Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FFP 11:18 - Jul 26 with 1053 viewsstowmarketrange

I've just seen that Newcastle have spent £22 million on 2 players so far.Are they exempt from the FFP rules?Or does that rule only apply to clubs that the FA can bully into submission?
I know they have sold players too,but it doesn't seem very fair to me.
FFP on 11:22 - Jul 26 with 1033 viewsNorthernr

Well the rules have been relaxed, and they get parachute payment, and their income would dwarf most other clubs in this division. But essentially, they're just going to ignore it and go straight back like we (just about) did a couple of years ago.
FFP on 11:23 - Jul 26 with 1030 viewsMytch_QPR

Mike Ashley keeps a tight ship - didn't they make a profit whilst in the PL?
Essentially, if they show that it's within their means then they can go ahead. We spent wildly beyond ours given our income.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

FFP on 11:31 - Jul 26 with 1004 viewsstowmarketrange

FFP on 11:22 - Jul 26 by Northernr

Well the rules have been relaxed, and they get parachute payment, and their income would dwarf most other clubs in this division. But essentially, they're just going to ignore it and go straight back like we (just about) did a couple of years ago.

I wasn't only thinking of our situation.I was thinking about all those other clubs who had to suffer a transfer embargo in the last couple of years,like Forest and Blackburn.
It just makes a mockery of the whole thing.Shouldn't the FA just abandon the rules?
FFP on 11:36 - Jul 26 with 977 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Gained £35 million already off two players, probably going to be £45-50m after Sissokho leaves
Have parachute payments from the Premier League and TV money.
Aren't in debt already like we were when we dropped down. Do make profit.
Will still attract crowds of 40/50,000+
They probably aren't breaking any rules

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

FFP on 12:08 - Jul 26 with 882 viewsrsonist

Bit rum of us to start pointing any fingers.
FFP on 12:34 - Jul 26 with 816 viewsQPR_John

FFP on 11:36 - Jul 26 by RANGERS4EVER

Gained £35 million already off two players, probably going to be £45-50m after Sissokho leaves
Have parachute payments from the Premier League and TV money.
Aren't in debt already like we were when we dropped down. Do make profit.
Will still attract crowds of 40/50,000+
They probably aren't breaking any rules

You may well be right just makes a mockery of Financial (un)FAIR play
FFP on 12:48 - Jul 26 with 773 viewsDannytheR

They've brought in the thick end of £50 million from selling players this summer, and they'll fill most of a 52,000 seat stadium all next season.

Mike Ashley has to be one of the most loathsome men in the country, but they would need to be out of the Premiership for a very, very long time before they started making losses on the scale we have under Fernandes.
FFP on 12:53 - Jul 26 with 758 viewsJuzzie

FFP on 12:34 - Jul 26 by QPR_John

You may well be right just makes a mockery of Financial (un)FAIR play

FFP will always favour clubs that can attract 35-40k plus attendances because they simply have a much bigger match day income. This is why plucky Bournemouth got fined £7m recently because it was obvious they got promoted with resources way beyond what they can generate themselves. Personally, I have no problem if a sugar daddy wants to throw £100m away on a club as long as they don't saddle the debt onto the club.
But the authorities don't want your Bournemouth's etc in the PL.

Another reason why Tony & Co are pushing ahead with a new stadium as even at 35k capacity, we should (sic) still get in more people than we are today.

Reading's average attendance went up considerably once they moved from Elm Park to the majeski.
Login to get fewer ads

FFP on 12:53 - Jul 26 with 758 viewsstowmarketrange

FFP on 12:08 - Jul 26 by rsonist

Bit rum of us to start pointing any fingers.

I wasn't pointing any fingers,but loads did when we did a similar thing.
FFP on 12:57 - Jul 26 with 741 viewsdaveB

They also sold players for around 50 million and the rules have changes so you now have 3 years to comply
FFP on 12:57 - Jul 26 with 738 viewsQPR_Jim

Doesn't FFP just encourage more spending in the bottom half of the premier league. For example Andros Townsend a 12m punt which if they do get relegated can/has been sold for the same money or thereabouts but now, since relegation is vital additional revenue. We appeared to do similar with Chris Samba, not that it helped us much.

If i looks bad in Jan spend a shed load, if you stay up awesome if you go down you can sell your January purchases six months later to fund you promotion push. Win-Win for the club but i'd hate to be used like that as a player.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024