Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U23s today at high noon 11:44 - Apr 23 with 6261 viewsozranger

v Crewe

1 Theo Richardson, 2 Joseph Feliz, 3 Niko Hamalainen (c), 4. Charlie Owens, 5 Chris Paul, 6 Giles Phillips, 7 Chay Tilt, 8 Romeo Akinola, 9 Aramide Oteh, 10 Aiden Mesias, 11 Ody Alfa. Subs: 12 Kingsley Eshun, 13 Marcin Brzozowski (gk), 14 Hugo Cardosa, 15 Caden Gonivesi
U23s today at high noon on 11:51 - Apr 23 with 4723 viewssimmo

Anybody from on here at the game today?

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

U23s today at high noon on 12:10 - Apr 23 with 4685 viewsaston_hoop

A little something about the 2 trialists for anyone interested

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-looking-fulham-defender-young-man-utd-kee

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

U23s today at high noon on 13:53 - Apr 23 with 4583 viewsTacticalR

3-1. One from Alfa, two from Oteh.

Air hostess clique

U23s today at high noon on 14:52 - Apr 23 with 4444 viewskensalriser

Take that Crewe. Just desserts for your cynical display in the 0-0 at LR circs 2003.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

U23s today at high noon on 14:54 - Apr 23 with 4442 viewsconnell10

Oteh 16 goals this season , not bad!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

U23s today at high noon on 15:40 - Apr 23 with 4375 viewsozranger

U23s today at high noon on 12:10 - Apr 23 by aston_hoop

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-looking-fulham-defender-young-man-utd-kee

I thought they both played well. The discussion about getting to the by-line and crossing was exactly what Felix did nearly all game. He played LB Meanwhile Richardson commanded his area quite well and was never looking like he was going to get beaten. The goals were good, even the penalty. 3-0 may have flattered Crewe as we should have done a lot better. Overall, a pretty solid game by all and a deserved win.
U23s today at high noon on 15:42 - Apr 23 with 4373 viewsNorthernr

U23s today at high noon on 14:52 - Apr 23 by kensalriser

Take that Crewe. Just desserts for your cynical display in the 0-0 at LR circs 2003.

That game was right up there in the refereeing stakes. Fat cnt Andy Hall strikes again. Both sendings off (Carlisle and Kelly) involved yellow cards for failing to retreat at free kicks - on both occasions Crewe got a free kick, grabbed hold of the ball and whacked it at the nearest QPR player immediately, and on both occasions it was deemed a yellow card. Carlisle was then sent off for challenging the keeper in the air. Bent refereeing performance, and I hardly ever say that, but it was. Bent as fck.

Afterwards Gradi gave it very, very high and mighty about the values of his club and team and how Crewe play their football and how QPR had lost their heads etc etc. So unbelievably condescending and holier than thou it was untrue, but you just sort of sucked it up because this was the great Dario Gradi we were talking about.

Of course, as it transpires, at the same time Gradi had given a spare set of keys to an "industrial scale paedophile" who used his house to bum half the youth team.
U23s today at high noon on 15:57 - Apr 23 with 4332 viewsGroveR

U23s today at high noon on 15:42 - Apr 23 by Northernr

That game was right up there in the refereeing stakes. Fat cnt Andy Hall strikes again. Both sendings off (Carlisle and Kelly) involved yellow cards for failing to retreat at free kicks - on both occasions Crewe got a free kick, grabbed hold of the ball and whacked it at the nearest QPR player immediately, and on both occasions it was deemed a yellow card. Carlisle was then sent off for challenging the keeper in the air. Bent refereeing performance, and I hardly ever say that, but it was. Bent as fck.

Afterwards Gradi gave it very, very high and mighty about the values of his club and team and how Crewe play their football and how QPR had lost their heads etc etc. So unbelievably condescending and holier than thou it was untrue, but you just sort of sucked it up because this was the great Dario Gradi we were talking about.

Of course, as it transpires, at the same time Gradi had given a spare set of keys to an "industrial scale paedophile" who used his house to bum half the youth team.

I always imagined a ref would have to work very hard to displace Rob Styles, Uriah Rennie and Gurnham Singh from the top 3 all time worst but Andy Hall made it look effortless that afternoon.
Login to get fewer ads

U23s today at high noon on 16:04 - Apr 23 with 4304 viewspaulparker

and we still held on with 9 men Palmer was excellent that day , one of the best atmospheres at HQ it drove the players on to put their bodies on the line , Gradi had the hump as did most clubs that previous season because we were still buying players whilst in Admin it carried over and we were seen as a big scalp

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

U23s today at high noon on 16:28 - Apr 23 with 4248 viewssmegma

U23s today at high noon on 14:54 - Apr 23 by connell10

Oteh 16 goals this season , not bad!

Including first team and friendlies it's 19 in 27 appearances this season. Weirdly today was one of his worse performances as he missed a few chances earlier on but kept persisting and got the two. I hope he scores at the Ricoh on Thursday to make that elusive 20 goals in a season.
U23s today at high noon on 16:32 - Apr 23 with 4228 viewssmegma

U23s today at high noon on 12:10 - Apr 23 by aston_hoop

Felix was excellent. Possibly the smallest footballer I've ever seen.

The gk is a strange one considering the amount of keepers on our books already.
U23s today at high noon on 16:56 - Apr 23 with 4181 viewsNorthernr

U23s today at high noon on 16:04 - Apr 23 by paulparker

and we still held on with 9 men Palmer was excellent that day , one of the best atmospheres at HQ it drove the players on to put their bodies on the line , Gradi had the hump as did most clubs that previous season because we were still buying players whilst in Admin it carried over and we were seen as a big scalp

Again, as it turns out, bit rich of him to have the hump with anybody else over anything really.
U23s today at high noon on 17:48 - Apr 23 with 4086 viewskensalriser

U23s today at high noon on 16:56 - Apr 23 by Northernr

Again, as it turns out, bit rich of him to have the hump with anybody else over anything really.

He appears to have dodged any direct accusations so far, but I remember at the time hearing rumours about why he wouldn't/couldn't leave Crewe despite a decent results record.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

U23s today at high noon on 18:00 - Apr 23 with 4062 viewsHamptonR

I was convinced that day and still am, that the ref had decided (or had been told) to ensure that Crewe got the result they needed.
The two yellows for not retreating were ridiculous, both taken quickly and as Clive says, smashed straight at the nearest QPR player, not sure I have seen many or any yellows given for that offence since that day.

Also my fuddled old brain is telling m there was an issue about Crewe celebrating their promotion at the end of the game, because as usual the home fans invaded the pitch... May be wrong about that.
U23s today at high noon on 19:51 - Apr 23 with 3909 viewsenfieldargh

U23s today at high noon on 16:32 - Apr 23 by smegma

Felix was excellent. Possibly the smallest footballer I've ever seen.

The gk is a strange one considering the amount of keepers on our books already.

What smaller than Paul Smith?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

U23s today at high noon on 19:51 - Apr 23 with 3907 viewsenfieldargh

U23s today at high noon on 19:51 - Apr 23 by enfieldargh

Smyth

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

U23s today at high noon on 20:39 - Apr 23 with 3821 viewsCiderwithRsie

U23s today at high noon on 13:53 - Apr 23 by TacticalR

3-1. One from Alfa, two from Oteh.

Disappointing that Romeo Akinola didn't get on the scoresheet really. We need to accelerate these guys.
U23s today at high noon on 21:37 - Apr 23 with 3731 viewsstowmarketrange

U23s today at high noon on 18:00 - Apr 23 by HamptonR

I was convinced that day and still am, that the ref had decided (or had been told) to ensure that Crewe got the result they needed.
The two yellows for not retreating were ridiculous, both taken quickly and as Clive says, smashed straight at the nearest QPR player, not sure I have seen many or any yellows given for that offence since that day.

Also my fuddled old brain is telling m there was an issue about Crewe celebrating their promotion at the end of the game, because as usual the home fans invaded the pitch... May be wrong about that.

Their keeper got a few coins thrown at him from the loft that afternoon too.Was it Bankole?Or is my mind playing tricks again?

Just seen it was Clayton Ince.Bankole was on the bench.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2018 21:43]
U23s today at high noon on 22:11 - Apr 23 with 3674 viewsDeepcutHoop

U23s today at high noon on 18:00 - Apr 23 by HamptonR

As I recall Clarke was hit in the back as he ran away.....
U23s today at high noon on 23:37 - Apr 23 with 3589 viewssmegma

U23s today at high noon on 19:51 - Apr 23 by enfieldargh

Yes. Much smaller. He's 18 going on 12.
U23s today at high noon on 08:00 - Apr 24 with 3426 viewsDorse

U23s today at high noon on 23:37 - Apr 23 by smegma

Yes. Much smaller. He's 18 going on 12.

His nickname is 'Amoeba'.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

U23s today at high noon on 10:22 - Apr 24 with 3340 viewsAntti_Heinola

Spot on. Absolutely criminal game - think Crewe got Crouch sent off in the same way a year or two earlier too.

The refereeing that day was atrocious - people who thought it was bad v Preston... take that and times it by 10. But we still held on to draw, despite it all.

Never liked Gradi. Always believed something wasn't right but could never quite put my finger on it. Always linked wit big jobs in the 90s, never got them, never seemed to want them. Very odd for someone so 'revered'. Absolutely stinks, the whole thing.

Bare bones.

U23s today at high noon on 10:48 - Apr 24 with 3314 viewssmegma

Is it me or is there two separate threads existing in this thread ???
U23s today at high noon on 11:08 - Apr 24 with 3282 viewsFDC

U23s today at high noon on 10:48 - Apr 24 by smegma

You must be new here. Cheese?
U23s today at high noon on 11:13 - Apr 24 with 3273 viewsDorse

U23s today at high noon on 10:48 - Apr 24 by smegma

LFW: proving the multiverse theory.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024