Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
for those that missed it. 21:22 - Jul 8 with 2553 viewsqpr_1968

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

for those that missed it. on 22:12 - Jul 8 with 2438 viewsbosh67

I know it’s a training game but based on that I would say it’s going to be a very long season

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

for those that missed it. on 22:25 - Jul 8 with 2403 viewscpgerber

Keep in mind that Slavia Prague is playing European football this season and have been in training for 4 weeks, so I didn't really expect anything less.

Wouldn't worry too much at this stage.
for those that missed it. on 01:12 - Jul 9 with 2187 viewsBoston

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

for those that missed it. on 01:55 - Jul 9 with 2157 viewsLoyalitat

for those that missed it. on 22:25 - Jul 8 by cpgerber

Keep in mind that Slavia Prague is playing European football this season and have been in training for 4 weeks, so I didn't really expect anything less.

Wouldn't worry too much at this stage.

And of course, there's Dobbo's sprinkling of magic, which is yet to come into effect at Championship level. Just keep believing, it will happen.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2023 1:56]
for those that missed it. on 08:41 - Jul 9 with 1967 viewsconnell10

I'd be more confident with Jeffrey Archer in goal than our one , he looks very dodgy.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

for those that missed it. on 08:50 - Jul 9 with 1939 viewscolinallcars

for those that missed it. on 08:41 - Jul 9 by connell10

I'd be more confident with Jeffrey Archer in goal than our one , he looks very dodgy.

I hope our Archer has a strong back. He'll need it bending down to pick the ball up from the back of the net.
for those that missed it. on 10:28 - Jul 9 with 1830 viewsqpr_1968

for those that missed it. on 08:50 - Jul 9 by colinallcars

I hope our Archer has a strong back. He'll need it bending down to pick the ball up from the back of the net.

all archers have a strong back...

for those that missed it. on 11:04 - Jul 9 with 1768 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

It's going to be a long old season.
Login to get fewer ads

for those that missed it. on 11:32 - Jul 9 with 1676 viewsDorse

I don't think there's many conclusions to be drawn from what looked to be a glorified kick-about but here goes.

I don't believe we're doomed (it's July!) but I do think we look light in defence. Mind you, I thought that last season when we let Barbet depart so at least I'm consistent.

Add the loss of Dieng and it becomes more of a concern as we simply don't know what we'll be dealing with. Archer? Oh, Lord, have we not suffered enough? Walsh? Can I get a second opinion? Expect Mahoney to be declared the new Messiah after his first clean sheet for Swindon.

I suppose this is the eternal conundrum (loved their early stuff) with following football during the closed season: whatever information we lack, we simply fill in the blanks and then scream bloody murder about it. It's usually* not as good as it's made out to be nor as bad as we fear. Either way, we don't know what's in the pipeline: we do know what just happened and it didn't feel nice.

* I fully understand how much work the word 'usually' is doing here.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

for those that missed it. on 12:07 - Jul 9 with 1612 viewsE15Hoop

for those that missed it. on 11:32 - Jul 9 by Dorse

I don't think there's many conclusions to be drawn from what looked to be a glorified kick-about but here goes.

I don't believe we're doomed (it's July!) but I do think we look light in defence. Mind you, I thought that last season when we let Barbet depart so at least I'm consistent.

Add the loss of Dieng and it becomes more of a concern as we simply don't know what we'll be dealing with. Archer? Oh, Lord, have we not suffered enough? Walsh? Can I get a second opinion? Expect Mahoney to be declared the new Messiah after his first clean sheet for Swindon.

I suppose this is the eternal conundrum (loved their early stuff) with following football during the closed season: whatever information we lack, we simply fill in the blanks and then scream bloody murder about it. It's usually* not as good as it's made out to be nor as bad as we fear. Either way, we don't know what's in the pipeline: we do know what just happened and it didn't feel nice.

* I fully understand how much work the word 'usually' is doing here.

I believe Walsh is decent, Dorse, and I always thaought Mahoney was in his appearances for us so far.
Archer was on loan at Wycombe a decade ago, so it maybe that he's being looked at through the lens of "outdated data" atm.
Other than that, i think you've summarised it nicely, with the added note that I'm 100% sure GA and Dobbo already know what areas need priority attention.
for those that missed it. on 13:28 - Jul 9 with 1514 viewsjohncharles

for those that missed it. on 08:41 - Jul 9 by connell10

Some kind of defence would be handy. The defenders main aim seemed to be to get in Archer’s way

Strong and stable my arse.

for those that missed it. on 13:44 - Jul 9 with 1483 viewsNov77

Don’t worry, the coaching staff are on it……

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

for those that missed it. on 14:34 - Jul 9 with 1424 viewsBoston

Austri R's.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

for those that missed it. on 20:03 - Jul 11 with 1065 viewsqpr_1968

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024