Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter 09:03 - Apr 23 with 6126 viewshorshamHoop

"Thought next season would be very dangerous (being polite) for #QPR under Holloway, but short-term to be miles better than it's been. Poor."

Obviously he is not a Holloway fan.

I think we will stay up and that Tony will stick with Holloway but for how long depends on the start to the season, he will not want to see another long losing run.

Most of the players we have can comfortably compete at this level put probably not good enough to challenge for promotion. As Clive says, like so many of the better teams we need to be consistently playing the same way with the same nucleus of players . That will instil confidence and also be good to watch.

But nothing is that simple with our Ian and in true QPR fashion, the roller-coaster continues! After 30 odd years I should know and will continue to support whatever
Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 10:03 - Apr 23 with 4756 viewsDWQPR

After watching the game yesterday and slightly relieved we went away with no more than a good beating rather than a rout, it struck me that a club like Brentford can put together a side that was very easy on the eye, confident in their own abilities in terms of quick passing and movement and we looked absolutely cumbersome in comparison. Brentford used the whole width of the pitch whilst once again we were too narrow. Holloway is the master of his own downfall. We had that great run in March and played some excellent football of our own at times with Luongo, Freeman and Manning dovetailing nicely, and then Holloway starts to experiment against Derby, Villa and Brighton and the wheels fall off. Confidence drains and we are back where we were at the end of December, a team bereft of confidence and confused in how they should play. Stupid, bloody stupid. There would have been nothing better than continuing with a settled side that would only change through loss of form/injury or a fringe player impressing enough to get a game. Instead it is a squad of players who know they will play at some point and will get dropped at some point and so their desire reduces in terms of wanting it. The momentum we could have had going into next season has been totally lost and we will start the season as one of the favourites to go down in my view.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 10:19 - Apr 23 with 4697 viewsNortholt_Rs

Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 10:03 - Apr 23 by DWQPR

After watching the game yesterday and slightly relieved we went away with no more than a good beating rather than a rout, it struck me that a club like Brentford can put together a side that was very easy on the eye, confident in their own abilities in terms of quick passing and movement and we looked absolutely cumbersome in comparison. Brentford used the whole width of the pitch whilst once again we were too narrow. Holloway is the master of his own downfall. We had that great run in March and played some excellent football of our own at times with Luongo, Freeman and Manning dovetailing nicely, and then Holloway starts to experiment against Derby, Villa and Brighton and the wheels fall off. Confidence drains and we are back where we were at the end of December, a team bereft of confidence and confused in how they should play. Stupid, bloody stupid. There would have been nothing better than continuing with a settled side that would only change through loss of form/injury or a fringe player impressing enough to get a game. Instead it is a squad of players who know they will play at some point and will get dropped at some point and so their desire reduces in terms of wanting it. The momentum we could have had going into next season has been totally lost and we will start the season as one of the favourites to go down in my view.

Agree entirely with that post. So....how can he keep his job? He's shown massive professional incompetence. When we had the good run of performance and results I can only assume Holloway didn't actually understand how it had happened which can be the only possible explanation for why he started changing things around. He isn't even clever enough to leave something that is working well alone. If I can see that you can bet your life the players can too. No wonder the side looks drained of any confidence. If the man had any true feelings for our club he'd do the honourable thing by putting his hands up, admitting the job is beyond him, and walking off. Don't hold your breath though. Both he and DOF Ferdinand will hang on to their jobs because they both know they won't ever get the same positions at any of the other 91 league clubs. ATAF.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2017 10:20]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 11:11 - Apr 23 with 4533 viewsenfieldargh

Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 10:19 - Apr 23 by Northolt_Rs

Agree entirely with that post. So....how can he keep his job? He's shown massive professional incompetence. When we had the good run of performance and results I can only assume Holloway didn't actually understand how it had happened which can be the only possible explanation for why he started changing things around. He isn't even clever enough to leave something that is working well alone. If I can see that you can bet your life the players can too. No wonder the side looks drained of any confidence. If the man had any true feelings for our club he'd do the honourable thing by putting his hands up, admitting the job is beyond him, and walking off. Don't hold your breath though. Both he and DOF Ferdinand will hang on to their jobs because they both know they won't ever get the same positions at any of the other 91 league clubs. ATAF.

Im not sure I agree with you re IH, he has resigned before and I think he is one of a few managers who would fall on their sword.

Spot on though the previous poster

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 11:42 - Apr 23 with 4425 views2Thomas2Bowles

Funny how only a few weeks ago most were saying how much better we are under Olly, the football the team spirit everything really, Not sure what's gone wrong really and I don't blame Ollie completely for it. it's been more about the fact many of the players are just crap can't score despite loads of chances and can't defend.

Plus side has been Ollie getting in Freeman and Smith and giving Manning and Furlong starts they would never have got under JFH also Luo Luo could turn out to be a good player for us.

I accept results have not been good over all but is it all down to Ollie being crap.... NO

I think it's more to do with he got a few that we already knew were not any good playing up to the Rotherham game and those players thought the season is done and went back to type and on holiday.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2017 11:58]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 12:12 - Apr 23 with 4337 viewsBromleyHoop

Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 11:42 - Apr 23 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Funny how only a few weeks ago most were saying how much better we are under Olly, the football the team spirit everything really, Not sure what's gone wrong really and I don't blame Ollie completely for it. it's been more about the fact many of the players are just crap can't score despite loads of chances and can't defend.

Plus side has been Ollie getting in Freeman and Smith and giving Manning and Furlong starts they would never have got under JFH also Luo Luo could turn out to be a good player for us.

I accept results have not been good over all but is it all down to Ollie being crap.... NO

I think it's more to do with he got a few that we already knew were not any good playing up to the Rotherham game and those players thought the season is done and went back to type and on holiday.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2017 11:58]

I don't see the signing of Smith as a good thing at all. He is a very limited journeyman footballer who has fundamentally changed the way the team plays i.e. Hoofball. I know he's scored a few goals but if I was 6'7 I'd get on the end of a few crosses as well. I actually think we'd be better off without him.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 12:18 - Apr 23 with 4299 views2Thomas2Bowles

Idrissa Sylla
mins 148 per goal
1475 played
10 Goals scored
1 Assists
Shots on target Total 53%

Conor Washington
mins 367 per goal

2567 played
7 Goals scored
3 Assists

Matt Smith
mins 238 per goal

952 played
4 Goals scored
0 Assists

He is about the same as the SP was

Washington is shockingly bad

Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 13:59 - Apr 23 with 3974 viewsDWQPR

Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 12:18 - Apr 23 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Idrissa Sylla
mins 148 per goal
1475 played
10 Goals scored
1 Assists
Shots on target Total 53%

Conor Washington
mins 367 per goal

2567 played
7 Goals scored
3 Assists

Matt Smith
mins 238 per goal

952 played
4 Goals scored
0 Assists

He is about the same as the SP was

Washington is shockingly bad

Washington has been and was again yesterday shockingly played out of position. Holloway is now doing to him what Hasselbaink did to him, out on the left. They guy benefits from a two up front with two wide men.

Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 14:04 - Apr 23 with 3946 viewsHayesender

Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 13:59 - Apr 23 by DWQPR

Washington has been and was again yesterday shockingly played out of position. Holloway is now doing to him what Hasselbaink did to him, out on the left. They guy benefits from a two up front with two wide men.

I read the other day that when he had his purple patch with Peterborough it was cutting in from the left.

League 2 player at best

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Login to get fewer ads

Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 14:15 - Apr 23 with 3908 viewshamptonhillhoop

Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 13:59 - Apr 23 by DWQPR

What I don't understand at the moment is that Wszolek isn't getting a game. We were crying out for width yesterday and he's the best winger at the club. He was playing well before he was dropped and always created chances, especially for Sylla. Instead we had Mackie sort of on the right, replaced by Sylla, who's an out and out centre forward.
I lost count of the amount of times yesterday when our players were searching for someone to pass to and didn't have any options, as opposed to Brentford, who always seemed to be able to play a 40 yard cross field pass to a player in acres of space
Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 14:17 - Apr 23 with 3895 viewsDWQPR

Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 14:15 - Apr 23 by hamptonhillhoop

What I don't understand at the moment is that Wszolek isn't getting a game. We were crying out for width yesterday and he's the best winger at the club. He was playing well before he was dropped and always created chances, especially for Sylla. Instead we had Mackie sort of on the right, replaced by Sylla, who's an out and out centre forward.
I lost count of the amount of times yesterday when our players were searching for someone to pass to and didn't have any options, as opposed to Brentford, who always seemed to be able to play a 40 yard cross field pass to a player in acres of space

Exactly. Had a few idiots slating Sylla every moment he was on the pitch, he was actually unlucky not to score a couple. Far better option than Smith and a real fox in the box. We also play better as a team with him up front as we have to play through the midfield.

Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 14:19 - Apr 23 with 3892 viewsQPR_Jim

Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 14:04 - Apr 23 by Hayesender

I read the other day that when he had his purple patch with Peterborough it was cutting in from the left.

League 2 player at best

Seeing as he was doing well at League 1 surely he's a League 1 standard player at least?
Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 14:42 - Apr 23 with 3804 viewsHayesender

Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 14:19 - Apr 23 by QPR_Jim

Seeing as he was doing well at League 1 surely he's a League 1 standard player at least?

He had one purple patch at Peterborough. His overall record there was quite poor

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 14:48 - Apr 23 with 3788 views2Thomas2Bowles

There always seems to be an excuse for Washington fact is he just is not very good at scoring, works hard not no end product.

Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 15:12 - Apr 23 with 3721 viewsAntti_Heinola

Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 11:11 - Apr 23 by enfieldargh

Im not sure I agree with you re IH, he has resigned before and I think he is one of a few managers who would fall on their sword.

If we go down, no doubt he'll resign. And personally I think he might anyway. If we lose the last two, but stay up, I think he'l resign.

To be honest, for his own health and well being, I think he probably should regardless.

A real shame.

Bare bones.

Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 15:38 - Apr 23 with 3638 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 14:19 - Apr 23 by QPR_Jim

Doesn't sound as dramatic though does it ;)
Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 15:39 - Apr 23 with 3635 viewsQPR_Jim

Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 14:42 - Apr 23 by Hayesender

He had one purple patch at Peterborough. His overall record there was quite poor

The stats seem to show him improving season on season in league 1, with 1 goal in 4 in his first season, then 1 goal in 3 in his second season and 1 goal in 2.5 games before he signed for us. Seems to suggest a steady improvement for a young player in his early 20's, he might not make it here but I wouldn't rule out him being successful at this league elsewhere. Still only 24.
Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 15:58 - Apr 23 with 3563 viewsPetros

I don't want to read too much into anything, but I was near the QPR dugout yesterday, and witnessed a lot of joshing and banter between Holloway and the Brentford supporters. I know this is partly his personality, but he seemed remarkably carefree and casual (e.g. having a lot of laughs with the crowd after we had conceded the penalty, which effectively sunk our chances). It is almost as if he was looking forward to not having this job next season. Again, not to be unfair, but his touchline communications with his players struck me as infantile, and they in turn seemed very confused by the constant changes in formation.
Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 15:59 - Apr 23 with 3555 viewsAntti_Heinola

Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 11:11 - Apr 23 by enfieldargh

If we go down, no doubt he'll resign. And personally I think he might anyway. If we lose the last two, but stay up, I think he'l resign.

To be honest, for his own health and well being, I think he probably should regardless.

A real shame.

Bare bones.

Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 16:15 - Apr 23 with 3500 viewsCamberleyR

Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 14:42 - Apr 23 by Hayesender

33 goals in 74 starts at Peterborough suggests your analysis is wrong.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 17:17 - Apr 23 with 3347 viewsBoston

He may be this he may be that, but I get the impression Mr Holloway does not listen to other peoples views.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 08:07 - Apr 24 with 2768 viewshorshamHoop

Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 15:59 - Apr 23 by Antti_Heinola

A real shame.

Hi Antti

I did not realise he was suffering that badly with his health - clearly that needs to come first for him and his family.

It is a shame as I have a lot of time for IH and he is clearly committed and QPR through and through but he is not doing himself any favours with all the constant team and formation changes and the fact he has to defend himself from accusations of being called another "tinkerman" means he probably knows it as well.

There is still time though
Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 08:14 - Apr 24 with 2754 viewsdaveB

Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 10:19 - Apr 23 by Northolt_Rs

When we were on the good run he was doing the same things he's doing now, making 4/5 changes every game and using his squad rather than a settled team
Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 08:23 - Apr 24 with 2725 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Lots of speculation on this thread that Holloway has health problems, may not want to be here next year and may resign.

Still, at least we all seem to be wishing him well, though...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 08:24 - Apr 24 with 2722 viewsElHoop

Losing sequence, winning sequence, losing sequence - it's not the environment that you'd choose to make the judgement of a manager. If it were announced next week that we have a FFP ten points deduction for next season, what would you think then - any differently?

The thing is, I thought that Holloway initially filled the gaps left by Sir Les - he seemed keen to set a style of play to be adopted by all QPR sides. That was something that we needed, but where has it gone now?

Holloway did manage to increase the value of our squad by giving more players a chance and them taking those chances. I think that this increase in value has been largely maintained - we'll be able to sell a few players if we want to, and those players will be worth more than when Holloway arrived. I can't think of many whose value has dropped under Holloway. But will this be maintained - can he actually cope with the job long term? It's not something that can be judged from outside - but if he does leave then whoever replaces him needs to fill the gaps left by Sir Les or Sir Les fills the gaps left by the manager, depending upon which way you look at it.

FFP still worries me a bit though - presumably they couldn't now deduct points this season, but 2017/18?
[Post edited 24 Apr 2017 8:26]
Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 09:22 - Apr 24 with 2579 viewstraininvain

Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 15:58 - Apr 23 by Petros

I don't want to read too much into anything, but I was near the QPR dugout yesterday, and witnessed a lot of joshing and banter between Holloway and the Brentford supporters. I know this is partly his personality, but he seemed remarkably carefree and casual (e.g. having a lot of laughs with the crowd after we had conceded the penalty, which effectively sunk our chances). It is almost as if he was looking forward to not having this job next season. Again, not to be unfair, but his touchline communications with his players struck me as infantile, and they in turn seemed very confused by the constant changes in formation.

That's what I thought I saw from the away end. Strange behaviour given that the team were about to face a penalty kick.

Dunno what Pavel's done to fall out of favour. Didn't we sign him up a few months ago when he looked our best player? Now he can't get a kick.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024