Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's amateur hour.... 13:22 - Jul 11 with 2124 viewssmegma

And a half. Under 18s playing Yeovil Town at our Academy Ground in Heston. There's only one linesman and our players are not wearing numbers ??? Playing in training kits as they are not allowed to wear adverts for gambling companies.

You couldn't make it up.
It's amateur hour.... on 13:31 - Jul 11 with 2094 viewssmegma

Game kicked off at 1.07 as they waited for the second Lino. He's just turned up 22 minutes into the game.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2017 13:38]
It's amateur hour.... on 13:42 - Jul 11 with 2053 viewspaulparker

couldn't we have gone old school and got the oppo manager to run the line holding a can of skol and smoking a benson and hedges

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

It's amateur hour.... on 14:01 - Jul 11 with 2006 viewssmegma

We've got about 12 back room staff on the sidelines that could've volunteered. The amateurism continues. Our keeper changed into last seasons all red kit as his yellow shirt clashed with Yeovils away kit. Then on 34 minutes he's replaced and our sub keeper is wearing all yellow. Well I say all yellow, the shirt is yellow while his shorts and socks used to be yellow . They looked like they were put in a boil wash with the refs kit making them them an off mustard type yellow. At least the socks match I guess.

It's like watching a pub team in more ways than one. 0-0 at HT and we're fortunate.
It's amateur hour.... on 14:07 - Jul 11 with 1978 viewsDevon_4_England

It's amateur hour.... on 14:01 - Jul 11 by smegma

We've got about 12 back room staff on the sidelines that could've volunteered. The amateurism continues. Our keeper changed into last seasons all red kit as his yellow shirt clashed with Yeovils away kit. Then on 34 minutes he's replaced and our sub keeper is wearing all yellow. Well I say all yellow, the shirt is yellow while his shorts and socks used to be yellow . They looked like they were put in a boil wash with the refs kit making them them an off mustard type yellow. At least the socks match I guess.

It's like watching a pub team in more ways than one. 0-0 at HT and we're fortunate.

Typical Rangers

We wouldn't have it any other way!
It's amateur hour.... on 16:00 - Jul 11 with 1847 viewsdaveB

woo hoo, new things to moan about.

Lino turns up late for a friendly at the training ground so lets blame the club
It's amateur hour.... on 16:12 - Jul 11 with 1812 viewsCroydonCaptJack

It's amateur hour.... on 16:00 - Jul 11 by daveB

It's definitely worth its own thread Dave ;)
It's amateur hour.... on 16:12 - Jul 11 with 1812 viewssmegma

Eventually won 4-0 with a great second half performance, some good kids coming through but the biggest impression for me was the centre forward Mickel Platt.

First half we had a very young team out but once the older lot were on in the second half we played some lovely football. Played in absolutely terrible rainy conditions in the first half . We eventually wore Yeovil down and scored 3 times in the last five minutes.
It's amateur hour.... on 16:18 - Jul 11 with 1802 viewssmegma

It's amateur hour.... on 16:00 - Jul 11 by daveB

Who blamed the club ??? I was merely pointing out the farcical element of playing with 1 linesman when there were over a dozen of our backroom staff watching.

Last season I went to Chesham Utd play and no linesman turned up so they had one volunteer from either club running the line. It's what happens, even at primary school level.
Login to get fewer ads

It's amateur hour.... on 16:47 - Jul 11 with 1706 viewsStanisgod

Yeah , but have Everton bid 9 mil for Mickel Platt yet ?

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

It's amateur hour.... on 17:03 - Jul 11 with 1662 viewsdaveB

It's amateur hour.... on 16:18 - Jul 11 by smegma

Who blamed the club ??? I was merely pointing out the farcical element of playing with 1 linesman when there were over a dozen of our backroom staff watching.

Last season I went to Chesham Utd play and no linesman turned up so they had one volunteer from either club running the line. It's what happens, even at primary school level.

Perhaps the backroom staff were not allowed to get involved, even at kids level the coaches are not always allowed to ref the game if both teams don't agree.

Sorry must have misread it but the tone of the thread seemed to be a dig at the club for something which sounded out of their control
It's amateur hour.... on 18:57 - Jul 11 with 1561 viewsShotKneesHoop

Everything about this thread shows why I am still a QPR supporter (apart from 1967,the R's have always been a lost cause - but still lots of fun losing it) of 55 years standing, actually it's getting to be more years sitting down.

How nice to have a moan about a linesman not turning up - rather than how many millions we could have wasted on the next r' SWiPe.

Proper club, proper forum, proper fanzine, proper website, proper fans, someone tell me I'm wrong, as long as your name isn't Redknobb or r'SWiPe.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

It's amateur hour.... on 19:56 - Jul 11 with 1455 viewssmegma

I'm in watford this evening watching Sun Sports FC vs Evergreen and no linos have shown up.

I blame Lee Hoos.

And yes I'm mad......
It's amateur hour.... on 20:05 - Jul 11 with 1437 viewsconnell10

It's amateur hour.... on 19:56 - Jul 11 by smegma

I'm in watford this evening watching Sun Sports FC vs Evergreen and no linos have shown up.

I blame Lee Hoos.

And yes I'm mad......

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

It's amateur hour.... on 21:03 - Jul 11 with 1343 viewssmegma

Going back to the under 18s game today, Yeovil Town shirts were advertising Thatchers Cider which I believe isn't allowed by the ridiculous lawmakers of the FA.
It's amateur hour.... on 08:33 - Jul 12 with 1134 viewsizlingtonhoop

It's amateur hour.... on 21:03 - Jul 11 by smegma

Going back to the under 18s game today, Yeovil Town shirts were advertising Thatchers Cider which I believe isn't allowed by the ridiculous lawmakers of the FA.

Damn right too.

That woman did her best to bury football...
It's amateur hour.... on 19:55 - Jul 12 with 905 viewsDWQPR

It's amateur hour.... on 13:42 - Jul 11 by paulparker

couldn't we have gone old school and got the oppo manager to run the line holding a can of skol and smoking a benson and hedges

Isn't that our manager?

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024