Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sweeper by Steve Bruce 18:32 - Sep 23 with 3050 viewsFredManRave

Massive credit to RBlock for including the below link on the Joey Book thread but this shít is just so worthy of it's own thread it's ridiculous. I haven't even finished it yet as I'm still unable to get over/past;

The Jag was in its usual place, outside the club reception. It’s an XJ8, 3.2, sports version, V Reg. As I drove fast to the infirmary, following the ambulance as it cut a swathe through the traffic I wasn’t thinking of power assisted steering and speed sensitive variable ratios…

This could be even bigger than Striker. Something I never thought I'd write. Christ we need to get hold of a review for the 3rd book.

Enjoy;

http://thesetpieces.com/features/sweeper-steve-bruce-review/
[Post edited 23 Sep 2016 18:33]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Sweeper by Steve Bruce on 19:31 - Sep 23 with 2960 viewsrsonist

Hate to be the spoilsport, but an explanation can be found in the comments here:

http://thinkofengland.blogspot.co.uk/2009/12/book-review-sweeper-by-steve-bruce.

All 3 books (Striker, Sweeper and Defender)were published by Paragon Publishing in Huddersfield. They were written by the owner of the company a guy called Reggie Sharpe. A former headmaster, who was trying to make money as a publisher. He was an obnoxious man, who bordered arrogant to most people who met him. He wrote each book in about 3 days, and then had them printed. Steve Bruce had nothing to do with any of them, I doubt he even read them cause they really were drivel. I think he got paid £2000 for having his name and image on each book, and attending a book signing at Waterstones in Huddersfield. I know this because I played a part in converting the text files from M.S. Word format, which Reggie Sharpe wrote them in, to Apple Mac formats for printing, which at the time was the only way most print houses worked. On the second book cover, Reggie appears in the picture as the janitor with a sweeping brush. The whole affair was a money making scheme, designed to sell Paragons books. Bruce was nothing but a paid figured head who’s fame was used to create awareness. But I think that the sales were poor, with only a few hardened fans parting with their money. The rest of the copies were pulped I believe. Sorry to shatter peoples images of Steve the author, but he wasn’t. You were all conned.
Sweeper by Steve Bruce on 20:22 - Sep 23 with 2870 viewssmegma

Sweeper by Steve Bruce on 19:31 - Sep 23 by rsonist

Hate to be the spoilsport, but an explanation can be found in the comments here:

http://thinkofengland.blogspot.co.uk/2009/12/book-review-sweeper-by-steve-bruce.

All 3 books (Striker, Sweeper and Defender)were published by Paragon Publishing in Huddersfield. They were written by the owner of the company a guy called Reggie Sharpe. A former headmaster, who was trying to make money as a publisher. He was an obnoxious man, who bordered arrogant to most people who met him. He wrote each book in about 3 days, and then had them printed. Steve Bruce had nothing to do with any of them, I doubt he even read them cause they really were drivel. I think he got paid £2000 for having his name and image on each book, and attending a book signing at Waterstones in Huddersfield. I know this because I played a part in converting the text files from M.S. Word format, which Reggie Sharpe wrote them in, to Apple Mac formats for printing, which at the time was the only way most print houses worked. On the second book cover, Reggie appears in the picture as the janitor with a sweeping brush. The whole affair was a money making scheme, designed to sell Paragons books. Bruce was nothing but a paid figured head who’s fame was used to create awareness. But I think that the sales were poor, with only a few hardened fans parting with their money. The rest of the copies were pulped I believe. Sorry to shatter peoples images of Steve the author, but he wasn’t. You were all conned.

So he's in the same boat (or book) as Jordan then. And whoever wrote the Bible.
Sweeper by Steve Bruce on 21:35 - Sep 23 with 2787 viewsDorse

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/152278/creative-wr

LFW at its most LFW

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Sweeper by Steve Bruce on 11:42 - Sep 24 with 2635 viewsRBlock

Sweeper by Steve Bruce on 19:31 - Sep 23 by rsonist

Can you bloody not? Ignorance is bliss, and these books are just that! I bet you tell your younger relatives that Father Christmas isn't real as well don't you?

The Sweeper! review only came out in August. I think we have to hunt down a copy of Defender! and get it to him first...
Sweeper by Steve Bruce on 22:06 - Oct 3 with 2460 viewsWadR

A review for Defender! is coming next week!

[Post edited 3 Oct 2016 22:07]
Sweeper by Steve Bruce on 22:50 - Oct 3 with 2356 viewskensalriser

You can't fool me. That's obviously from Private Eye.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Sweeper by Steve Bruce on 00:26 - Oct 4 with 2240 viewsBoston

Sweeper by Steve Bruce on 22:50 - Oct 3 by kensalriser

You can't fool me. That's obviously from Private Eye.

Have you got news for us?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024