Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wilko Johnson RIP 10:53 - Nov 23 with 2442 viewsqueensparker

Very sad news. The word “legend” gets bandied about but he’s definitely one in my book.
Wilko Johnson RIP on 10:58 - Nov 23 with 2397 viewsdmm

RIP Wilko. You gave me one of the best gigs I've ever attended. You were a fantastic guitarist, a top performer and a wonderful man.
Wilko Johnson RIP on 11:05 - Nov 23 with 2370 viewsMetallica_Hoop

RIP

He was great in 'Game of thrones' too.

I saw a documentay years ago when he went back to Canvey Island, It was really good.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Wilko Johnson RIP on 11:09 - Nov 23 with 2336 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Very sad.
He battled hard.

Ar dheis Dé.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Wilko Johnson RIP on 11:15 - Nov 23 with 2313 viewsRs_Holy

Oh bloody hell ... what a man! Lived a life, beat cancer and lived for another 8 years ... RIP to a Proper Legend!

Wilko Johnson RIP on 11:27 - Nov 23 with 2262 viewsSonofpugwash

A battler to the end.

So long Wilko.x

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Wilko Johnson RIP on 11:56 - Nov 23 with 2185 viewsdezzar

RIP Wilko , you left us some amazing music and brilliant gigs
Wilko Johnson RIP on 12:05 - Nov 23 with 2153 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I think I read about him recently. He was one of a very small number of people that had survived Pancreatic Cancer. It has the lowest survival rate for any cancer and I think he had had it for seven or eight years.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2022 12:28]
Wilko Johnson RIP on 12:29 - Nov 23 with 2083 viewsdmm

This is the definitive Dr Feelgood film. It's a fantastic documentary; do watch it if you haven't seen it. I think I will again tonight.

Login to get fewer ads

Wilko Johnson RIP on 12:30 - Nov 23 with 2078 viewsSheffieldHoop

Took my old man to see him at the Royal Albert Hall in 2017. Sad news, but it's also amazing he made it to 2022. RIP.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Wilko Johnson RIP on 12:32 - Nov 23 with 2069 viewsbosh67

An amazing battle that he seemed to conquer against the odds for quite some time. RIP.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Wilko Johnson RIP on 12:41 - Nov 23 with 2050 viewsBlackCrowe

Definitely a legend. Seen so many times though not for about 5 years. Technique, stagecraft and personality - irreplacable.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Wilko Johnson RIP on 14:14 - Nov 23 with 1894 viewscolinallcars

Wilko Johnson RIP on 12:29 - Nov 23 by dmm

This is the definitive Dr Feelgood film. It's a fantastic documentary; do watch it if you haven't seen it. I think I will again tonight.

I have this DVD among my huge pile of mementos. I must find it and play as a tribute in my small way.
Wilko Johnson RIP on 15:01 - Nov 23 with 1851 viewsBoston

Enjoyed watching WJ at Dr Feelgood gigs, such an oddball style, they were never as good without him.

I heard him being interviewed on the radio, talked about his cancer and subsequent treatment, he mentioned that the doc he'd been seeing was called Charlie Chan!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Wilko Johnson RIP on 15:08 - Nov 23 with 1838 viewsPeterHucker

Great guy, great guitarist. Even before Dr Feelgood he travelled, worked as a teacher, what a life he had.
I urge anyone not familiar with them to watch Julien Temple's Oil City Confidential, one of the alltime great music documentaries.
Then follow it up by watching the follow up film The Ecstasy of Wilko Johnson.

Here's a short bit of footage I took in Warrington a few years ago.
Wilko Johnson RIP on 16:04 - Nov 23 with 1765 viewsPaddyhoops

Wilko Johnson RIP on 15:08 - Nov 23 by PeterHucker

Great guy, great guitarist. Even before Dr Feelgood he travelled, worked as a teacher, what a life he had.
I urge anyone not familiar with them to watch Julien Temple's Oil City Confidential, one of the alltime great music documentaries.
Then follow it up by watching the follow up film The Ecstasy of Wilko Johnson.

Here's a short bit of footage I took in Warrington a few years ago.

Seen Wilko on many occasions especially in the Mean fiddler in Harlesden back in the day.
Always put on a great show! RIP.
Wilko Johnson RIP on 17:47 - Nov 23 with 1637 viewshubble

Amazing character, absolutely loved Dr Feelgood back in the day (back in the night), really sorry to see you go Wilko - RIP mate.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Wilko Johnson RIP on 18:50 - Nov 23 with 1560 viewsthemodfather

sad news, RIP Wilko, an inspiratiom , an amazing guitarist and came across as a top bloke.
Wilko Johnson RIP on 20:07 - Nov 23 with 1459 viewsqueensparker

I’m trying to help my little girl with her guitar lessons at the moment (only ever learned the piano) and the way he played guitar blows my mind. It seems literally impossible
Wilko Johnson RIP on 21:31 - Nov 23 with 1355 viewsBoston

Wilko Johnson RIP on 16:04 - Nov 23 by Paddyhoops

Seen Wilko on many occasions especially in the Mean fiddler in Harlesden back in the day.
Always put on a great show! RIP.

Loved the Mean Fiddler. Started going from its onset, had a great laugh with the US service personnel who turned up at the weekends.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024