Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
STAN THE MAN 08:17 - Jul 28 with 2082 viewsdeanomk

I will being going to the game Saturday with my wife to celebrate my birthday and also salute the greatest player QPR has ever had.
I met Stan a few years ago outside loftus road he was attending a book signing , I asked Stan if he could sign the QPR shirt I had on ,it had Bowles and number 10 on the back.
Stan said no problem he asked me how long I had been coming to QPR I said my dad took me to my first game about 1967
I thought every player on the pitch was Rodney marsh including the goal keeper I was only 7 I was gutted when Rodney left.
But then you come along Stan, and I said you are a QPR legend to which he replied you THE FANS ARE THE LEGENDS you lift us when we go on that pitch I love it here.
I then had a photo done with Stan and shook his hand and wish him all the best .
So come on lads we took 40,000 to Wembley let's fill loftus road for one of our own.
SALUTE ENGLANDS GEORGE BEST THATS OUR STANLEY, U,Rsssssss.
STAN THE MAN on 09:22 - Jul 28 with 1992 viewsenfieldargh

Well said!!

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

STAN THE MAN on 09:24 - Jul 28 with 1989 viewsenfieldargh

We are taking a friend who loved to watch Stan even tho not a qpr fan. He has suffered a stroke and finds it difficult to get about, so 3 of us going

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

STAN THE MAN on 09:42 - Jul 28 with 1957 viewsHadders

Not sure how much he is going to be able to take in tomorrow, but this was so moving at the time and to watch. Hope we give a great reception to his daughter on Saturday, who probably needs our support more than anyone. And to his old mate Don Shanks, who has done so much to promote this, and is a Rangers legend in his own right as far as I'm concerned.
STAN THE MAN on 09:53 - Jul 28 with 1930 viewsqprphil

Pure and simple, he put bums on seats. Once a week wasn't enough to watch him play.
STAN THE MAN on 10:08 - Jul 28 with 1916 viewsdodge_stoke_r

I saw him in the club shop a few years back and was going to ask for autograph and a photo. Unfortunately I was just too starstruck by him that I just nodded ,said alright Stan to which he replied yeah mate, you? I don't have too many regrets but that is one. I'll be there on Saturday in, sitting the spot that I stood in The Loft before it became seated. Will be a very emotional day
STAN THE MAN on 10:32 - Jul 28 with 1895 viewsspencer

mid to late 90s?...I also got my book autographed before game....met Kevin Gallen outside and he signed book as well. It was just after he had that bad injury.
STAN THE MAN on 07:43 - Aug 16 with 1668 viewspowell090

It is a great birthday ever
[Post edited 25 Sep 2017 3:45]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024