Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
being over charged on your card... 23:35 - May 27 with 1975 viewsqpr_1968

who's been over charged on their credit/debit card...

whether its been something minor, like in a cafe or pub, or something bigger like in a store or even £000's, not going into detail....

if you've only noticed weeks or months later, how do yo get your money back when you've got no receipt.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

being over charged on your card... on 23:45 - May 27 with 1875 viewsstainrods_elbow

Sorry, I know this is a very ecumenical message board, but, really, a line in the sand has to be drawn somewhere! Why would you not talk to a consumer organisation about this kind of thing? I come here to read and write about all things QPR, not dive into the minutiae of other people's lives.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

being over charged on your card... on 23:47 - May 27 with 1884 viewsqpr_1968

being over charged on your card... on 23:45 - May 27 by stainrods_elbow

Sorry, I know this is a very ecumenical message board, but, really, a line in the sand has to be drawn somewhere! Why would you not talk to a consumer organisation about this kind of thing? I come here to read and write about all things QPR, not dive into the minutiae of other people's lives.

sorry?

being over charged on your card... on 23:48 - May 27 with 1867 viewsCroydonCaptJack

You can normally challenge a transaction but how long ago was it?
being over charged on your card... on 23:53 - May 27 with 1856 viewsqpr_1968

being over charged on your card... on 23:48 - May 27 by CroydonCaptJack

You can normally challenge a transaction but how long ago was it?

2 weeks ago, something minor, £40 sovs, no receipt, but if it happened to me, how many others have been done.

being over charged on your card... on 23:59 - May 27 with 1842 viewsqpr_1968

being over charged on your card... on 23:45 - May 27 by stainrods_elbow

ecumenical?....minutiae?....

not every thread on this board has been about qpr over the years...the seasons finished.

if your not interested on this subject, keep your fking nose out.

being over charged on your card... on 08:16 - May 28 with 1635 viewsCroydonCaptJack

being over charged on your card... on 23:53 - May 27 by qpr_1968

2 weeks ago, something minor, £40 sovs, no receipt, but if it happened to me, how many others have been done.

That is not too late. You need to just challenge it with your credit card company. They will do a chargeback to the person or company that have charged you which will make them prove it is legit.
being over charged on your card... on 09:46 - May 28 with 1502 viewsA40Bosh

Ok slight correction. The bank/credit card company will most likely ask you to address it with the retailer first before they go through a chargeback process. They would want to give the retailer the opportunity to refund it.

If it is a legit retailer with an integrated payments system then even if you do not have the receipt but have a card statement showing date, time and amount of the transactions, they should be able to trace the history in their point of sale reconciliation system.

It happens all the time mate.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

being over charged on your card... on 10:29 - May 28 with 1404 viewsCroydonCaptJack

being over charged on your card... on 09:46 - May 28 by A40Bosh

Ok slight correction. The bank/credit card company will most likely ask you to address it with the retailer first before they go through a chargeback process. They would want to give the retailer the opportunity to refund it.

If it is a legit retailer with an integrated payments system then even if you do not have the receipt but have a card statement showing date, time and amount of the transactions, they should be able to trace the history in their point of sale reconciliation system.

It happens all the time mate.

They give them that chance as part of the chargeback process.
Login to get fewer ads

being over charged on your card... on 14:10 - May 28 with 1242 viewsQPR_Hibs

Pretty much all of the Banks have an online reporting sysytem for transaction queries/disputes. Here is an example of Barclaycard's information:

If you have a problem with a Barclaycard transaction that the retailer or company (or liquidator, where applicable) can’t put right, then you could make a claim with us. If you've got a query on a transaction, we recommend that you start by getting in touch with the company direct. This is likely to be the quickest way to get the resolution you want.

If you've spoken to them, or you don't recognise the company or transaction, we can help you by logging a dispute. If you can provide evidence of your contact with them and their response, that could help support your claim.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

being over charged on your card... on 14:20 - May 28 with 1226 viewsToast_R

I got done once at the Parkdene Resorts in Great Yarmouth. When that "Eat out to help out" scheme was on during covid. I paid for lunch at their cafe for the family, then the waitress said she forgot to add the deal so apparently void the original transaction and asked me to pay again at the discounted price. Weeks later, I discovered she hadn't void the original bill, so I ended up paying twice. About £60.

Had to get Santander to refund me, which they did, eventually
being over charged on your card... on 14:26 - May 28 with 1200 viewsessextaxiboy

I got charged double for a burger in SAR . The guy said "the supervisor has to do all refunds and credits " ..OK where are they? ...."Over in Ellerslie Rd" was the reply .. about 12 min before kick off
being over charged on your card... on 15:09 - May 28 with 1113 viewsCroydonCaptJack

being over charged on your card... on 14:26 - May 28 by essextaxiboy

I got charged double for a burger in SAR . The guy said "the supervisor has to do all refunds and credits " ..OK where are they? ...."Over in Ellerslie Rd" was the reply .. about 12 min before kick off

Are you sure it wasn't a double cheeseburger?
being over charged on your card... on 16:06 - May 28 with 1014 viewsthame_hoops

I’ve had a few issues in the past, including being overcharged by an online retailer who was supposed to credit me the difference but never did (promo code was rejected AFTER they took my mone). American Express were brilliant and they ended up crediting me the whole amount and not just the £20. Good luck
being over charged on your card... on 16:12 - May 28 with 982 viewsrbee

A little tip when shopping online always try and pay using Paypal.

This gives you an extra layer of protection and 180 days to raise a dispute.
being over charged on your card... on 16:20 - May 28 with 961 viewsstowmarketrange

I spent a fair amount of money today buying a piece of our old pitch that was dug up last summer.An ad appeared on fb and it said that there was 200 pieces for sale,each with its own part in our 10 year history.Some had already been sold,and so I plumped for the one I wanted.It was supposedly sold via our official website,but now I’m not sure whether it was legitimate or not.It said that it won’t be delivered for 6-8 weeks.
Has anyone else been fooled by this,or is it genuine?
being over charged on your card... on 19:14 - May 28 with 809 viewsToast_R

I bought one of those knock-off new England shirts advertised by a 'Tik Tokker', paid for it and completely forgot about it. After 3 weeks I remembered and then realised I never received a confirmation email or nothing to prove the transaction ever happened. Also, the website had disappeared. I was going to contact my credit card and see what they could do before thinking, "Nah, I was a mug for thinking it was legit."
Found it behind my wheelie bin a few day's later. The shirt is quality, name, numbered, and includes the Euro 2024 sleeve patches. Well happy.
[Post edited 28 May 19:15]
being over charged on your card... on 19:24 - May 28 with 782 viewsNoDiddley

Sod that
being over charged on your card... on 19:24 - May 28 with 780 viewsNoDiddley

being over charged on your card... on 16:20 - May 28 by stowmarketrange

I spent a fair amount of money today buying a piece of our old pitch that was dug up last summer.An ad appeared on fb and it said that there was 200 pieces for sale,each with its own part in our 10 year history.Some had already been sold,and so I plumped for the one I wanted.It was supposedly sold via our official website,but now I’m not sure whether it was legitimate or not.It said that it won’t be delivered for 6-8 weeks.

Sorry Phil
Sod that
being over charged on your card... on 19:30 - May 28 with 758 viewsthame_hoops

being over charged on your card... on 19:14 - May 28 by Toast_R

I bought one of those knock-off new England shirts advertised by a 'Tik Tokker', paid for it and completely forgot about it. After 3 weeks I remembered and then realised I never received a confirmation email or nothing to prove the transaction ever happened. Also, the website had disappeared. I was going to contact my credit card and see what they could do before thinking, "Nah, I was a mug for thinking it was legit."
Found it behind my wheelie bin a few day's later. The shirt is quality, name, numbered, and includes the Euro 2024 sleeve patches. Well happy.
[Post edited 28 May 19:15]

Haha i’ve been refunded from Amazon before for a parcel that didn’t make it and then found it a week later behind my recycling bin. knock off jerseys are amazing. I buy them all the time for my girlfriend’s two boys. You really cannot tell the difference. £13 each
being over charged on your card... on 20:19 - May 28 with 697 viewsBenny_the_Ball

You get a lot more protection with a credit card because it's covered by the Consumer Credit Act. Simply report the unrecognised transaction to the bank and ask them to perform a chargeback.

Even though I don't really need it, I use a credit card for most transactions (particularly online) and then pay the balance off every month so as not to incur any interest.

I learnt this lesson many years ago after an insurance company who'd kept my details on file decided to auto-renew my policy despite me having clearly stated in writing that I didn't want to renew. As it was a debit card, my bank were very unhelpful and I had to take legal action to recover my money.
being over charged on your card... on 22:21 - May 28 with 616 viewsessextaxiboy

being over charged on your card... on 15:09 - May 28 by CroydonCaptJack

Are you sure it wasn't a double cheeseburger?

I havnt got a good enough credit rating to order a double cheeseburger at LR
being over charged on your card... on 09:09 - May 29 with 463 viewsslmrstid

being over charged on your card... on 16:20 - May 28 by stowmarketrange

They've been advertising it on the official site so presumably genuine, although as part of it we also seem to be joining the crypto NFT grifting game with "digital souvenir" which is really sad to see.
being over charged on your card... on 10:06 - May 29 with 406 viewsstowmarketrange

being over charged on your card... on 09:09 - May 29 by slmrstid

They've been advertising it on the official site so presumably genuine, although as part of it we also seem to be joining the crypto NFT grifting game with "digital souvenir" which is really sad to see.

Thanks for the info.There was 200 pieces of turf associated with 200 memories of goals scored at loftus rd since 2012,and some had already been sold and I only scrolled to about 50 to find the one I wanted.
I’ll wait for the postman to deliver a lump of grass in 6 weeks time then.
being over charged on your card... on 21:21 - May 29 with 252 viewsSpaceman_P

This happened to me for a prescription the other day.... was supposed to be 12 quid, they put 22 quid on the bloody card machine.... I paid obviously and threw the receipt away.

assholes!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024