Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is the Levy breaking? 18:27 - Sep 1 with 1827 viewsAntti_Heinola

Not that long ago people on here and everywhere couldn't wait to kneel in front of Daniel Levy's skinny thighs and tell him what a master manipulator he is in the transfer market... but how true was that view of him? These days it looks ropier every year.

£30m for Sissoko? Only a few weeks after they offered about £16m for him and then gave up because they didn't think he was worth more?

He saw Wijnaldum as too much at £25m, but spent £5m more on an older player who basically gave up at Newcastle for months on end.

Seems to me like he's flailing now smaller clubs are flinging money around.

Bare bones.

Is the Levy breaking? on 18:31 - Sep 1 with 1819 viewsrsonist

Not as stupid as it looked:

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/revealed-how-much-tottenham-are-paying-

"although the structure of the payments means Newcastle would receive the full fee – in five instalments of £6m – only if he stays for the duration of his five-year contract."
Is the Levy breaking? on 18:35 - Sep 1 with 1802 viewsrsonist

Selling Yedlin, Mason, Pritchard and Chadli for £40m didn't look much like flailing to me either.
Is the Levy breaking? on 19:13 - Sep 1 with 1719 viewsngbqpr

Is the Levy breaking? on 18:35 - Sep 1 by rsonist

Selling Yedlin, Mason, Pritchard and Chadli for £40m didn't look much like flailing to me either.

agreed - 8 million for Pritchard!!!

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Is the Levy breaking? on 19:29 - Sep 1 with 1683 viewsAntti_Heinola

Is the Levy breaking? on 18:31 - Sep 1 by rsonist

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/revealed-how-much-tottenham-are-paying-

"although the structure of the payments means Newcastle would receive the full fee – in five instalments of £6m – only if he stays for the duration of his five-year contract."

hang on, so if Spurs sell him for £15m next summer, they only pay Newcastle £6m and pocket £9m themselves?
I smell bullsh!t.
common to spread the cost of a transfer, but i very much doubt that quite means what it implies.

Bare bones.

Is the Levy breaking? on 19:31 - Sep 1 with 1679 viewsAntti_Heinola

Is the Levy breaking? on 18:35 - Sep 1 by rsonist

yes but spurs came 3rd, should have come 2nd or 1st. Here was a chance to push on and they have CL football. Flogging a load of players for £40m is fine, but it's what you bring in that counts. And not much has happened.
I don't think he's doing a bad job, but i also don't think he's the machiavellian transfer genius some have him down as.

Bare bones.

Is the Levy breaking? on 21:22 - Sep 1 with 1432 viewsrsonist

Is the Levy breaking? on 19:31 - Sep 1 by Antti_Heinola

yes but spurs came 3rd, should have come 2nd or 1st. Here was a chance to push on and they have CL football. Flogging a load of players for £40m is fine, but it's what you bring in that counts. And not much has happened.
I don't think he's doing a bad job, but i also don't think he's the machiavellian transfer genius some have him down as.

"I don't think he's doing a bad job" - well, what job are we talking about exactly though? Is he picking the players?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2660959-tottenham-have-depth-to-compete-but-m

I agree that the transfer is pretty underwhelming but this and the linked article in the Standard makes a fairly persuasive case for Levy pushing the boat out given their competitive situation and the manager's wishes. (Actually I'd sooner blame Pochettino for thinking uncreatively than Levy acting on it - this is still the man who bet big on Pablo Osvaldo after all). Ultimately the finances are comfortably there for it and it's probably not going to be a complete disaster.
Is the Levy breaking? on 10:11 - Sep 2 with 1045 viewsterryb

Is the Levy breaking? on 18:31 - Sep 1 by rsonist

I think this would mean that the payment is in five installments providing he fulfilled the five year contract.

Surely if he were to leave prior to that, the balance would then become instantly payable?
Is the Levy breaking? on 10:21 - Sep 2 with 1020 viewsNorthernr

In a nutshell, his strategy doesn't work now everybody has got loads of money. You meet the asking price or the selling club has no need to give you their player, and you can unsettle them as much as you like the selling club can also afford to just keep them and let them rot (Berahino).
Login to get fewer ads

Is the Levy breaking? on 13:29 - Sep 2 with 937 viewsTGRRRSSS

Shame in a way encouraging people to splash splash and splash then further bigger debt problems
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024