Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The good and the bad from today 22:13 - Oct 1 with 2211 viewsOakR

Only my second live match today after Birmingham

Bad:

1. All over the place defensively, especially on the counter attack. Time and time again exposed on the counter, people out of place and a seeming lack of communication match intelligence for players to drop in and cover. Our polish man in midfield did it all match against Birmingham when Hall or Caulker went forwards, but today just a nice big gaping hole through the middle.

2. For the love of all the gods in the world can we leave someone up when we are defending a corner. I'm not sure the extra men at the back are actually helping us and of course it just means the ball just comes straight back fairly often.

3. We seem to stand off wide players a lot, or start off too far away from them.

Good

1. Shodipo. Gets the ball, direct, and just crosses it. Everyone seems to know he will, everyone makes runs, he delivers into dangerous areas - had a great game when he came on. He layed on theright when he came on. Linked up well with Chery and made runs you could see Chery and Luongo could feed him. Wszolek today turned back onto his other foot too many times today for me, after an excellent game against Birmingham.

2. Luongo. I've always been a big fan. I think he's technically good and but also works hard and tackles well. He showed all these today.

3. Seeing 2 penalties missed by the opposition - don't think I've ever seen that before.

4. Good atmosphere in the away end.

On another day we could have lost by a margin, but we did have a good spell towards the end. Some promising signs but lots of work to do, especially defensively where we remain shocking. We are crying out for a Dunne Hill type figure in defence.

Poll: Will we stay up?

The good and the bad from today on 22:59 - Oct 1 with 2088 viewsbosh67

Excellent stuff. Agree with all of that. Better communication and tighter closing down essential at the back.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The good and the bad from today on 09:01 - Oct 2 with 1750 viewsOakR

The good and the bad from today on 22:59 - Oct 1 by bosh67

Excellent stuff. Agree with all of that. Better communication and tighter closing down essential at the back.

Yep this message board could have been very different yesterday / today - we got away with it. Let's hope we get some confidence but for the defence to be so bad is amazing at this stage already.

Still walking back amongst the Fulham fans moaning about the injustice of it all made it all the sweeter!

Poll: Will we stay up?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024