Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
21 years ago today......... 15:27 - Jun 8 with 887 viewsSnipper

........ Euro 96 started.

Bloody hell !! I feel old.
21 years ago today......... on 15:35 - Jun 8 with 873 viewsstowmarketrange

And we'd just been relegated from the premier league for the 1st time.
21 years ago today......... on 15:38 - Jun 8 with 865 viewsHantsR

And I was taking a van load of Latvians around Europe, as you do!
21 years ago today......... on 15:38 - Jun 8 with 863 viewsCammington

I was 10 years old and it was the first football tournament we featured in I could remember properly.

We still haven't bettered it since
21 years ago today......... on 16:00 - Jun 8 with 839 viewsMetallica_Hoop

The year I left school.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

21 years ago today......... on 16:04 - Jun 8 with 830 viewsMrSheen

My friend's 21st wedding anniversary then. We had tickets, too.
21 years ago today......... on 16:10 - Jun 8 with 815 viewsDannytheR

21 years ago today......... on 15:35 - Jun 8 by stowmarketrange

And we'd just been relegated from the premier league for the 1st time.

Yep. Although that summer, like a lot of others I'm sure, I just assumed we were going to go straight back up as champions with a record points tally and 30 goals for Kevin Gallen.
21 years ago today......... on 16:14 - Jun 8 with 807 viewsToast_R

Finished 1st year of college and just started working at WH Smith's in Putney High Street on a Saturday, missed the Switzerland and Scotland games. I too thought QPR would walk Division 1 back then. They should have too.
21 years ago today......... on 16:22 - Jun 8 with 800 viewsDannytheR

I was working in a video shop in Soho (the one "normal" video shop for miles) on the night of the Holland match. Me and the other bloke there that night agreed a shift system where we'd take turns of 15-20 minutes each in the shop and then swap over and let the other one run up to The Blue Posts and watch the game.

I literally saw none of the England goals, but did manage to be there when Kluivert pulled one back for the Dutch.
Login to get fewer ads

21 years ago today......... on 16:51 - Jun 8 with 766 viewspaulparker

was in Gran Canaria linekers bar for the swiss and Scotland games , saw Keith Gillespie in there he was out of his nut , when Gazza scored we went mental and had a few words with some Scottish lads who were Hearts (nearly turned nasty)

on a side note a friend of mine offered out the bloke who supplied leah betts her ecstasy pill on that holiday, we didn't know who he was until we saw the sunday papers and he had been exposed as being on the run in our resort

the Holland and Germany games I watched in the Windmill in Ruislip manor if anyone remembers that pub

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

21 years ago today......... on 17:19 - Jun 8 with 738 viewsstowmarketrange

21 years ago today......... on 16:10 - Jun 8 by DannytheR

Yep. Although that summer, like a lot of others I'm sure, I just assumed we were going to go straight back up as champions with a record points tally and 30 goals for Kevin Gallen.

Maybe we would've done if Gallen hadn't got injured scoring the 2nd goal at Pompey that sent us top of the league?
21 years ago today......... on 17:32 - Jun 8 with 724 viewsDannytheR

21 years ago today......... on 17:19 - Jun 8 by stowmarketrange

Maybe we would've done if Gallen hadn't got injured scoring the 2nd goal at Pompey that sent us top of the league?

It's a big "if only" that season. We were still a decent side, it had just been the lack of goals that had done for us in the Premiership - but dropping down a level a front four of Impey, Sinclair, Dichio and Gallen was going to rip most teams apart. Sure enough, as you say, 2 games, 2 wins, 3 goals for Gallen...

And then after the injury we went on that terrible run where we won something silly like one home game in three months. Spencer coming in was fantastic, but my memory is that by that stage we had lost too much ground. One of those situations where we just ran out of games, or we might have made the play offs and from there who knows.

And then the next season it all started going properly pear-shaped...
21 years ago today......... on 17:35 - Jun 8 with 721 viewshopphoops

Thinking back today I reckon Teddy Sheringham's goal against Holland was kind of the peak of everything that was good in the 90s and the only way from there was down.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024