Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As good as we've got? Report 23:20 - Oct 5 with 3962 viewsNorthernr

As good as we've got? Report 5th Oct 2023 22:52
QPR suffered an all-too-predictable defeat at freshly relegated Leeds on Wednesday night, going down to a single entirely self inflicted goal and suffering another refereeing calamity into the bargain. 9

As good as we've got? Report on 00:04 - Oct 6 with 3801 viewsdaveB

Harsh but more than fair.

Agree on MOTM as well, thought Clarke Salter had a decent game
As good as we've got? Report on 01:56 - Oct 6 with 3665 viewsSydneyRs

Clarke-Salter as we know is decent if he can stay available for any length of time. The lack of goal threat will kill us though.
As good as we've got? Report on 02:24 - Oct 6 with 3654 viewsFredManRave

Don't know how you do it, Clive. And there's two for the price of one in there.

1. I don't know how you manage to religously drag yourself up and down the country following this Band of Merry Men (I started typing Brothers but then realised they couldn't be any more opposite than them) at the moment*.

2. I don't know how you continue to write such high quality (again the complete opposite from them) reports on such a consistent basis. To be fair, the team and manager are providing you with some great material, at the moment*.

*at the moment, is effectively the last 25 years, give or take a season or two.

I'm still shitting myself that you're going to transfer to Sunderland. Although, with their form at the moment, you'd have nothing worth writing home about.

Stat attack:Paal is our highest goal scorer and highest foul thrower, so far this season.

It's anyones guess as to which one of those stats, if any, will be overtaken this season.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2023 2:28]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

As good as we've got? Report on 08:11 - Oct 6 with 3251 viewsderbyhoop

Depressingly accurate.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

As good as we've got? Report on 08:21 - Oct 6 with 3195 viewsstevec

I’m a bit disappointed that the throw ins weren’t on the highlights.
As good as we've got? Report on 08:37 - Oct 6 with 3099 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I think that's all very fair.

Thanks as ever, quality writing.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

As good as we've got? Report on 09:42 - Oct 6 with 2915 viewsterryb

Thanks Clive.

I'm with you in not understanding the system that we are attempting to play! The more I look at it, I can't decide whether Kakay is meant to be the right side central defender in a back three, or right back in a back four.

I'm considering the possibility that we've re-invented the position so that the same player is meant to occupy both places. Especially as Dunne looked to be given the same role.

Can somebody please enlighten me?
As good as we've got? Report on 09:55 - Oct 6 with 2855 viewspeterlund_dk

Huge respect to the travelling R's and to Clive for the report, what an absolute dire trip to watch that dross. I wasn't even able to catch the stream.

I don't think I have ever heard a more partridgey Accidental Partridge than Nick London's "Oooh there's no touch, he's a diving cheat!"
Login to get fewer ads

As good as we've got? Report on 10:02 - Oct 6 with 2824 viewsDannyPaddox

Having not seen the game I’m hankering after an Rs throw-in masterclass montage too. Maybe an extended edit stretching to 3 mins 37 seconds and set to Herbie Hancock’s Rockit. Top report as ever Clive.
As good as we've got? Report on 10:32 - Oct 6 with 2704 viewsTheChef

As good as we've got? Report on 00:04 - Oct 6 by daveB

Harsh but more than fair.

Agree on MOTM as well, thought Clarke Salter had a decent game

On the whole he did but for the goal he got caught ball watching when he should have been tighter to goal scorer.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

As good as we've got? Report on 10:34 - Oct 6 with 2697 viewsParkRoyalR

1st Half performance yet again raises serious questions regards Ainsworth's tactics.

Playing out from the back against a quick and athletic recently relegated premier league team would not be my Plan A.

Doing so via Ossie Kakay would not be a Plan B or C or a few of the following letters of the alphabet.

Playing Armstrong as a lone striker instead of Dykes in that role is beyond comprehension.

Starting two forwards in Dykes and Armstrong and trying to play out from the back in that 1st Half takes some explaining.
As good as we've got? Report on 10:43 - Oct 6 with 2639 viewsPaddyhoops

If Blackburn score early Saturday. We kinda know what’s coming . Huff and puff and little else. Can’t remember the last time we put in a sustained 45 min onslaught into the loft end.
Seems like years ago.
Depressing really. Like watching a film 20 times over with the same ending . Usually a hammer horror.
Still we go again.
As good as we've got? Report on 10:50 - Oct 6 with 2609 viewsFDC

As good as we've got? Report on 09:55 - Oct 6 by peterlund_dk

Huge respect to the travelling R's and to Clive for the report, what an absolute dire trip to watch that dross. I wasn't even able to catch the stream.

I don't think I have ever heard a more partridgey Accidental Partridge than Nick London's "Oooh there's no touch, he's a diving cheat!"

Those AP tweets really made me laugh
As good as we've got? Report on 11:20 - Oct 6 with 2506 viewsstevec

As good as we've got? Report on 10:02 - Oct 6 by DannyPaddox

Having not seen the game I’m hankering after an Rs throw-in masterclass montage too. Maybe an extended edit stretching to 3 mins 37 seconds and set to Herbie Hancock’s Rockit. Top report as ever Clive.

It’d be great if the club could do a ‘Really bad throw in of the month’ competition and on its 10th anniversary, invite all the seasons winners back to compete in a grand finale against Lyndon Dykes.
As good as we've got? Report on 11:45 - Oct 6 with 2444 viewsQPunkR

Thankfully I didn't mange to catch the stream as I was working (there is a God!) so this is a superb read. Just like being there (without the utter despondent ballache of traipsing around the broken country and having to sit through the latest 90 minutes of slop).

Definitely think I get the better end of that particular deal..

QPR - "shit but local"

As good as we've got? Report on 11:55 - Oct 6 with 2408 viewsSilverfoxqpr

As good as we've got? Report on 11:20 - Oct 6 by stevec

It’d be great if the club could do a ‘Really bad throw in of the month’ competition and on its 10th anniversary, invite all the seasons winners back to compete in a grand finale against Lyndon Dykes.

Penalty shootout against Dykes you mean? Hope so, could be onto a winner here.
As good as we've got? Report on 14:30 - Oct 6 with 1984 viewsmart_Goblin

Brilliant Clive.

The Adamoh throw in debacle had the wife and I in stitches.
Because it’s true!

I agree with the sentiment at the end. We all knew it would be bad. We all knew we would be so under equipped, but there are certain things you do expect the management and the players to be able to do whether we win games or not.

As you say, it’s very bleak indeed.

To emphasis this I had a choice of Blackburn tomorrow or taking the family on the Jack The Ripper tour tomorrow…guess which one I chose ?

Somewhere in there is some sort of huge irony I’m to stupid to fathom .
As good as we've got? Report on 14:39 - Oct 6 with 1939 viewsR_from_afar

Being poor at taking and defending set pieces seems to have been a problem for us for years now, but if I could ask Ainsworth and his team one question it would be about the hell we are so woeful in that respect, oh, and have they ever heard of a footballer called Joe Jacobson*?

When sports psychologists talk about controlling the controllables, your own free kicks are a perfect example. You are handed the ball so you can do something productive with it. Our set pieces are more threatening to our own team than the opposition. Perhaps we work on that in training. Who the hell knows? Grimly awful

* No, I am not advocating signing him.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

As good as we've got? Report on 17:27 - Oct 6 with 1646 viewsNorthernr

It's here and it's beautiful.

As good as we've got? Report on 17:43 - Oct 6 with 1574 viewsBrianMcCarthy

As good as we've got? Report on 17:27 - Oct 6 by Northernr

Art.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

As good as we've got? Report on 18:05 - Oct 6 with 1550 viewsNorthantsHoop

It's so sad but predictable, currently on holiday in Canada so will not have to suffer the predictable defeat to Blackburn on Saturday from my upper loft seat. Been to a couple of League 1 games at Northampton Town this season, believe me this QPR team would struggle to do anything in that division.
As good as we've got? Report on 18:26 - Oct 6 with 1506 viewsmart_Goblin

As good as we've got? Report on 17:27 - Oct 6 by Northernr

It makes me cringe and want to go and hide.

It’s a tiny microcosm of everything we are from the owners to the manager to the players.

Embarrassing really
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024