Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunderland, solidarity 21:21 - Feb 19 with 3981 viewssalutsunderland

We’ve been where you are and worse. I’m a Sunderland fan but have spent most of my adult life living closer to Loftus Road than Roker Park or the Stadium of Light. I hope you get out of this mess whoever the manager is.
I no longer have the Salut Sunderland fan site but had to find a home for some of Clive’s sensationally funny, sad, tragic, irreverent, incisive report from our recent game. Bravo ! With his consent, extracts appear at

https://www.francesalut.com/2023/02/hes-queens-park-rangers-im-sunderland-his-fo
Sunderland, solidarity on 21:49 - Feb 19 with 3768 viewsDamo1962

Thanks mate. Much appreciated. Good luck for the run in.
Sunderland, solidarity on 21:52 - Feb 19 with 3743 viewsMick_S

Same here, mate - good luck.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Sunderland, solidarity on 21:53 - Feb 19 with 3727 viewsBerkoRanger

Sunderland, solidarity on 21:49 - Feb 19 by Damo1962

Thanks mate. Much appreciated. Good luck for the run in.

Respect, Salut...and all the best from me.
Sunderland, solidarity on 22:05 - Feb 19 with 3576 viewscolinallcars

All the best mate - good luck.
Sunderland, solidarity on 22:11 - Feb 19 with 3535 viewsJAPRANGERS

Thanks for posting Salut! Good luck for the rest of the season!
Sunderland, solidarity on 22:23 - Feb 19 with 3423 viewsR_from_afar

Many thanks for those kind words and good luck for the run-in, your lot are flying.

Hope you go up, you Sunderland fans have had to be very patient and put up with a lot of disappointments.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Sunderland, solidarity on 22:35 - Feb 19 with 3298 viewslightwaterhoop

Glad you have 'turned the corner' and are doing well.My Grandfather was from Sunderland and worked in in the shipbuilding,industry ,during WW11 he was sent down to Portsmouth
to work on the Royal Navy ships so i have a soft spot for both of those teams as my relatives
are all fans of one or the other.
Sunderland, solidarity on 22:40 - Feb 19 with 3265 viewscolinallcars

I have a connection too. My wife's from South Shields so a “ sand dancer “ we always get great seafood from Latimer's when up there. We used to stay in the Souter lighthouse but it got a bit too expensive.
Login to get fewer ads

Sunderland, solidarity on 23:43 - Feb 19 with 3042 viewsDamo1962

I nearly ended up support the Mackems.As an impressionable 11 year old, after they beat Leeds in the 73 FA Cup final, I was fascinated by them - even though I had no idea where Sunderland even was. This is still, apart from 82 obviously....my favourite FA Cup experience. As LR was only a couple of miles away, and despite the efforts of neighbours to get me to support Chelski...the R's won me over. Been a life sentence since mind you 😉
Sunderland, solidarity on 08:45 - Feb 20 with 2724 viewsstowmarketrange

Sunderland, solidarity on 23:43 - Feb 19 by Damo1962

I nearly ended up support the Mackems.As an impressionable 11 year old, after they beat Leeds in the 73 FA Cup final, I was fascinated by them - even though I had no idea where Sunderland even was. This is still, apart from 82 obviously....my favourite FA Cup experience. As LR was only a couple of miles away, and despite the efforts of neighbours to get me to support Chelski...the R's won me over. Been a life sentence since mind you 😉

We were all Mackems in that 1973 final.That double save by Jim Montgomery was brilliant,and at least they aren’t like those self entitled muppets 8 miles up the road.
Sunderland, solidarity on 12:06 - Feb 20 with 2360 viewsloftboy

Decent fans Sunderland, had many chats with random strangers at games, never any animosity with them.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Sunderland, solidarity on 13:30 - Feb 20 with 2174 viewsFrankieFiveAngels

Always had time for Sunderland, great fans and club, whereas Newcastle fans have always seemed more entitled.

That 1973 FA Cup Final encapsulated the magic of football for me as a 7 year old. Leeds seemed to me to be the 'baddies' of that era and I was massively rooting for Sunderland as the underdog - Ian Porterfield, Jim, Montgomery, Dennis Tueart, Bobby Kerr all names etched in my memory. That was also my first full season supporting the R's that year and we went up! Ah, nostalgia..
Sunderland, solidarity on 14:59 - Feb 20 with 2004 viewsParkRoyalR

If you thought his Sunderland match report was good, you have to read his Middleboro match report, u-bend and all.
Sunderland, solidarity on 15:04 - Feb 20 with 1995 viewsMrSheen

Sunderland, solidarity on 22:35 - Feb 19 by lightwaterhoop

Glad you have 'turned the corner' and are doing well.My Grandfather was from Sunderland and worked in in the shipbuilding,industry ,during WW11 he was sent down to Portsmouth
to work on the Royal Navy ships so i have a soft spot for both of those teams as my relatives
are all fans of one or the other.

The very best thing about our dismal defeat at Blackburn was chatting to a Sunderland fan on his way up to Wigan with his son. He was ex-Navy and lived in Portsmouth but he never missed an away game. And yes, he was getting stuck into the cans as the train pulled out of Euston at 8.30 in the morning!
Sunderland, solidarity on 15:44 - Feb 20 with 1924 viewssalutsunderland

Sunderland, solidarity on 15:04 - Feb 20 by MrSheen

The very best thing about our dismal defeat at Blackburn was chatting to a Sunderland fan on his way up to Wigan with his son. He was ex-Navy and lived in Portsmouth but he never missed an away game. And yes, he was getting stuck into the cans as the train pulled out of Euston at 8.30 in the morning!

I've had anther bite at this cherry - https://www.francesalut.com/2023/02/the-loftus-road-massacre-that-qpr-fans-maste - simply to draw these great replies to SAFC fans' attention. And yes, I've read the Boro report, which would have been worth the effort for the crack about the drum alone. Oh and the description of their pen
Sunderland, solidarity on 15:47 - Feb 20 with 1915 viewsbosh67

Can we have Jack Clark back for 15 minutes a game when not needed there please?

Good luck hope you go up.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Sunderland, solidarity on 19:18 - Feb 20 with 1783 viewssalutsunderland

Sunderland, solidarity on 15:47 - Feb 20 by bosh67

Can we have Jack Clark back for 15 minutes a game when not needed there please?

Good luck hope you go up.

Thanks lads (and any lasses). I’ve enjoyed the visits and will plug Clive elsewhere
No you can’t have Jack Clark back, no I’m not sure promotion would be a great idea for us just now (he lied) and yes, I’ll leave you for now with one little anecdote. When Nathalie, my younger daughter, played for QPR ladies, she scored a goal, a winning goal and such a fantastic goal in a friendly against a US team, Vermont, that they urged her to apply for a ‘soccer’ scholarship with them. Nathalie wasn’t interested (and maybe they said the same to any girl who scored against them) but it might have changed her life.
Sunderland, solidarity on 20:16 - Feb 20 with 1651 viewsManinBlack

Talking of 1973 I recall vividly wanting Sunderland to beat Arsenal in the semi final. They did. I then wanted them to beat Leeds in the final. They did. Then I wanted them to lose at home to QPR after the final. They did. Obviously as a child I got what I wanted unlike today where my team has not won yet this year.

To be honest the North East clubs get great support and travel in numbers whether they follow Sunderland, Boro or Newcastle. The three clubs appear to be on a bit of a resurgence.

I see Sky has lost track of where Sunderland are in the table as they are advertising the live game with Coventry as a mid table clash.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024