the commentary seemed to indicate that the vote in Parliament that today's ruling guaranteed would most likely come after much negotiation between all the MP's, most likely resulting in amendments to any Bill introduced, and certainly a delay to the process.

But, as the other posters have said, today does not affect the exit. In fact, the Supreme Court was at pains to point out that the ruling in no way concerned EU membership, merely the exit process.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

BREXIT: It's on, it's off, it's on, it's off on 14:42 - Jan 24 with 3598 viewsrobith

All that has happened is the Supreme Court has upheld the constitution of the UK by insisting that Article 50 has to be triggered by the sovereign parliament.

All the hooha and "Enemies of the People" shtick has been farcical, given that people apparently wanted to hand power back to Westminster and most MPs represent constituencies that voted Leave so would be hard pressed to make a case for voting against it. It's actually made it easier by ruling the devolved Parliaments have no say (though that will have deeper consequences later on I imagine)
BREXIT: It's on, it's off, it's on, it's off on 14:42 - Jan 24 with 3594 viewslondonscottish

LOL. Nicely put.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Login to get fewer ads

BREXIT: It's on, it's off, it's on, it's off on 14:51 - Jan 24 with 3552 viewsstevec

From the Courts to Branson, the sewers are slowly rising.
BREXIT: It's on, it's off, it's on, it's off on 14:58 - Jan 24 with 3526 viewsFDC

BREXIT: It's on, it's off, it's on, it's off on 14:51 - Jan 24 by stevec

From the Courts to Branson, the sewers are slowly rising.

Enoch Powell's lesser known Rivers Of Shit speech.
BREXIT: It's on, it's off, it's on, it's off on 15:12 - Jan 24 with 3479 viewsJAPRANGERS

Thanks everybody, makes it clear to me now! This is one of the things I love about this site, always knowledgeable people ready to help others.
BREXIT: It's on, it's off, it's on, it's off on 15:15 - Jan 24 with 3461 viewssmegma

BREXIT: It's on, it's off, it's on, it's off on 14:40 - Jan 24 by BrianMcCarthy

I watched a lot of the coverage today, JAPRANGERS, and the commentary seemed to indicate that the vote in Parliament that today's ruling guaranteed would most likely come after much negotiation between all the MP's, most likely resulting in amendments to any Bill introduced, and certainly a delay to the process.

But, as the other posters have said, today does not affect the exit. In fact, the Supreme Court was at pains to point out that the ruling in no way concerned EU membership, merely the exit process.

Sorry, I will get to the news channels once the World Indoor Bowls Championships coverage finishes on BBC2 at 1645hrs.
BREXIT: It's on, it's off, it's on, it's off on 15:27 - Jan 24 with 3433 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Perhaps we should just all sit down, put the kettle on and then invade Belgium after a nice cup of tea!

Expect the Scottish witch and the Blond lump at the Foreign Office to both have itchy fannies as a result of the decision handed down by the SC.

Proof, if it were ever needed....Das Angelas tread where fools dare to thrush in!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

BREXIT: It's on, it's off, it's on, it's off on 15:39 - Jan 24 with 3382 viewsdanehoop

BREXIT: It's on, it's off, it's on, it's off on 15:27 - Jan 24 by PlanetHonneywood

Perhaps we should just all sit down, put the kettle on and then invade Belgium after a nice cup of tea!

Expect the Scottish witch and the Blond lump at the Foreign Office to both have itchy fannies as a result of the decision handed down by the SC.

Proof, if it were ever needed....Das Angelas tread where fools dare to thrush in!

Think you mean David Davis at Department for Exiting The European Union. All their responsibility rather than Boris.

Never knowingly understood

BREXIT: It's on, it's off, it's on, it's off on 15:39 - Jan 24 with 3381 viewsconnell10

Who cares.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

BREXIT: It's on, it's off, it's on, it's off on 16:15 - Jan 24 with 3333 viewsessextaxiboy

I am a leave voter . I have no problem with todays verdict , the law is the law.

The fact that 3 judges sided with the Government shows that it wasnt a spurious appeal

I welcome another element to the Remain sides objections being dealt with and eliminated .
BREXIT: It's on, it's off, it's on, it's off on 16:19 - Jan 24 with 3316 viewsessextaxiboy

BREXIT: It's on, it's off, it's on, it's off on 15:15 - Jan 24 by smegma

Sorry, I will get to the news channels once the World Indoor Bowls Championships coverage finishes on BBC2 at 1645hrs.

I played indoor bowls for a couple of years . Endless material for a sit-com .
BREXIT: It's on, it's off, it's on, it's off on 16:29 - Jan 24 with 3270 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

BREXIT: It's on, it's off, it's on, it's off on 16:15 - Jan 24 by essextaxiboy

I am a leave voter . I have no problem with todays verdict , the law is the law.

The fact that 3 judges sided with the Government shows that it wasnt a spurious appeal

I welcome another element to the Remain sides objections being dealt with and eliminated .

Nice to hear Essex. No remoaner nonsense from you.

Every, and I mean every, remain voter I have met have accepted the UK's withdrawal from the EU.

The two biggest parties in the UK (Labour and Conservatives), and the SNP have also accepted the UK's wothdrawel from the EU.

The UK will withdraw from the EU.

However, while everyone has accepted the living room needs re decorating, no one can agree on the colour.

Let put an end to this ReMoaner bullshit. It's not a thing.

We are all leavers now.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2017 14:17]
BREXIT: It's on, it's off, it's on, it's off on 16:32 - Jan 24 with 3260 viewsRamseyR

Serious question....Did the MPs have a vote when we entered the common market?
BREXIT: It's on, it's off, it's on, it's off on 16:37 - Jan 24 with 3236 viewsQPR_John

No problem with that but again it does raise the question about the point of the referendum. I do not remember being told this at the time but it seems it was advisory leaving it open to the current prevarication by those MPs and unelected lords against leaving. Parliament voted by a big majority for the referendum so you can only suppose some MPs voted for it in the knowledge they can delay things if they did not get the answer they wanted.

Is article 50 binding. I ask this because of the current idea of a second referendum and/or parliament being given a vote on the deal. What happens if article 50 is triggered, negotiations take place then it is rejected do we go cap in hand to the EU to be allowed back, adopt the Euro and enter the Schengen area. Many questions that don't seem to answered by our lords and masters.
BREXIT: It's on, it's off, it's on, it's off on 16:40 - Jan 24 with 3220 viewsShotKneesHoop

BREXIT: It's on, it's off, it's on, it's off on 15:39 - Jan 24 by connell10

Who cares.

It's bound to end in tears.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

BREXIT: It's on, it's off, it's on, it's off on 16:50 - Jan 24 with 3189 viewsrobith

BREXIT: It's on, it's off, it's on, it's off on 16:37 - Jan 24 by QPR_John

No problem with that but again it does raise the question about the point of the referendum. I do not remember being told this at the time but it seems it was advisory leaving it open to the current prevarication by those MPs and unelected lords against leaving. Parliament voted by a big majority for the referendum so you can only suppose some MPs voted for it in the knowledge they can delay things if they did not get the answer they wanted.

Is article 50 binding. I ask this because of the current idea of a second referendum and/or parliament being given a vote on the deal. What happens if article 50 is triggered, negotiations take place then it is rejected do we go cap in hand to the EU to be allowed back, adopt the Euro and enter the Schengen area. Many questions that don't seem to answered by our lords and masters.

Once you trigger Article 50 it's a done deal. If the deal isn't agreed then we are then subject to standard WTO rates on trade which, aren't great. Hence, in one of the few sensible things our govt has done, we're trying to put a bridging agreement in place. Whether it's accepted or not is up for chat.

To be readmitted to the EU we'd have to go through the application process which takes years. So, once that's triggered, clocks ticks and we leave regardless
BREXIT: It's on, it's off, it's on, it's off on 16:57 - Jan 24 with 3170 viewsQPR_John

BREXIT: It's on, it's off, it's on, it's off on 16:50 - Jan 24 by robith

Once you trigger Article 50 it's a done deal. If the deal isn't agreed then we are then subject to standard WTO rates on trade which, aren't great. Hence, in one of the few sensible things our govt has done, we're trying to put a bridging agreement in place. Whether it's accepted or not is up for chat.

To be readmitted to the EU we'd have to go through the application process which takes years. So, once that's triggered, clocks ticks and we leave regardless

Based on that to be voted against the deal would have to be worse than standard WTO rates. Surely no MP or unelected members of the lords would vote for a poorer deal unless of course they wanted to teach the public a lesson
BREXIT: It's on, it's off, it's on, it's off on 17:19 - Jan 24 with 3130 viewsessextaxiboy

BREXIT: It's on, it's off, it's on, it's off on 16:29 - Jan 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

Nice to hear Essex. No remoaner nonsense from you.

Every, and I mean every, remain voter I have met have accepted the UK's withdrawal from the EU.

The two biggest parties in the UK (Labour and Conservatives), and the SNP have also accepted the UK's wothdrawel from the EU.

The UK will withdraw from the EU.

However, while everyone has accepted the living room needs re decorating, no one can agree on the colour.

Let put an end to this ReMoaner bullshit. It's not a thing.

We are all leavers now.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2017 14:17]

The word Brexit , to use the modern vernacular "boils my p'ss "
BREXIT: It's on, it's off, it's on, it's off on 17:28 - Jan 24 with 3102 viewsessextaxiboy

BREXIT: It's on, it's off, it's on, it's off on 16:32 - Jan 24 by RamseyR

Serious question....Did the MPs have a vote when we entered the common market?

It was exactly the same as this one I believe , legally the vote was advisory but as in this vote the Government committed in writing to implement the will of the majority whatever that was .

A bit easier than this time as it was a 2/3rd majority to join. It was just a trading block then , if it reverted to that now I would be happy to stay .

My hope is that the whole thing collapses and can be rebuilt as just that , a common market.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024